Heide Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
CGM

Well the ride will be longer- in place of Rita's brake run will be an airtime hill and it will fly round the last corner and then into the brakes. But that still wouldn't add 24 seconds to the ride.

Looking at the construction pictures, it does actually look like it could be quite good. The layout is much closer to the ground and the launch house and other buildings are very well themed. Kind of looks like what Rita could have been if a bit more time and effort had gone into it
John

Well this coaster looks like it has its own space, theming rita was always going to be problematic with the ride sat on top of an existing area.
AstroDan

Desert Race is going to be Heide's new icon coaster, so to speak. It'll be Germany's first Acclerator. Rita was never going to be AT's icon - so I would imagine Desert Race is going to be more centerpiece for the park.
iriderides101

[quote=""AstroDan""]Desert Race is going to be Heide's new icon coaster, so to speak. It'll be Germany's first Acclerator. Rita was never going to be AT's icon - so I would imagine Desert Race is going to be more centerpiece for the park.[/quote]
I would of thought collosos would of been
AstroDan

[quote=""iriderides101""][quote=""AstroDan""]Desert Race is going to be Heide's new icon coaster, so to speak. It'll be Germany's first Acclerator. Rita was never going to be AT's icon - so I would imagine Desert Race is going to be more centerpiece for the park.[/quote]
I would of thought collosos would of been[/quote]

Yes Colossus is/was. However such is Heide Park's irregular introduction of new rollercoasters that this is going to seen as a MAJOR installation. This is the first new rollercoaster since 2001.
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""AstroDan""]Desert Race is going to be Heide's new icon coaster, so to speak. It'll be Germany's first Acclerator. Rita was never going to be AT's icon - so I would imagine Desert Race is going to be more centerpiece for the park.[/quote]

That's interesting. Hopefully they'll splash out on theming then, as the layout has the potential to really interact with themeing and provide a great ride experience.

Not sure I like the sound of Tussaud's making clones 'icon coasters', they've already done it with Thorpe.. originality please :evil:.
Thomas

I don't see it being a major problem with it being a clone as long as it isn't cloned too many times, as then it becomes the problem that you have basically already ridden that ride some were else, pretty much like Stealth's layout, there popping up everywhere now

If this rides given some descent themeing I'm sure it will be a success for the park

Thomas
black-t5

Sound now like these types of roller coasters are now catching on now.
Beaver Dude

Hmm I wonder if Desert Race was planned years before Rita and if Rita was a copy of Desert Race. it wouldn't surprise me seeing as they copied Stealths theming and station design for Rita.
iriderides101

[quote=""Beaver Dude""]Hmm I wonder if Desert Race was planned years before Rita and if Rita was a copy of Desert Race. it wouldn't surprise me seeing as they copied Stealths theming and station design for Rita.[/quote]
Doubt it because if it was it would of been installed in 2006 or 2005
AstroDan

Height: 101m/331'
Length: 2250m
82° steep drop
Speed: 155 km/h / 97mph

According to a respected international ATA member and someone over at ThemeParkReview, Heide Park are set to install a Millennium Force style Giga Coaster for the 2008 season with massive speeds of 97mph. This would be Europe's highest rollercoaster - slamming nearly 100' on Silver Star! This would also be the HIGHEST lift hill rollercoaster in the WORLD at 21' higher than Cedar Point's equivalent.

http://freizeitparkweb.de/dcf/User_file ... 29632a.jpg
Layout?

http://www.treichel-net.de/Heidepark/Ho ... g/holz.JPG
Cleared Land

:shock: :shock:

*source is from ATA and TPR forums and the relative internet sites.
Last edited by AstroDan on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

My god if that is true. Its a MASSIVE investement. Biggest one EVER for tussards. And now thorpe and alton got some work in the past to seasons it looks like they havent forgot there german park. That would be the best coaster in the EU for sure. And possible world contender. Massive news. :lol:
Dr Pop Rocket

There were plans for this quite a while back, planning permission was refused, there is a possibility it could be re-submitted but it was refused the first time for being to large, so some how I doubt they will get planning permission when its already been refused.....
AstroDan

Apparantly the park already have some kind of license.

:shock:
Anonymous

Even if its not going to go ahead it shows that tussards are wanting a BIG installment at the park.
And to beat MF which is at the best theme park for rollecoasters in the world (cedar point) is amazing.
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""AstroDan""]Apparantly the park already have some kind of license.

:shock:[/quote]

Ok, I have found a bit more information on the project, it was meant to go ahead but then Tussauds purchased Heide and discarded the idea as it would simply cost too much money, money which they felt could be spent better elsewhere.

Whether they have changed there minds or not I do not know, but can you really see Tussauds investing in a project of this scale ? Quite frankly, I can't, it seems too good to be true...
AstroDan

Well Theme Park Review are discussing it, there appear to be some vague plans - and Heide Park do appear to want this as they have wanted one for a few years now. There was article in First Drop magazine at one point.
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""AstroDan""]Well Theme Park Review are discussing it, there appear to be some vague plans - and Heide Park do appear to want this as they have wanted one for a few years now. There was article in First Drop magazine at one point.[/quote]

Yes, Heide want it, Heide have always wanted it, they had it all planned and ready to go, but like I said Tussauds then purchased them out, they might want it, but its down to Tussauds, they decide whether they want such a thing being built and whether they are willing to fund the project.

I'm not saying I don't want it to go ahead, I would love to see it happen, but you have to look at whether Tussauds would fund such a large project, the largest project they have ever undertaken was Stealth, compare Stealth to this Giga and its nothing, its a huge leap, and if this does go ahead and Tussauds fund it, we could be seeing a change in the way Tussauds work, we could be seeing them take a few more risks. Only time will tell...
AstroDan

I think that Tussauds have realised that they can't let Europa-Park and Phantasialand keep building hotels, major rides and all sorts while Heide Park sort of sits in the shadows.

Heide Park are getting the Rita clone, a hotel and potentially this investment - it speaks volumes where Tussauds are focussing some cash at the present time!
Anonymous

http://www.desertrace.de/de/welcome

Main site now for the new coaster. Funny enough the rita man is back on their new coaster lol. Check the video at top of main page lol. HE IS BACK :D