Heide Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Fences are going up all over the place, in these images from the minsite.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

More images from the minisite showing fencing going up, as well as the supports for the safety nets.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest images on the minisite show that more of the fence work has been completed, as well as the internal construction of the ride's shop.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Once again the minisite has been updated with more images. They show that more of the queue-line fencing is now up, as well as the safety net now attached to the immelmann and the paving, outside of the shop, which is a sort of plaza area.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest updates to the minisite aren't photos, instead there has been the announcement of themed rooms at the hotel and also VIP packages, including pre-season and ERT which come with a range of other perks.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

More images on the minisite of various bits of theming around the ride.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Once again more images have been added to the minisite!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

From the latest image on the minisite, it appears that the exit from the station has doors.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Plenty of new images on the minisite, mainly of the logo around the ride area and around Germany as marketing.

DeanGaryCox

So both Raptor (before) and now this (after), are better in every way, than The Swarm, all from Merlin - gotta love the UK! -.-
Danny

I would disagree with you there. What theme:theming would you say this coaster has and what theming does it include that you could see while riding the coaster that would add to the experience?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

DannyG wrote:I would disagree with you there. What theme:theming would you say this coaster has and what theming does it include that you could see while riding the coaster that would add to the experience?
You have the bridge at the base of the first drop, the shop is also a piece of theming, there are the surrounding buildings on the panoramic curve and some stonework to create a near miss in the middle of the Pretzel loop. However, I must say that The Swarm is probably the best themed UK rollercoaster, even if the theme itself isn't all that original.
Danny

lewis97 wrote:
DannyG wrote:I would disagree with you there. What theme:theming would you say this coaster has and what theming does it include that you could see while riding the coaster that would add to the experience?
You have the bridge at the base of the first drop, the shop is also a piece of theming, there are the surrounding buildings on the panoramic curve and some stonework to create a near miss in the middle of the Pretzel loop. However, I must say that The Swarm is probably the best themed UK rollercoaster, even if the theme itself isn't all that original.
My point is a bridge and a few buildings is pretty boring theming. They may be near misses but are they particularly themed? Could you look at the bridge and know exactly what the rides theme was.
With The Swarms theming you could easily pick up there's been devastation and makes the ride 10x better. Take away a bridge and shop I wouldn't say it altered the experience that much.
DrReeve

DannyG wrote:
lewis97 wrote:
My point is a bridge and a few buildings is pretty boring theming. They may be near misses but are they particularly themed? Could you look at the bridge and know exactly what the rides theme was.
With The Swarms theming you could easily pick up there's been devastation and makes the ride 10x better. Take away a bridge and shop I wouldn't say it altered the experience that much.
I don't think the theming is pretty boring at all it has some near misses and an amazing track layout. Just because it is a wingrider doesn't mean it has to have hundreds of near misses like swarm or raptor. It has its own identity flight of the Demons.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As always, I bring more images from the minisite! Finishing touches are being added to the ride, such as the entrance side and test seat.

TomL

We have a POV! Posted on the B&M Facebook page and shows a POV of the front right hand seat. http://youtu.be/GYaAt2pjMrM
Owen

Well, IMO (I know I'm going to have people on my back about this) but I was loving the layout and the theme, but then we get this:/ the theming has been done ott at the very least, to much in one place. It slows down so much after the Immelmann, and the turn at the end looks rather violent. They missed the point, they have made a open styled roller coaster, and then put to much inappropriate theming onto it. 'Flight of the demons' sounds brilliant, layout is interesting and the theming idea is great. Theming items however 'calm down honey'. They haven't seemed to take into account the size of the area,height of the coaster and layout. And I'm not even going to start on track colour.
The best thing about it is the queue. Oh wait, that's cramped too.
I had such high hopes for this, it just seems a bit of a let down.
But then again, it just a POV so I'll wait and see an ariel before I change my mind.
DrReeve

Thrillmad wrote:Well, IMO (I know I'm going to have people on my back about this) but I was loving the layout and the theme, but then we get this:/ the theming has been done ott at the very least, to much in one place. It slows down so much after the Immelmann, and the turn at the end looks rather violent. They missed the point, they have made a open styled roller coaster, and then put to much inappropriate theming onto it. 'Flight of the demons' sounds brilliant, layout is interesting and the theming idea is great. Theming items however 'calm down honey'. They haven't seemed to take into account the size of the area,height of the coaster and layout. And I'm not even going to start on track colour.
The best thing about it is the queue. Oh wait, that's cramped too.
I had such high hopes for this, it just seems a bit of a let down.
But then again, it just a POV so I'll wait and see an ariel before I change my mind.
As much as I want to disagree with this I can't, it's true. It looks great and the first airtime hill looks insane. It just seems to loose speed way to quickly. Making the rest of the ride slow inversions. The amount of near misses is really low. But maybe on the left side you get lower to the ground?
Image credit to Lewis97
RollercoasterGEEK100

The one thing i really don't like is that park has 3/4 coaster with the same colours, WHITE & GREEN. I think if im honest the track should've been black or a grey like the swarm...
Chris
Admin
Admin

The area of Heide Park that the coaster resides is one of the most beautiful in Europe, so absolutely see why they have kept the colours sympathetic to the surroundings.