Rich people hire disabled people to beat queues at disney!!!!

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
jamjamz

Hi everyone.
  Dont know if this is the right section to put it in but Seen this in the sun newspaper today and was wondering what you all thought of it. Personal myself if i had the money and the disabled person was willing then why not :D.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... World.html

Also would this work for Alton Towers and other merlin attractions??

Last edited by jamjamz on Thu May 16, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

I saw this yesterday, the lengths people will go to avoid queuing. ..
jamjamz

Ready_23 wrote: I saw this yesterday, the lengths people will go to avoid queuing. ..
Never been to disney world but from what you here the queues are bad so in some sense if you want the most out of your stay then why not. :D if i had the money i would consider it.
Danny

The queues aren't always that bad, and fastrack is free anyway? Personally I think this whole concept was incredibly wrong, from the morals to the overall price.
jamjamz

Danny wrote: The queues aren't always that bad, and fastrack is free anyway? Personally I think this whole concept was incredibly wrong, from the morals to the overall price.
Totaly agree that the moral of it is so wrong
Roodlesnouter

I have been to WDW a lot and have never queued more than 15 mins for any rides there. Yes the queues get long and it is the number one complaint about the place but if you do your research and use the system you don't need to use underhand and morally incorrect tactics
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TB2

That's pretty much exploitation of someones disability right there. Besides, two and a half hour queue for It's a Small World, who are they kidding?!
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Alex

But then again if you are disabled and can make money for having fun all day I certainly wouldn't complain!
jamjamz

Ready_23 wrote: But then again if you are disabled and can make money for having fun all day I certainly wouldn't complain!
Me neither.
rosco1982uk

Really don't have a problem with this at all.

What I do have a problem with is paying to queue jump full stop (which you don't do at Disney anyway).

I was behind a young child and his mother at AT last year in the Rita queue - which was about 45 minutes. Now far from me to judge a book by its cover - but the child mentioned coming back next year and the mother commented on how they'd have to save up - which suggested to me this was a special trip for a family who didn't have a lot.

The child then asked his mother why there were people walking straight on and could they do that.

By offering the chance to pay to queue jump, it gives the impression that some park guests are more important than others.

Which is fundamentally wrong.
Eirdy

I think that is ridiculous
just because they are rich does not mean they can do that, WE have to q so why dont they :|
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
http://fairfans.freeforums.org/index.php
abigsmurf

This has been going on decades. I remember when I first went to Florida and got annoyed when someone disabled went to the front of the queue... Along with 8 people who were with him.

They've tightened it up and made it more difficult to get these passes (lots of groups would have someone go around on a scooter all day, pretending to be disabled to make them able to queue jump)

It's going to become more and more difficult in the future as I suspect disabled people will just get fast pass tickets so they can 'queue' in a cafe instead.
Themeparksandy1981

I heard it's only 2 Helpers now per disabled guest.
Chris-TT

Morally wrong, there is no question about it. In my opinion the way in which disabled passes work should change in all parks. Disabled guests should get something similar to a Queue Bot where they virtually have to queue a simular amount of time as the standard queueline before going through the exit.

The only real argument I can see against this is disabled guests will have a lot of time waiting around, and some people's disability might be adversly affected by waiting. Well in almost every park there is lots of other things to do and see, grabbing a drink/snack/meal, retail therapy, and game stands to name just a few. A lot of parks like Alton give away free Wifi so you can use your gadgets too.

This way the rules could be relaxed a little with regards to how many are in your group, I think 1-2 carers is unfair if you are genuinely with family.
Lexie

Agree with Chris on this. I like the ride access pass at AT with the queue times, as I can go sit down instead of passing out in a queue, but still wait the same amount of time. It does create a bit of a problem at Forbidden Valley though, where there is very little to do, the three rides listed on the pass often have massive waiting times and it's also lacking in places to sit and wait. I, for one, would really appreciate somewhere with hot drinks, sheltered properly from the weather, be it rain or sun.
Owen

Should we have a disabled persons opinion?
Yes, lets have MY opinion.
I feel it is disgusting that the rich pay to beat the queues, although I wouldn't mind I would think the person who was hire me was a bit of a...(let's leave this word out) !
And actually the weird thing is,with the system of waiting similar amounts of time, I get on loads more rides than the average guest!
So I feel it's wrong and disrespectful but smart.
Tom.B

I'm not just aiming this at Disney Land, but anywhere: Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the fast tracks, even if you do buy the most expensive one!

Honestly, the lengths some people will go to, tsk. :evil: