Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Uncle_Adolph

I heard from some staff that the track for Project Stealth is going to be sent to Thorpe sometime around the middle of the Summer Holidays.

May be total rubbish, but I only overheard them.

-Ben
buggy

that could be good.. less chance off it being behind schedule :)
Adz
Admin
Admin

Was talking to an engineer who said construction will start in around june.
Anonymous

based on the applications, the ride, "Project Stealth", will be 65m high and will be themed to Daytona racing. "Project Stealth" is a "Rocket" 'Coaster, meaning that it will be launched out of the station. The train will go at over 70mph. The racing -themed train will then take riders about 200ft into the air, over a "top hat" element and back down to earth. It is where you pull out of the bottom of the top hat element that you will have the most speed on this ride. The train will then go through an airtime hill (which gives a great feeling of weightlessness) before winding back to the station.
Seems pretty much the same, except better! Bit of a rip-off though, with the racing theme aswell, it seems all they've done is copied rita and improved it
Taken from http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/
Jonnyboy

Almost as if their in the same group, and it was designed and created by the same teams and consultants, eh? :?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Also may i point out. Project Stealth was planned long before Rita.

So if anythings the rip off, its Rita...

And thats ancient news anyway.

Plans and stuff are on my site.

Http://www.themeparkoverload.co.uk/thor ... e/stealth/
Jimbo

I think that it sounds good that Thorpe are going to get a rocket coaster this size.
Bit of a rip-off though, with the racing theme
I agree with that. I think that with these rocket coasters racing themes seem to be the easy answer of themeing. Although, hopefully Thorpe can pull it off and it'llbe a great ride with great themeing.
altontowerskid

This Topic should be called:

Alton towers version of "Project Steath" :) :) :) :) :)
Chris J

Pfft, everyone knows Stealth was planned a long time before Rita was. The theming will be different to Rita though, it's the Amity Cove theme so it will be 50's Daytona Racing style and run-down buildings.
Squiggles

Just to point out that while Rita is a rip off of Stealth, Stealth is also a rip off... Top Thrill Dragster anyone.

I'm sure Tussauds could have come up with a better idea then racing dragsters. (considering neither ride will atually be racing) :bored:
Edwardo..... move me!
Anonymous

Well I dont, never been interested in thorpe park for some reason, but Ive got an annual pass now so Im going next week...

I dont understand why ALton towers built rita then, obviously they knew about 'project stealth' as they are part of the same company
:?:
project?

[quote=""Squiggles""]Just to point out that while Rita is a rip off of Stealth, Stealth is also a rip off... Top Thrill Dragster anyone.[/quote]

it has a airtime hill after the drop http://projectstealth.thorpeparkmania.c ... ages/7.jpg
ware as Top Thrill Dragster has nothing http://www.rcdb.com/ig1896.htm?picture=24

Kingda Ka coped Stealth http://www.rcdb.com/documentresult.htm? ... 6&oneway=0
as the medium term devopment plan stated their would be a rocket coaster when the plans were submitted in 2003
Anonymous

Purlease Kingda Ka did not copy Stealth, and besides is superior than it in every way.

That same can be said about Rita. Stealth is just gonna crap ALL OVER Rita, people will be laughing at her 2006 and Thorpe will be the superior park untill Alton's next coaster.

Lewis
Phil

Ok, they are both hydraulic coasters but since stealth is a strata, i don't think we can compare them that much. Rita has a more powerful launch and a compeltely different layout.
jpecool

[quote=""bone shaker in black hole""][quote=""Squiggles""]Just to point out that while Rita is a rip off of Stealth, Stealth is also a rip off... Top Thrill Dragster anyone.[/quote]

it has a airtime hill after the drop http://projectstealth.thorpeparkmania.c ... ages/7.jpg
ware as Top Thrill Dragster has nothing http://www.rcdb.com/ig1896.htm?picture=24

Kingda Ka coped Stealth http://www.rcdb.com/documentresult.htm? ... 6&oneway=0
as the medium term devopment plan stated their would be a rocket coaster when the plans were submitted in 2003[/quote]

^^ He was talking themeing wise. They are all being themed around some type of racing, and TTD was the first to do that. I like the Xcelerator themeing most. Its themed to the 80s and hod rods and everything. Its wicked. :D

Its kind of ignorant that everyone is saying stealth copied rita, or Kingda Ka copied stealth. Stealth and Kingda Ka are just standard Intamin rocket coaster designs that both parks have purchased just at different scales. Neither have copied each other, if you said this was copying each other, man lots of parks have ripped off "Top Gun" at Paramounts CW!!!!!! This was one of the first Vekoma standard SLC's.

Sorry for seeming like im gavign a go at some people, im not, its just people ought to get facts right before slating other coasters.

[quote=""Phil""]Ok, they are both hydraulic coasters but since stealth is a strata, i don't think we can compare them that much. Rita has a more powerful launch and a compeltely different layout.[/quote]

Does Stealth count as a strata coaster???? I didnt think it did, but it might do, Intamin rocket heights and stuff might be different to the other coasters. But i thought it was like this

Mega Coasters - Between 45 metres and 91 metres
Giga Coasters - 92 metres to around 400 foot
Strata coasters - Over 400 foot

^^I think i have got them wrong though :tongue: :lol:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Anonymous

[quote=""Phil""]Ok, they are both hydraulic coasters but since stealth is a strata, i don't think we can compare them that much. Rita has a more powerful launch and a compeltely different layout.[/quote]

O come on the public are gonna totally compare them. They're both launch's and that's enough for the GP to get at.

And how is Rita have a more powerful launch. I am under the assumption the top hat and launch are all the same as Xcellorator, which does 0 to 86mph in the same 2.5 secs as Rita does.

I don't see how they have the nerve to name Rita the "Queen of Speed" when a year later they plan to open a much faster one. To me it's kind of the same as N:I apart from this tike Thorpe have the upper hand, and by a much bigger shot :!: :!: :!:

And you say diffrent layout. Yes this is true but really Rita doesn't have anything over Stealth. Rita = some measily little air time hill, Stealth = A top hat. No comparison needed, Stealth is unltimatley the winner.

The one this Rita has over Stealth is the first turn IMO. Apart from that Stealth takes the upper.... upper upper and more upper hand (obviously with a top hat, Upper! 8-[ . No:?:, OK :P )

Lewis... :box:
Rita 2005

[quote=""Xx King of Speed xX""]Stealth is just gonna crap ALL OVER Rita, people will be laughing at her 2006 and Thorpe will be the superior park untill Alton's next coaster.[/quote] :lol: .
Queen of Speed

Even though it says 0 - 80 in 4 seconds, I reckon this is just a mistake. It looks like that poster was quite quickly done, and someone probably made a cock-up with regards to the acceleration time.
Anonymous

Or hows about it goes 0-80 in 4 seconds?
They're not dumb, if it says that then its very unlikely that its not that, I think that people would doublecheck these things.
Anonymous

[quote=""Rita 2005""][quote=""Xx King of Speed xX""]Stealth is just gonna crap ALL OVER Rita, people will be laughing at her 2006 and Thorpe will be the superior park untill Alton's next coaster.[/quote] :lol: .[/quote]

I believe in the TTF member guidelines it say's any post's with just a word or smiley will be deleted. Mods :?:

Rory-TTF - Please leave modding to the mods, unless you add a small friendly comment to the bottom of a valuble post, all youve done here is add a unneccessary comment to this topic. Please Rota 2005 follow the guidelines, but becuase he is a respected poster and this is the first offense i have seen from him, i wont take further action, watch the guidelines guys as Jemain.e has pointed out