Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Rockstar

£15 And I Think So Haven't Seen It On Any Other Visits :/
stealthsmiler

I would love to go on stealth when theres a roll back, its much more than 2 for the price of 1 queue, as you get the backwards drop which you don't get normally, so I think it would be amazing. Wish they could have special events where they make Stealth do only roll backs.
awsomelycoolboy

Just checked the website, "Back 2 Front" costs £15, but,it only includes Swarm. Is it 2 Fastracks for Swarm but one front row and other back row? Also you can buy Fastrack on their own from £3-£5 and Fastrack for Saw is £5 but Fastrack for Saw and front row is £5.50. For that sake of Fastrack and Fastrack with front row, I would pay the extra 50p for front row!
Rockstar

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Just checked the website, "Back 2 Front" costs £15, but,it only includes Swarm. Is it 2 Fastracks for Swarm but one front row and other back row? Also you can buy Fastrack on their own from £3-£5 and Fastrack for Saw is £5 but Fastrack for Saw and front row is £5.50. For that sake of Fastrack and Fastrack with front row, I would pay the extra 50p for front row!
Yea I Saw The Website Saying That But Last Years Fright Nights Were Saw,Stealth And Swarm For It
Dom

Has Stealth had a roll back recently?
Rockstar

Pizzazz wrote:Has Stealth had a roll back recently?
I Don't Think It Has This Year Yet
Rollermad

I imagine it happens more than once a week, it's not something major that people say about. Also when they happen there's only a very small chance someone will report it on here.
awsomelycoolboy

I just started this topic to see if anyone has experienced on/ seen on, in all my time I go to thorpe park I have only seen 1. And the thing was, it was raining, I think that plays a big role. Because when the train was launched it was very squeaky which shows that the train it's just sliding along the track and the wheels aren't spinning, you get it a lot on the smiler, when it squeaks the wheels are rubbing along the track, not rolling.
Burniel

I have never seen a rollback and I go quite a lot.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
ThrillJunkie

I have witnessed a roll back but have never experienced one.

It was on Stealth's opening weekend (a Saturday I believe). The roll back is pretty well managed / designed. Once a roll back occurs the train decelerates quickly but smoothly and the train stops just in front of the station. The train was quickly bought back into the station and everyone was evacuated from the ride and station area. They may have even emptied and closed the queue line. This happened quite late in the day and to my knowledge Stealth didn't reopen that day but I do remember hearing reports that they got it open for the next day.

As far as I'm aware Stealth never rolls back these days (not since the upgrades a few years back) although it does seem to fail to launch quite regularly. I know this happened during this years preview event.
ThrillJunkieUK
Jared

Roll-backs don't happen much anymore.

Roll backs are caused by the winch not being able to accumulate enough power, which in turn means the train is launched at less than full speed. This generally occurs on very cold days due to the way the system is set up.

Thorpe Park have done a lot of work on the launch system to help prevent roll-backs, so it's quite a rare occurrence now. I've enjoyed 8 roll-backs to date. :)
awsomelycoolboy

On ride, or saw 8 roll-backs? I have only seen 1, that was whilst I was queuing
Alex

As Jared described it as enjoyed, he will have been on the ride when it happened ;)
Adam.W

Why make it roll back though? Why not forward?
Liam.W

Adam.W wrote:Why make it roll back though? Why not forward?
It can do either. It depends where most of the weight is on the train.
For example if it stops right in the centre at the top and there were loads of heavy people in the front cars, it would go forward. If loads of heavy people were at the back it would roll back.

Hope this helps
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

timmy1372

Does anybody else think it's really cool that you can see stealth from the motorway m3/m25? Knowing what this countrys like I was still surprised they got the go ahead for it, I would think quite a few organisations and groups had to give there consent, I just love being able to see it when I'm passing which is fairly often, it's a slight discration when I really should be concentrating on the road more lol, that said in an ideal world all motorway junctions should have a rollercoaster stuck in the middle, it's especially good when you spot it in action!
Dom

I love seeing Stealth from that junction. I have to travel up the M3 when I go by car so it's always an awesome sight
Morgan

I remember last year I was going on a school trip via the M3. I had never been to Thorpe Park at that point, so it was awesome that you could see right into the park, unlike Alton Towers. Also, when I go to Chessington, it's a bit of a game to see who spots Stealth first [emoji38]
timmy1372

I wonder how many "normal people" spot it from the motorway and what they think? I suppose it's reasonably obvious it's a rollercoaster! Probably a good advert for the park. Do they think it's an eyesore? I personally think wind turbines on a skyline look good, but a rollercoaster is much better!

I can imagine people commenting, "that's a rollercoaster? You wouldn't catch me on that!"
iamradam
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

I'd been on a rollback once a good few years ago (6/7 years ago maybe). It was the weirdest thing but really exhilarating. I was on second row and actually peeking over the edge and looking down, only to be pulled back up to the apex before being thrown back down backwards was surreal.
My sister was on third row with her friend, her friend was crying and left the ride, the rest of us took our second run haha. I wish I had the video footage from my dad's old phone but it was so long ago, not that I'd even be recognisable at that age!