Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Everyone seems to think that Rita - Queen Of Speed and Stealth will be the same just because they are launched coasters. Thats like saying all roller coasters with a lift hill are the same.. Its dumb!
Queen of Speed

Hang on a minute, Thunder River was built before Congo River Rapids, and was rethemed into Ribena Rumba Rapids before Ribena Berry Bish Bash was opened! ALTON COPIED THORPE NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm never visiting alton again because of this.
Williscroft

OMG dont start this again, Alton coped thorpe, thorpe copyed Alton. No one coped any one as there owned by the same company. spin_doctor, loads of theme parks have river rapids but that dosent mean they have copyed each other, if that was the case we would need to be inventing new rides every month so each park can open a unique ride each year. Just be greatfull were getting two launch coasters to the UK :D
Lightwater valley rules

3 actually theres velocity at flamingoland too. :D
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
Adz
Admin
Admin

http://www.themeparkoverload.co.uk/feat ... /index.php

New plans...

Um, spot the similarity.
TenZero

Its like an exact copy of rita's themeing down to the foghorn speaker things to the tyre entrance
fitchy

thorpe your mad be unique for once please
phillipvass

I really don't understand why Thorpe didn't just go the whole hog and build the worlds biggest coaster, especially with that very un-original design :roll:
doom+sons1988

By the way what restrictions does Thorpe have anyway ?

It would be cool if Thorpe made it bigger than Kinga Ka and a longer section afterwards (not just a bunnyhop) also I don't like the idea of using the same theme of Rita for Stealth what about making look like a air base.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
bond231

EDIT: just read they are only aloud to go to something like 115ft but only got a 200ft becuase it only goes up atone point or something like that, but they can't go underground becuase of the low water table
Beaver Dude

It would be cool if Thorpe made it bigger than Kinga Ka and a longer section afterwards (not just a bunnyhop) also I don't like the idea of using the same theme of Rita for Stealth what about making look like a air base.
Thorpe can't build anything any where near the height of KKa. Plus although this theme is unoriginal an air base would suck and wouldn't fit in to Amity. I also don't go into theme parks to be reminded of war.[/quote]
bond231

but rita wasn't original either rita's themeing is exatly the same as many other launch coasters. there isn't much you can do with the thememing of them,
buggy

So what trains do you think stealth will be using? The dragster type from TPD, the ugly ones from kinda ka? or the kind of retro car type seen on rita and xcelerator?

Maybe a new theme for stealths trains?

I think they will get either the same as TPD, or the same trains as rita. I cant see them getting the same trains as kinda ka, cause they don't have much racing themeing.
Rita 2005

They will be identical to Rita's, though Stealth is rumoured to have three trains available for the ride (but only 2 in use on any given day with the other in maintainance to be used as a spare if one or both of the other trains develop problems).
Anonymous

Well i bet the restraints will be the same as the other Intamin launches made this year... OTSR's like on KK & Rita
jpecool

Hmmm i dont like the idea of the trains being the same. Its pretty stupid if you ask me. :x

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Anonymous

The construction of stealth appears to entering the exciting phase now - with the footers having been poured and 'bits of metal' (that's a technical term!) arriving on site.

clicky

Reminds me of late October last year when dear old Rita was at the same stage. Whatever thoughts we might have about the lack of originality of stealth - I still believe it will be a damn fine coaster and its always great fun watching them being built.

Thorpe Park Insider looks like it'll be good for construction pics...
bond231

yay sounds cool. i hope this one is really reliable and its close to me yay!
Anonymous

I object to then adding Stealth, at least right now!

OK, Rita is a kick ass ride, but be honest when I ask you the public will laugh at it's sight when compared to Stealth won't they. I personally will enjoy rita better, but the general public are all about hight and that's what Stealth has! It's eye candy and first impressiond add to ride expierience totally!!!

Alton are going to be the novelty park on the county. It's like the Nemesis, N:I affair but in Thorpe's favour, and much more in their favour than Nemmy was Alton's!!!

I don't understand why they want so much bad publicity to Alton right after their new ride!WHAT ARE YOU DOING TUSSAUDS :shock:

:firebounce:
Dagan

[quote=""Mooky""]It's going to be called Rita: Queen of Height.

:twisted:[/quote]

Aye, the pure lazyness of some of these so-called designers. Ah well.. at least it promotes a brand ;)