Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Wes

Personaly, I think it makes TP look as those it is a wanna-be theme park.

I think this because ... if someone from the GP who has been to AT this year and ridden on Neme, Air, Oblivion and Rita they would enjoy it I bet!

Then goes to TP next year and rides their rollercoasters Colosus (sp) Nemesis Inferno and Stealth!

Personaly I would think that TP is copying AT because of the same type of coaster being Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno and Rita and Project Stealth!

But obviously I would this the opposite if I went to TP fist ... But I could tell from the colour and age! :lol:
Williscroft

OMG no ones copying any one, thorpe and Alton are owned by the same comany so neither is copying, yes theme parks are having very simular rides at the moment but there not copying, look at the lanch coasters we have now, none of them are exactly the same. Yes people will compair Rita and stealth because they both launch but the GP know a good ride just like we do. They will notice air time and probably like it as my friends who dont know what air time is all metion things to me after coming off rides and i know what they mean (air time) they feel what we feel. Just because stealth is taller and faster dosent mean the GP are going to say well Ritas a load of crap. Both rides will be different experiences and both will be a hit :D
Anonymous

Loosely similar! Why have they got to be compared in such a 'such-and-such will be better than so-and-so'?

They're both Intamin, and they both are launched coasters. End of similarities? From what I can see, Stealth is going to be a completely different coaster/ride experience to Rita, and not only that - Stealth is meant to become Thorpe's showpiece (a la Nemesis for AT), while Rita, while I disagree is merely a 'filler' ride - is a coaster perhaps not (and not meant to be) of the same calibre as the 3 SWs.

Yes, Stealth will go, what 10-20mph faster, but its acceleration won't be as fast as Rita's. And the tophat feature will be impressive...but it won't be much higher than Oblivion's drop (180ft). Don't be expecting a TTD/Kingda Ka.

You can't say they're copying each other with themes, not only is racing the most obvious theme for launches, it's been used all over the world. TP and AT are in the same group, so its not an issue...

:twisted: :P
themadman26

TP and AT are in the same group, so its not an issue...
|Couldn't agree more
( quite long topic to read through though ) :twisted:
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
Anonymous

I disagree.

Yes they are run by Tussauds, but then are effectivly run by different management. Tussauds give them money to invest and so on, and play a very little role in the managent of the park.
So the seperate managment's are going to strive in making their park better. Therefore yes... there is rivalry between Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and others run by Tuassauds.

Lewis...
Satch

Both parks are owned by Tussauds, yes, but they are being managed to be in direct competition with each other, to maximise profitability for both parks. But they are not copying each other with an Intamin Rocket. Stealth was in planning way before Rita was ever conceived, or "offered" to AT.
iridium

They're not dumb, if it says that then its very unlikely that its not that, I think that people would doublecheck these things.
You think? There are loads of posters and such around the park with spelling mistakes.

Just like the spelling mistakes on the ride boards at Alton Towers. There were people to doublecheck those?
Anonymous

[quote=""Muggins""]Personaly, I think it makes TP look as those it is a wanna-be theme park.
I think this because ... if someone from the GP who has been to AT this year and ridden on Neme, Air, Oblivion and Rita they would enjoy it I bet!

Then goes to TP next year and rides their rollercoasters Colosus (sp) Nemesis Inferno and Stealth!

Personaly I would think that TP is copying AT because of the same type of coaster being Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno and Rita and Project Stealth!

But obviously I would this the opposite if I went to TP fist ... But I could tell from the colour and age! :lol:[/quote]

Oh right. I love how people forget how theme parks are more than just the coasters. Stealth is just better, even if it is a mediocre design, I doubt anyone on any UK enthusiast forum will come off saying, "oh its 2.3 seconds slower then Xcellerator, it sucks"
jpecool

I doubt anyone on any UK enthusiast forum will come off saying, "oh its 2.3 seconds slower then Xcellerator, it sucks"
Im gonna do that now just to annoy people :lol: :lol: :lol: Even though it wont suck.

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Phil

The GP will see no resemblance between the two coasters apart from they both launch, fast! This nonsense of TP copying AT is pathetic, for reasons with have already been said (by satch).
Mikey

It's going to be called Rita: Queen of Height.

:twisted:
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Anonymous

Who gives a flying **** if the GP think they are similiar...what do they know :shock: at the end of the day what other people think shouldent matter (its you who can only judge if you enjoy it or not - if you do then great, if you dont then tough) most remarks GP come out with are not valid arguaments anyway ''ooh i fink tha ride is crap..didnt even scare me'' is just typical of what some of them say, whys everybody have to get there knickers in a twist, Like loads of people have been saying... The only things they have in common are speed and Both being intamin. Why not just be gratefull that in the Uk we will soon have two different experiences both being top class rides. :D Designed for YOUR enjoyment. Sometimes i think some of these discussions get so petty...Would you rather TP not having one at all just because you think they are copying AT. They are different themeparks in different locations, who says you cant just enjoy both :roll:
Satch

Well said Matt. Cant people enjoy both? But then, if people enjoyed themselves in Thorpe Park, Thorpe would be accussed of copying Alton Towers who made people enjoy themselves first...
Dave

i dont see how the two rides can be compared....

they are totaly different to eachother, from what i can tell project stelth is a scaled down replical of TTD, where as Rita is a totaly different ride, rita actualy responds to the site, moving round trees, twisting round itself. more like a real race course as oposed to TTD/Stelth which is a boreing round circuit.

obviosely i dont know. but personaly i think trying to say one ripped off the other is a pointless argument. but if you wanna get like that.... all im gonna say is nemisis inferno :?
Bleed

RITA is a superb ride and regardless of whether stealth does prove to be "better" people will still come off RITA with a real buzz :twisted: so it won't ruin the experience just because there's another similar design in the country.

I can't understand why people are arguing!!! :roll:
RITA is Awesome!!!
Williscroft

I know some people take it way to far. You dont here people saying " that parks copied that one because they also have an enterprise etc". If we were like that some people would miss out. Like me, theres no way ill be going to thorpe for a few years yet as its just to far away. If Rita never came i wouldnt have been able to go on a launch coaster for years. Its the same for people down london,they might not be able to get up to Alton Towers so they will have Stealth. Bleed, i totaly agree, just because Steath is faster and higher people are still going to call Rita as a top class ride and realy enjoy it. Just because Kinda ka has been built people arnt going to get board of TTD and its the same here. :D
Ian

Personally I don't see how anyone could possibly compare the two seen as though Stealth hasn't even been built yet!
themeparkdude

Well rita is still good. It does varoius airtime hills. It is still fast. But I don't think it will beat Stealth.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

themadman26

Ian wrote
Personally I don't see how anyone could possibly compare the two seen as though Stealth hasn't even been built yet!
couldn't agree more
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
spin_doctor

IMO i think that RITA is unique and much better than any coaster that is built in comparison to it.

At least alton towers goes its own way about thing custom designing each and every ride it builds. Putting a tophat is the easy way out when desighing a ride. Come on, all they've done is look how popular TTD is and copied the basic layout. Its thorpe park which continuously copy alton towers.

Oh Nemesis was so succesful lets build another but call it nemesis inferno! :? They went and built ribena rumba rapids which is just the river rapids with the ribena berry bish bash theme :?

At least every ride in alton towers is unique :P And dont forget aton towers could flow thorpe park if height wasnt an option