Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

[quote=""Burn.e""]Alton are going to be the novelty park on the county. It's like the Nemesis, N]

I totally see your point Burn.e, but I don't think Stealth will negatively affect Rita at all. The only thing they have in common is a launch, and on that (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but 0-60 in 2.5 seconds vs 0-80 in 4 seconds tips the launch power firmly in Rita's direction.

I think some people have been a bit hard on Stealth - in the same way Rita got a lot of negative comments early on in here too. At the end of the day - irrespective of what else exists - it'll be a terrific coaster.

Rita will feel faster as she's nearer to the ground (Nemmie anyone?) and makes you dizzy with fast direction changes - Stealth (the more straightforward but sinister one) will give you a vertical up and down experience that Rita can't give. I personally am thankful for being able to experience both!
Anonymous

I think the fact that Stealth has height and Rita doesn't will make them appear two different coasters to people. It's the theme that probably lets them down.

People won't compare. They'll see two completely different coasters. Stealth has height, a very impressive looking top-hat feature, Rita doesn't. They both launch, so what, as Williscroft said, there are dozens of ride types that feature heavily throughout the UK and the world. They're going to look totally different coasters.

Although in my mind, Stealth will be enjoyable...but change the way we look at coasters? Not the enthusiasts, certainly, the media might cover it extensively, but it's not going to exactly be the best of the launches, is it? Coaster technology has progressed so much during the last decade, the coasters that came out in 1994 (mainly Nemesis, the Big One and Shockwave) all had that something that appealed to the public that had never been seen in the UK. Stealth doesn't really have that, in terms of height or speed, or even visual impact.

It looks like it's going to be great, don't get me wrong, and it's great something like this is coming to the UK. But perhaps we should steer away from the comparisons.

I've come to think it's such a shame that new coasters are dogged down in the planning/construction/opening stages by comparisons to another coaster - not judged on its own merits. Sure, compare to Rita, KK, TTD, Xcellerator to help form an argument, but don't BASE it on the comparisons. They're going to offer different ride experiences and they're in different locations.

:twisted: :P
iridium

I personally will enjoy rita better
Erm, how do you know??

Oh of course, because its at Alton Towers!
evil cod

I think if the news is true about it having identical trains to rita they have gone and shot themselves in the foot there. I carnt Imaginge people would of compared the 2 really as they are soo different, but with the themeing and cars being the same comparrisons are inevitable!
You dont see many people comparing Flamingolands new Velocity to Rita even though Rita probably has more in layout terms in common with Velocity than Stealth and whys that??? One your in a car one your on a motorbike!! Very different looking trains so comparrisons are not made!

(Ok I understand the comparrisons arnt made on her because they are completley different manufacs and ride models but this means sqat to most park going people! and most people I have shown drawings/photos of the rides to have compared rita and stealth but not with velocity, because of the themeing and car styles)
Anonymous

That same can be said about Rita. Stealth is just gonna crap ALL OVER Rita, people will be laughing at her 2006 and Thorpe will be the superior park untill Alton's next coaster.
Please grow up. Nobody is going to be laughing at anything, and how can Thorpe be superior to Alton Towers have you been to both? One ride does not make a park superior!
Cjw

Although in my mind, Stealth will be enjoyable...but change the way we look at coasters?
I wouldn't say there were any major coasters that have done that since air in 2002. Rita, spinball, colossus and inferno don't fit that mark at all.
Anonymous

No, there was nothing innovative about them at all! The Big One was the tallest in Europe at the time, Nemesis was the first time we'd seen an inverted coaster this side of the pond and likewise with Shockwave being a stand-up!

Nevertheless, it will become TP's landmark ride. Maybe I'll change my mind when I've been on it, but I think a baby version of TTD/Kingda Ka with a similar theme as a new (not OVERLY hyped) coaster at Alton Towers, will NOT be a better landmark coaster than Nemesis is for AT. I know the comparisons are getting silly now, but these are the reasons why I doubt Stealth will have any impact on how we look at coasters, and how TP will not become better than AT just because of this ride. 3 big (non-innovative - if that's the word) coasters, compared to AT's three innovative coasters AND the 'filler' (I disagree with that however) launch coaster that everyone's comparing Stealth to.

Anyway, as I said, I'm making too many comparisons and I don't like it, as I said in my above post, I wish the main topic for discussing Stealth was one where its own merits are considered! :)

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

The track should be arriving in July to be put up late august, however the good weather that we've been having recently has put Stealth ahead of schedule so track may go up sooner.

Oh im told those 'bits of metal' are the formers for the concrete foundation. I got a quick email from Thorpes head of development after calling them bits of metal.
jpecool

Yeah they are. I remember resolving that fact with someone when Rita was being built. :lol: This wont be as exciting as the rita construction, as when that was ebing built non of us knew what was exactly happening, where as this we know everything about the layout etc. But it will still be very exciting to see it go up, and to see how tall it looks etc. :D YAY cant wait till the track arrives. Then the fun part of construction begins, watching the monster rise!!!! :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Tom M

Adz website is doing loads of info about Stealth's construction, check it out HERE!

It will be down until friday so check it out then!
Philman

Is that why its down at the moment, because he has been uploading lots of Stealth stuff?
What a fad.
Tom M

No, it was down because he had gone over his bandwidth limit, It is back up now anyway!
Anonymous

http://stealth.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/construction/ - new adverts are up for stealth with corrected information on the launch
Anonymous

[quote=""Simps100""]http://stealth.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/construction/ - new adverts are up for stealth with corrected information on the launch[/quote]

Yes - looks like it'll be better than first thought - 0-80 in 2.5 seconds, rather than the previously stated 4 seconds...

Also, Thorpe have added a Stealth page to their site...

Clicky

I'm getting myself over the Kiddie Ka/not-so-Top Thrill Dragster thing. Looks like it'll be a brilliant ride..
Chris
Admin
Admin

Station looks just like Rita's.
Last edited by Chris on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashhew1985

i dont think tarins that look like rita's would look good going up 205' 1"
Last edited by ashhew1985 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhole R.I.P
Philman

70 foot? Its 200 foot....

Phil
What a fad.
Sazzle

Please use this topic for all Stealth discussion.

Thanks,
Sarah
Anonymous

[quote=""marky.com""][quote=""Simps100""]http://stealth.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/construction/ - new adverts are up for stealth with corrected information on the launch[/quote]

Yes - looks like it'll be better than first thought - 0-80 in 2.5 seconds, rather than the previously stated 4 seconds...

Also, Thorpe have added a Stealth page to their site...

Clicky

I'm getting myself over the Kiddie Ka/not-so-Top Thrill Dragster thing. Looks like it'll be a brilliant ride..[/quote]

But that is all it is, a pint sized Kingda Ka. The most unoriginal ride concpet they could of possibly come up with.

To think this is there big shot to make an amazing, ground-breaking ride in which will be there main attration... Very disappointing.

:firebounce:
Anonymous

www.thorpepark.co.uk have the best coverage

it's actually:
80mph/2.5 Sec
205ft