Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dan says hi

Stealth seems to have been closed for about 3 or 4 days now and looks like it will be closed again today. Thorpe haven’t made any announcement to say it will be closed so does anyone know what’s up with it?
Swarm Chris

Dan says hi wrote:Stealth seems to have been closed for about 3 or 4 days now and looks like it will be closed again today. Thorpe haven’t made any announcement to say it will be closed so does anyone know what’s up with it?
Typically Stealth will have it's launch cable changed mid-season, which can take a few days, so it could be that. 

It has had several closed days this season for maintenance, but I suspect this is simply regular maintenance items coming up rather than any more pressing issue. With it being the most maintenance heavy ride at the Resort, it sadly has a fair few routine maintenance items that can come up during the year.
james3906

Not sure whats happening with Stealth with it being closed for over 10 days now? Not sure,

Saw a cherry picker inside the generator/launch building today from the Rumba Rapids bridge, I have a photo however its not of the best quality. Wonder whats happening unless its just the cable change?

Last edited by DeadJack5 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged Double Post
Swarm Chris

Progress is more visible on Stealth. A train was on the track today, sat just before the station, with engineering and managers present at the station at one point.

I'm sure I heard the distinctive Stealth hiss a couple of times, but at no point did I see the train be brought forward into the station or the magnetic brakes lowered.
Dan

After weeks of closure, Stealth re-opened on Sunday.

I’m gutted I’m unlikely to get back down to Thorpe to ride it again this season, it was sorely missed during my visit in mid-August.
wamdue

What is the state of play on Stealth? The last time I went (a couple of years ago) it was closed, and that didn't make me happy, is it now going to be open for the rest of the season?
Swarm Chris

wamdue wrote:what is the state of play on Stealth, the last time I went (a couple of years ago) it was closed, and that didnt make me happy, is it now going to be open for the rest of the season?
Stealth has just undergone a fairly extensive set of maintenance, and appears to be back in operation with good reliability.

Day-to-day issues such as weather, in particular wind, will cause it to cease operation temporarily.
wamdue

Swarm Chris wrote:
wamdue wrote:what is the state of play on Stealth, the last time I went (a couple of years ago) it was closed, and that didnt make me happy, is it now going to be open for the rest of the season?
Stealth has just undergone a fairly extensive set of maintenance, and appears to be back in operation with good reliability.

Day-to-day issues such as weather, in particular wind, will cause it to cease operation temporarily.
It might be too late in the season for me to go now, will have to look into it. Plus I dont want any of that "Love Island" rubbish, I’m not going into the park on one of those days.
Swarm Chris

wamdue wrote:It might be too late in the season for me to go now, will have to look into it. Plus I dont want any of that "Love Island" rubbish, I’m not going into the park on one of those days.
The Resort have no Love Island branded events this year.
wamdue

Swarm Chris wrote:
wamdue wrote:It might be too late in the season for me to go now, will have to look into it. Plus I dont want any of that "Love Island" rubbish, I’m not going into the park on one of those days.
The Resort have no Love Island branded events this year.
I’m not gonna lie, I lost touch with their social media when it started blabbering on about Love Island. That stuff isn't allowed on my timeline.
Swarm Chris

So Stealth now hurtles into the station. Not sure whether they fixed the braking/drive tyre mechanism at the end of the ride during its downtime, but it's certainly better than the occasionally so slow to enter you wonder if it will, issue it had previously.
Htjc_

Hey, everyone!

Been a while since I was last active on the forum but I was just wondering about something. Does anybody happen to know the tracklist for Stealth or the Amity area be it partial or full? Closed season blues are setting in and I love the soundtrack and theme for that area. Much appreciated, Henry.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Swarm Chris

There is a Spotify playlist that I believe has the originally intended track listing, although I seem to remember it contains a lot of things that have either been removed or just never get played.

There's also the following that contains a reasonable number of the tracks used.
Htjc_

Ah, brilliant. Thank you
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!