Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

I've still got a feeling it might be 'Scream', although I would prefer 'Stealth' (even though it doesn't fit in with the amity theme) - I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Now the exciting part of the construction is beginning, I'm looking forward to watching it and hopefully Tussauds will continue with these quirky little jokes...

Maybe they'll call it 'Mildred: Queen of Height and, er.. Speed'...

;-)
Anonymous

Can I just say, Firestone are company involved in cars, and I severely doubt the name will be that!
timmy1372

[quote=""Bantamboy""]Can I just say, Firestone are company involved in cars, and I severely doubt the name will be that![/quote]

They could use the name Firestone, it would be an advertising money making scheme for Thorpe too and we know how tussauds like sponsored rides.

I think they should call it Vertex
jpecool

I think they should call it something decent. :roll:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Mikey

The ride needs to be called Burnout - it suits the theme and type of coaster perfectly i think :)
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
timmy1372

5 entries found for VERTEX.

ver·tex ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vûrtks)
n. pl. ver·ti·ces (-t-sz) also ver·tex·es
The highest point; the apex or summit: the vertex of a mountain.
Anatomy.
The highest point of the skull.
The top of the head.
Astronomy. The highest point reached in the apparent motion of a celestial body.
Mathematics.
The point at which the sides of an angle intersect.
The point on a triangle or pyramid opposite to and farthest away from its base.
A point on a polyhedron common to three or more sides.
Adz
Admin
Admin

But considering theres a ride called Vortex sitting about 300ft away...

Would cause some confusion.
Tom M

Good point there Adz, but it is a good name looking at what it means.
timmy1372

Its a fair point they are fairly similar names, could get some cross promotion going though, Vortex is a cracking ride, could have a slogan

You have experienced the twisting forces of Vortex, can you now survive the speed and height of a our new Icon rollercoaster Vertex.

Then put the Dictionary definition underneath, its got some good meanings too with some weird head ones thrown in.

I figure whatever they call it give it a few weeks and it will seem right and wont affect the the rides performance itself :wink:
haydn!

anyone know why the name the ride comeptition as been removed from the thorpe park site? i so wanted it to be called Humdinger :(
Adz
Admin
Admin

Yes, it was a joke.
haydn!

yea, that was pretty obvious. it will still probably have a pants name though - in true tussuards tradition of late.
timmy1372

I dont mind Rush or Slammer as names, Slammer is especially good, it fits the ride perfectly, The name Rush whilst not great is not awfull either :lol:

I'm more interested in the ride than the name, imagine the Tidal Wave ride splashing in extreme fashion like it does with a 200ft Coaster towering behind it, I reckon from Amity cove that will be an amazing veiw and make Thorpe look like its in the big league, I think Amity Cove as an area is Thorpes finest if not Tussauds as theming goes (with the huge wave created interacting with that area so well), Stealth can only improve this area and inparticular the view from where the wave hits, plus the view from outside the entrance :D
Anonymous

I dont want a name which makes it go out to be mighty, remember Air? Suited the ride perfectly and managed to keep this soft feel to it, and one big acceleration and a one biggish drop doesnt scream out whiteknuckle, they didnt go out for it with rita and that themes come off great, however from what I've seen we're probably goign to get some cheesy american 'mighty' name,

hotrod or similiar is my prediction,
my hope is something simple, unfortunately rush is now taken :lol:, something similiar to that would be fine, though going on names like colossus, slammer and samurai I think lookign at the plans 'hot-rod' or maybe even something as cheesy as 'lightning' will be on the cards.
Anonymous

[quote=""Bantamboy""] one big acceleration and a one biggish drop doesnt scream out whiteknuckle, [/quote]

0-80 in 2.5 seconds with a 200 foot vertical climb, followed by a 200 foot vertical drop, a large airtime (allegedly) hill and some pretty sharp brakes? I'd say that's white knuckle!

OK, maybe not as white knuckle as Kingda Ka - but still definitely in the pale pink to very pale pink knuckle category...

:wink:

You're right about the name though - I think something unique and not too descriptive/grand would be good. Like Stealth...

:D
timmy1372

Could just call it Stealth of course, suits me :D

Its not like project stealth has been very stealthy.
Anonymous

Very true there Timmy1372!!

Maybe 'Project Completelyoutintheopen' would have been a better codename...

:)
themeparkdude

Project Stealth Update on Thorpe Park Insider.

www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

haydn!

Where exactly? As far as i can see it hasnt been updated since the 6th August...
Anonymous

Project Stealth goes from 0-80 mph in 2.5 seconds and 0-205 ft in 8 seconds of course it will crap all over Rita.