Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Nemesis is only 50mph and 42 ft.

Pepsi Max is 74 mph and 213 ft.

In conclusion, statistics mean cr*p. Compare the two above, and you'll find Nemesis remains the best ride by a few universes although it is lacking is both speed and height compared to the latter.

:firebounce:
themeparkdude

[quote=""marky.com""]The construction of stealth appears to entering the exciting phase now - with the footers having been poured and 'bits of metal' (that's a technical term!) arriving on site.

clicky

Reminds me of late October last year when dear old Rita was at the same stage. Whatever thoughts we might have about the lack of originality of stealth - I still believe it will be a damn fine coaster and its always great fun watching them being built.

Thorpe Park Insider looks like it'll be good for construction pics...[/quote]

Yes it will be, we hope to have 2-3 updates a month on construction, allowing time for noticable things to happen. Expect the next constructin pictures, to be at the begging of September.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Anonymous

It annoy's me when people say Nemmy isn't as fast or as high, & it's one of the best.

Who says a coaster that reach 205ft/80mph/2.5secs still can't be amazing, a coaster is decided how good it is on how it feels, not by layout or otherwise. So we don't know, we can't just say it's crap cause it's just the same as KK, but smaller, when infact quite a few coaster have been cloned, & some even cloned to smaller sizes.
Anonymous

It's true, that's why I said it.

Height and Speed don't make a ride. When used nicely they can make a ride better, but who said the fastest a ride is the better. Plenty of rides are better than Kingda Ka!

Anonymous

BUT, some people may find the feel of being launched at high speeds gives them a great feeling.
Anonymous

Yes, but being faster than some other coasters does not mean it is ultimatley better. Statistic's mean nothing, it is the ride in itself.

Anonymous

.IF. Stealth was being built at Alton Towers, alot more people would be gloryfying it.
Anonymous

Nope.

I am non bias, and do not respect this ride for being a clone minus some feet and speed. I respect rides at Alton as they are all extremely unique, and Stealth is quite frankily taking the p*ss of that!

Nevertheless, it will be a good ride at Thorpe which happens to be an adorable Park. It this was built at Drayton I wouldn't think any less of it.

Anonymous

But you don't care about Drayton anymore.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to it loads, i hope it opens for the Thorpe opening, so i can go on it. I think it will go with Tidal Wave well, & Amity Cove needs another ride, & if the theming is as good as it is on Tidal Wave i can safely say the atmosphere (I don't like using that word though) will be fantastic.
Ian

While work progresses down south on this ride, theming is being prepared at Tussauds Studios : North

Hmm Rita anyone?!
Anonymous

I know!!!

What happen to the cool, flag like entrance I saw in some plans a while back. At least they were original!!!

Get your own damn ideas Thorpe :x

Queen of Speed

Get your own damn ideas Thorpe

1) The theming for the 2 rides has been designed by the SAME PERSON.

2) More theming is to be added to the tyre. Such as the large exhaust pipe.

3) Rita stole THORPE's design as it was a very rushed project and there wasn't enough time to come up with completly original designs.
Anonymous

1) Does that change the fact themeing has been changed from nice and original to practically the same. And who said that SAME PERSON couldn't have been more orginial with Project: Stealth.

2) OK, yep, so the large exhaust pipe makes all the difference. Since when did tyres have exhaust's on them anyway.

3) Um... think you'll find that Rita would have been planned just as long as Stealth. They just don't decide to publish there next 10 years :roll:. And the only thing the coasters really have in common in a launch, and apart from that they are very, very different.

All I'm saying is that Thorpe have an amazing coaster here and they need to completely smash anything on it that resembles Rita. It should be known for the great coaster it is, not "Rita plus a few hundred feet", because the coasters are completely different!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stokywolf

Not all the themings been completed. That funnel at the top of the picture, is that that coming out of the tire, i nearly mistook it for the building.

God someone is luvin Alton a bit too much. :lol:
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
themeparkdude

[quote=""Burn.e""]1) Does that change the fact themeing has been changed from nice and original to practically the same. And who said that SAME PERSON couldn't have been more orginial with Project: Stealth.

2) OK, yep, so the large exhaust pipe makes all the difference. Since when did tyres have exhaust's on them anyway.

3) Um... think you'll find that Rita would have been planned just as long as Stealth. They just don't decide to publish there next 10 years :roll:. And the only thing the coasters really have in common in a launch, and apart from that they are very, very different.

All I'm saying is that Thorpe have an amazing coaster here and they need to completely smash anything on it that resembles Rita. It should be known for the great coaster it is, not "Rita plus a few hundred feet", because the coasters are completely different!
[/quote]

Actually Rita was indeed like a last minute thing. Stealth was planned since early 2003! Rita they decided to build and plan during 2004.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Adz
Admin
Admin

3) Um... think you'll find that Rita would have been planned just as long as Stealth. They just don't decide to publish there next 10 years Rolling Eyes. And the only thing the coasters really have in common in a launch, and apart from that they are very, very different.

Rita was being planned around 2002-2003 then? - Rita was only thought of early last year/end of 2003 FACT.

Stealth has been planned long long in advance, the theming is the same because rita copied thorpe and was rushed so they didn't have enough time to come up with something unique. Thats it.
Queen of Speed

Does that change the fact themeing has been changed from nice and original to practically the same. And who said that SAME PERSON couldn't have been more orginial with Project: Stealth.
No, but why have a go specifically at Thorpe when it is Tussauds Studios.
OK, yep, so the large exhaust pipe makes all the difference. Since when did tyres have exhaust's on them anyway.
Since when did tyres have the silhouette of a woman on top of them?
Um... think you'll find that Rita would have been planned just as long as Stealth. They just don't decide to publish there next 10 years . And the only thing the coasters really have in common in a launch, and apart from that they are very, very different.
Incorrect. Rita was a very late project. Stealth has been in the planning for a lot longer. Rita used some modified versions of Stealth theming because there was not time to come up with completely original designs, and also the people who did TRRR admit that it isn't as good as it could have been as they didn't have enough time to create it.
Anonymous

You can't come up with a coaster concept, do all the paper work, ring up the constructer and get the coaster open all in less than 1 year, no way.

And besides, as far as Intamin launches go the coasters are absoloutley and completely totally different! In the way of coasters go, this isn't a Nemesis: Inferno, no-one copied no-one.

But the tyre was not originally planned. I discinctly remember seeing plans for a cool, flag type entrance... they have obviously changed that as of late.
iridium

1) Does that change the fact themeing has been changed from nice and original to practically the same. And who said that SAME PERSON couldn't have been more orginial with Project: Stealth.
No, but then you said "Get your own ideas Thorpe". Which suggests that you believe it to be a case that Thorpe have stolen the idea of the tyre, and not just that it is similar because the same person designed it - which in fact means it is in no way Thorpe Park's fault.
Since you went to a Theme Park and entered a world where fantasy takes over. Since when did the prehistoric days have 1950s race cars tearing through them?
Queen of Speed

You can't come up with a coaster concept, do all the paper work, ring up the constructer and get the coaster open all in less than 1 year, no way.
Hate to break it to you, but you can, and they have done. This is fact I'm afraid.