Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AltonOperator

Brilliant but he called stealth the scariest rollercoaster in the world. So disappointing.
Thanks Jack
Justin

This was first broadcasted in 2010.
AltonOperator

Still with kingda ka being double the height...
Thanks Jack
streetmagix

I've heard some reports of Stealth rolling back a couple of times this week. Surprising as I thought the upgrade a couple of years ago made a rollback very unlikely. Maybe related to that planned maintenance a couple of weeks ago?
Dan

streetmagix wrote:I've heard some reports of Stealth rolling back a couple of times this week. Surprising as I thought the upgrade a couple of years ago made a rollback very unlikely. Maybe related to that planned maintenance a couple of weeks ago?
The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but given how unlikely it is for Stealth to rollback now, if it had I dare say we would have seen something more concrete about it by now.

What reports have you heard/seen to suggest that this happened?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dan wrote:The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.
Just as a side note - if I'm remembering correctly from the Summer Sizzler BTS, the launch cable is now changed every six months, i.e. once during closed season and once half way through the season (hence July).
Dan

lewis97 wrote:
Dan wrote:The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.
Just as a side note - if I'm remembering correctly from the Summer Sizzler BTS, the launch cable is now changed every six months, i.e. once during closed season and once half way through the season (hence July).
Annual in-season change ;)
streetmagix

Dan wrote:
streetmagix wrote:I've heard some reports of Stealth rolling back a couple of times this week. Surprising as I thought the upgrade a couple of years ago made a rollback very unlikely. Maybe related to that planned maintenance a couple of weeks ago?
The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but given how unlikely it is for Stealth to rollback now, if it had I dare say we would have seen something more concrete about it by now.

What reports have you heard/seen to suggest that this happened?
Healthy skepticism is always good :) It was over in the MAP Facebook Group, one on Saturday and one from last week. It just stood out to me as I've not heard of a rollback in years. 
Interesting that they now have a fixed schedule for the cable replacement. Was it once over winter before? Or just ad-hoc?

(EDIT: It was last Tuesday: https://forum.maniahub.com/topic/4771-s ... ent=251341 and Yesterday. FB is closed so I can't link! Considering how busy Thorpe has been I don't think 2 in a week is especially high to be honest)
Collossalsaw

Had a few maintenance issues today wasn’t open the majority of the day. Was running one cart in the time it was open but to be honest I don’t think it was anything significant.
Swarm Chris

It's back up and running this morning :)

Edit: Looks like it died again by the afternoon :(
Swarm Chris

Stealth is down again. Saw complaints yesterday about it not running at all, then it's listed as closed today.

Given the comments above from about the same time last year, I wonder if it's having its mid-season service? 
Swarm Chris

After years of hearing that Stealth has three trains and never believing it, I finally saw the third train yesterday! All the carriages were seemingly back together and lined up alongside each other in the maintenance shed.

Plus also got to watch them do a ride shut down from what looked like an aborted launch. After requesting everyone move back from the station gates and clearing staff, they had to roll the train forwards then backwards, presumably detaching it from the catch car, before station staff were let back in to release the restraints of the guests stuck on the train. Maintenance were brilliantly fast to respond and took about 5 minutes from the fault to occur to them having the ride back in operation again.

When they announced they would move them forwards slowly and what sounded like them saying, "I'm sure you won't mind", I had hoped they were going to launch them knowing it would roll back. But alas, not this time!
Justin

STEALTH
One of Europe’s fastest rollercoasters. Prepare to be propelled from 0-80mph to 205ft in under 2 seconds and experience the same brake horse power of two Formula 1 cars.

With the closed season upon us, how would you review Stealth at the THORPE PARK Resort?
[/b][/center]
Htjc_

I personally love Stealth! From its simple happy theme to its insane launch, it is just great. It is the only ride I have been on that still scares me to date, the world's third fastest accelerating launch gets me every single time. Standing underneath the track as it whizzes by gets me hyped up for the ride and still makes me nervous. It is still extremely reliable for an Intamin Accelerator model and isn't rough in the slightest (depending on who you ask). Many will disagree, but I find this my second favourite coaster in the UK, just edged out by The Swarm.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Swarm Chris

Happiest area in the park. Even when full of vampire cheerleaders and American football players.

Takes me a while to get warmed up to this ride, as the launch force is crazy, and wonderfully daunting. But once I'm there, I enjoy quiet days when you don't have to queue much for re-rides.

There was a funny weekend when they had lost a load of arm bands from the baggage room. So instead they handed out fairly large laminated pieces of card. Yep, they barely lasted the morning. Saw several get jettisoned into Rumba Rapids. :lol
DeadJack5

One of the rides I overlook a lot at the park. I really do enjoy the ride and love the area it's set in.

Launch is good, atmosphere is fun/enjoyable and overall makes for a fun ride. Would definitely love to be on/see a rollback on it but overall I do enjoy Stealth
Swarm Chris

DeadJack5 wrote:Would definitely love to be on/see a rollback on it but overall I do enjoy Stealth
Why do I suspect this ride is set to something like, speed required to get over the top +10%, just to prevent that. Imagine the tabloid headlines on that one, especially if running 2 trains. :lol
Dom

I'm still waiting on this to be rethemed to Drag Race :lol

But seriously, I adore Stealth. I used to hate the launch, but the more i've ridden it the more I have started to enjoy the ride. I have ridden in practically every seat and the back is by far the better place to sit on it. Don't get me wrong, the view from the front is great, but back just feels better. The theme is simple, but amazing. It has such an upbeat vibe and is just a joy to be in. Happy themes do work!
wamdue

Dom wrote:I'm still waiting on this to be rethemed to Drag Race :lol
if they do that, im gonna fair warning, cos ive only got one out fit to match that theme.

It kinda bugs me that in all these years ive never actually ridden Stealth, fine when I went with the school at a kid, but I went for a two days a few years ago, and it was shut both days :( 
Michelle

It's probably my favourite ride at Thorpe , probably.
With the exception of the fact that if I'm not correctly braced I end up painfully folded in half for the first so many seconds :lol

I really enjoy this ride, I love the theme, the music playing in the area makes me genuinely happy especially on a sunny day, it makes such a refreshing change from apocalypse doom and gloom that is experienced in some other areas of the park.

It will also be held dear in my heart forever thanks to Tom almost being taken out by a seagull on the bunny hop on one eventful event ERT :lol

8.5/10 for this ride , 1 point lost for the removal of skin that happens if you ride during heavy rain. .5 for the fact it's just not long enough.