Best THEME park in the world?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
scruffy_

Best themed park? That harry potter park looks pretty special!
sweedish2009

If your looking for THEME, I'd have to say either Islands Of Adventure or Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom could edge it now with the new Fantasyland expansion, and the fact that Disney really do take care of the whole park, constantly refurbing rides and areas, or updating them (as seen recently with Big Thunder Mountain).

Islands Of Adventure does have Harry Potter, which is on a completely different level to anything I've ever seen, however it does mean the rest of the park looks a bit...........meh! (aside from Jurassic Park which always looks great)
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
JayTricky

My personal favourite, the Universal Studios parks in Florida. I can't decide which one, as both are brilliant - especially on a hot day.
owenrita121

PortAventura does it for me, I can't really remember Islands of Adventure, but the theming in PortAventura is stunning.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Nightfall

Well if you are judging just theme then it has to be Disney. No other company has quite the same budget and attention to detail.

Although I haven't seen it myself I hear Tokyo DisneySea is stunning:

Taken by the Roller Coaster Philosopher

That whole island is manmade. You might just about be able to spot a ride coming out the side, quite near the top. The peak of the volcano periodically erupts.
[align=center]Image[/align]
sw7nutter

ride wise it would have to be cedar point
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
JayTricky

sw7nutter wrote: ride wise it would have to be cedar point
I don't think that this is what we're talking about here. It's more 'theme' wise we are after. Cedar Point is more of an Amusement Park. Not too much attention on theming.

Tokyo DisneySea probably takes the crown. I'm off to Orlando next week and am exited to visit Universal again. Islands of Adventure is spectacular.
isaacoomber

Wow! It is really best theme park. My hobby is travel and i traveled many theme park. Waterton Lakes National Park is a national park located in southwest corner of Alberta, Canada. The place is accomplished with absolute scenery, wildlife, forest and fauna.

http://www.waterton.ca/
Pennywise

Europa Park is always a favourite for being mentioned on this forum as having outstanding theming and being a truly immersive experience. I find it unlikely to believe that a better 'theme' experience can be found within Europe, though the various Disneyland and Universal attractions throughout the world are, obviously, a class above.

Roodlesnouter

What are those photos Dan? Im confused LOL

My choice, although a tough one, will be Busch Gardens Tampa.

Great Rides including fantastic coasters
Immersive theming
Gorgeous landscaping
Good food
Stunning Shows
large collection of animals

BGT has it all
Last edited by Roodlesnouter on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pennywise

roodlesnouter wrote: What are those photos Dan? Im confused LOL
The photos are of Europa. :) Not mine, but I thought they illustrated rather well the quality of Europa's aesthetics.
andy86

Well in terms of being an all round best theme park in the world, classically I would have to say Walt Disney World in Florida. Arguably it is a collection of theme parks in one large scale resort, but every single one of them has a unique character and amazing attention to detail from landscaping to rides.

Magic Kingdom - Adventure, fantasy and some classical fun rides
Disney's Hollywood Studios - All your favorite movies and some pretty good white knuckle attractions 
Epcot - Slightly more for grown ups in terms of the world showcase, but some really cool attractions like Test Track
Animal Kingdom - Huge park, with loads of wildlife and animals. Amazing rides on a very grandeur scale

I could go on about it, but IMO it's truly top of the list in the theme park world.
Wildboy

I would have to put forward terra mittica because where it floundered with its meager ride line up it more than made up for in the theming. Lovely place that really feels immersive and genuine. Also very quiet which further enhanced the themes.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983
Mckillmore

I've not been to many theme parks but went to Islands of Adventure in December and have to say the Harry Potter part of the park is excellent. I went on the forbidden journey twice and technically it was fantastic. The second time I had to wait in line for a while and had an opportunity to admire the the attention to detail which was frankly exquisite.

I have never seen or read any Harry Potter either.

10/10
bensaund

For me this is an imcomplete question.

You are not looking at age groups or what type of park if best. So what I would like to see:

What is the best THEME park for:
-Young children
-Families
-Thrill seekers

Legoland is a lot different to Thorpe park, but they are good in their own ways.
If you go down to the woods today
Mckillmore

sw7nutter wrote: ride wise it would have to be cedar point
I'd have to agree. I'll never stop going back there. Not really themed though. Unless you count 'lots of amazing rides' as a theme. Or Snoopy for that matter.
rollercoastersmi

I have to agree with Europa Park. It is my favourite park I have ever visited and it has got everything, high quality thrill rides, great family rides, immense themeing, cleanliness, efficiency and friendliness.
AJLlama

Out of the one's I've been too, it's a tough call. I agree with all the above statements R.E disney & Universal studios/Islands of adventure. I think i go with Islands of adventure, Jurassic park bought a tear to my eye, and i'm 30, Harry potter is amazingly themed (although i don't really like harry potter, i just squinted and imagined it was Ankh-Morpork) Spiderman was brilliantly themed, as was the Queue for hulk.
Pennywise

bensaund wrote: Legoland is a lot different to Thorpe park, but they are good in their own ways.
I would argue that neither Legoland nor Thorpe Park are particularly good as 'theme park' attractions. Thorpe places emphasis almost entirely upon rides in many cases, with atmosphere and theming being an afterthought, whilst Legoland struggles to create immersive experiences because it's aimed entirely at young children and therefore the park doesn't seem to think about the details.

However, I do agree with your point that different age groups will enjoy different parks more, even if truly outstanding locations (Europa Park, Disney World) have broad appeal to all visitors.
Benjsh

I'm going to some of the finest a week on saturday.......Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, both Universal Parks Busch Gardens and sea World.

Nothing comes close to Florida.