Walt Disney World General Discussion

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
evil cod

From ThrillNetwork.com

ACT 1: FRIDAY
Three Disneyland employees were taken to a hospital after one mixed chemicals to create a harmful chemical.

The accident ocurred about 5:30 a.m. Friday when one employee tried to chlorinate a water system near Flix Fanfare, a spokeswoman for the Anaheim Fire Department said.

The chemicals mixed were hydrochloric acid and sodium hydrochloride, which resulted in a vapor similar to what happens when household chemicals are mixed with bleach, the spokeswoman said.

The chemicals were used to chlorinate a water system attached to water jets at a children's play area, she said.

The Anaheim hazmat unit and firefighters supervised cleanup. The park's operation was not affected.

ACT 2 :SATURDAY
One Disneyland employee was sent to the hospital and eight others were evaluated after mixed chemicals created smoke in a maintenance area, officials said.

A mixture of resin with a catalyst produced smoke, and one employee with a history of asthma was taken to a hospital. Firefighters and a hazmat team responded to a maintenance shop for fibreglass vehicles about 2:30 p.m. Saturday, said an official with the Anaheim Fire Department.

Disneyland's steam train was closed for three hours as a precautionary measure. No one was evacuated from the park.

DISNEY! STEP AWAY FROM THE CHEMICALS
Williscroft

You would think that Disney would be one of the safest places to be in terms of a family day out but we seem to be hearing of things going on at Disney parks alot more now. They need to step up on their safety standards i think.
Anonymous

Just wondered what this ride is all about, what it does? etc.

Anyone have any info.

And sorry if theres already a topic on this.
Dom1991

I've been on the one in Orlando and it's basically Pirates' Adventure at Drayton Manor only 10x better. A lot of people rate it highly but the only scene I found particularly great is the scene with the pirate ship at sea and you're just surrounded by water, I did actually wonder if I was going to drift off course. (this was before I realised that the boat was attached and stuck to a set track)
Anonymous

Disney should be really careful with the chemicals. If something goes wrong with chemicals when the guests are in park. they're going to get sued.
Anonymous

Look at what I just found! : www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds31593.html More incidents happening at Disney.
AT-mad

that link does not work

[Liam - Fixed] :)
fatlilmonkey

Does anyone have a link too the disney sims that were on here a while ago. I cant find the topic anywhere.
Thanks
Rick
xx
TenZero

www.disneysims.blogspot.com - A few basic sims, not too good

www.themagical.nl - The best sims, mainly BTM!
Mattmills

yeh the 2nd one you posted has a brilliant Tower of Terror, BTM and Space Mountain sims on, all the best sims ive found anywhere.
gloomywood

Those are some of the greatest ride simulations I have ever seen. These disney sims really do make you feel responsible for controlling the ride. Does anyone know where we could find anymore? Granted, they may not be as good but I like looking at them.

The first link's sims are not very good at all, they lack realism and are simply the ride with no riders or sound effects.

Very Good Sims (especially Space Mnt, BTM and Tower of Terror)

glOoMy WoOd
Stefan

WOW thats all ive got to say, ive been playing on them for hours today :P :P They make the whole ride seem realistic.

Anyone know if there any other good ones out there :?: :?:
Rory

the expedition everest sim is awesome. great find.
Fantasmic

These are fun!

I wish there was a Splash Mountain one!
Fantasmic

An action packed voyage through secret caverns, sea battles and treasure troves. One of the most enjoyable rides in the whole park. We recommend you try it at night as lines are usually shorter then. As with most rides, try the left side queue if both sides are open. Most people tend to pick the right queue.

Drink up me hearties yo ho! Take a boat trip through the rough seas and and villages of the Caribbean. Dead men tell no tales.

Actually, DomC the boat on POTC is not on a track, it's free floating, in a kinda channel, much the same as IASW

From Disneyworld Website:
First the attraction inspired the movie — now the movie is inspiring the attraction!

Pirates of the Caribbean is currently closed, but Captain Jack Sparrow joins the crew when it re-opens on July 7! Get ready to set sail on this boisterous boat ride to discover Captain Jack and his nemesis Barbossa interacting with some of the more familiar Audio-Animatronics buccaneers and adding a terrific twist to the adventure — along with new special effects.

Should be good!
AstroDan

Pirates is one ride I am looking forward to riding in Paris in June.

I have ridden Piraten in Batavia at Europa Park which, so my friend tells me, is a direct copy of the original Pirates rides of Disney parks in America.
Fantasmic

POTC in DLP is very good, like a suped up version of POTC in MK (apparently MK's POTC is the worst of the lot)
Altonator

HI just writing to say that I have put some pics up which I took on a helicopter flight during my recent visit to Florida http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12103 I have started this topic because I know that people like looking at aerial pics of parks and I know that not all people read the trip reports section anyway to see the pics click here http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album37

and here

http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album38

to see the rest of my Florida pics click here :) :)
http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... c&start=20

What do you think of the pics?

ps anyone whos creating or has a theme park / Disney / Florida website if you wish to use any of my pics PM me. thanks :) :)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
CGM

Nice Pics! I've always wanted to see ariel photos of Disney World but most of it's out of focus on Google Earth
Moley

I remember going on a helicopter trip above the parks in Orlando, its amazing to see a ride from above. Got the whole trip on a camcorder, all I need is a bloody wire to connect it to the PC and I could post it if, as Altonator says, someone is doing a Disney website.