Walt Disney World General Discussion

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Mattmills

I prefer the Florida Mission Space to the Paris Version to be honest, its just a lot nicer to ride, and the cars are so much more comfy!

I like both but prefer the Florida Version
tomfeltonfan

Sorry, all the way through this I've been on about the Paris Mission 2! My bad. :oops: Anyway, yes the Paris one is a launced one, not sure about the new Florida one.
Mankey

I thought this WAS about the Paris one... :? seeing as its actually called "Space Mountain: Mission 2"

Oh dear... so we're talking about the florida one? silly me!! LOL! :roll:

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Liam

WDW = Walt Disney World which is in Florida.

This is the rumoured Space Mountain upgrade that will be similar to the one that has just happened in Paris.
Mankey

Yeah i just realised that WDW is there... :lol: I know what that meas i most likely just didnt pay attention to it...

My apologies... :oops:

So its gonna be upgraded to a Vekoma?

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
tomfeltonfan

I apologise the same, I didn't see the WDW at the start. Whoops, my bad.
Beaver Dude

I think that whole area needs gutting if I'm honest I remember it as being the worst area out of all the Disney parks. Space Mountain was alrite nothing that special which isn't too good for a Disney park. The one in Paris is miles better.
Green.Wing

ORLANDO Fla.-Around 1 PM Tuesday the Orange County Sheriff's Office responded to 3281 Sherberth Road in reference to a man who died after riding the Mt. Everest Rollercoaster at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom.Jeffery Reed, 44, of Navarre, Florida appeared to be unconscious and unresponsive at the conclusion of the ride when the cars stopped at the attraction's unloading area. Disney personnel immediately rendered aid to Reed and contacted Reedy Creek Rescue and the Sheriff's Office. He was transported to Celebration Hospital near Orlando where he was pronounced dead.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages ... 1.1&sflg=1
Kaz

Nothing new, chances are he had a heart defect.
Mankey

Poor disney... they're always suffering from deaths...

interesting though, i'm agreeing with kaz, its usually a problem like that

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Bolton Warrior

Dont forget he did not die at Disney though, nobody is allowed to die at the happiest place on earth.

They have to be carted off to celebration hospital where they are then officially pronounced dead, sad but true.
Adam

[quote=""coastergraham""]Dont forget he did not die at Disney though, nobody is allowed to die at the happiest place on earth.

They have to be carted off to celebration hospital where they are then officially pronounced dead, sad but true.[/quote]

Nah, that's just an Urban Myth. Maybe people have died in their sleep at the hotels, just like at Alton Towers. It's just not reported as often.

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Bolton Warrior

[quote="".Adam""][quote=""coastergraham""]Dont forget he did not die at Disney though, nobody is allowed to die at the happiest place on earth.

They have to be carted off to celebration hospital where they are then officially pronounced dead, sad but true.[/quote]

Nah, that's just an Urban Myth. Maybe people have died in their sleep at the hotels, just like at Alton Towers. It's just not reported as often.

Adam x[/quote]
Have a look at this adam, it tells you a bit more about what former disney employees call the "no one dies at disney policy". The bit about them not wanting marked ambulances on park shows how much they want to preserve the image and control the enviroment.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/declare.asp
Green.Wing

Wouldnt surprise me tbh. The americans are mental anyway.
Crofty

Jeffery Reed, 44, of Navarre, Florida appeared to be unconscious and unresponsive at the conclusion of the ride when the cars stopped at the attraction's unloading area.
That reads like a review of Charlie and the chocolate factory: The Ride!

Sad, but your bound to get deaths like these every know and then. :(
Green.Wing

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)--A 44-year-old man who died after riding a Walt Disney World roller coaster had a pre-existing heart condition that caused his death, a medical examiner said Wednesday.

Jeffery Reeb, 44, was pulled unresponsive from the Expedition Everest ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom about 12:50 p.m. Tuesday.

Preliminary autopsy results indicated that Reeb died of natural causes.

Deputies said Reeb appeared to be conscious 50 seconds before the ride ended, because his photograph was taken then. He was administered CPR by Reedy Creek Emergency Services and pronounced dead at Celebration Hospital.

Everest debuted in 2006, simulating a runaway train ride through the Himalayas. Riders meet a giant animatronic yeti, traveling both forward and back to avoid the monster and the train tracks it mangled.

The ride reopened Tuesday afternoon after an inspection found it was operating properly.

Prior to Reeb's death, at least 15 people had died at Disney's theme parks in Florida and California since 1989, some with previous health conditions.

Walt Disney World is owned by Walt Disney Co (DIS).
Anonymous

ORLANDO, Fla. (Dec. 18) - A 44-year-old man died Tuesday after riding a roller coaster at Walt Disney World that simulates a runaway train ride through the Himalayas, authorities said.

Jeffery Reed, of Navarre, Fla., was pulled unresponsive from the ride, given CPR and pronounced dead at a hospital. He had no visible signs of injury, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities are investigating whether Reed had a previous medical condition, said Jim Solomons, sheriff's spokesman. An autopsy is planned.

Inspectors found that the ride, Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest, was working properly, but Disney kept it closed during further review.

The ride, Expedition Everest, made its debut in 2006 and features an 80-foot drop. Before Tuesday's death, at least 15 people had died at Disney's theme parks in Florida and California since 1989, some with previous health conditions.

Your Opinions :lol:
AstroDan

No worries, locked.
Ash

Hey,

So disney have brought us the Dinosaur and Dr Bunsen and Beaker from the muppets, now there is WALL-E

http://www.vimeo.com/1014358

I really do think these things are awesome, and id love to see them return.

If you look for the muppets one on you tube you really will be amazed