Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RustyRider

Something along the lines of Goliath @ la ronde would be perfect at Thorpe park...although am I right in thinking it doesn't have an MCBR? Not sure how accurate I'm being here but you can't dispatch the next train until the previous train has passed through the MCBR, due to the fact if the previous train valleys after the MCBR the next train can stop safely? So surely goliaths throughput would be pretty low?

If Thorpe did get a mega coaster (with an MCBR) I would be over the moon..three coasters with throughputs of 1000+ it can only be a good thing!
Last edited by RustyRider on Wed May 09, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
BigAl

I worked out that Goliath at La Ronde gets a throughput roughly between 1600 and 1700 an riders hour. If you threw in an extra row of seats on each train (40 riders per train, 10 cars per train) and a mid-course brake run (assuming the layout is similar), you'd create a throughput monster! :P
AstroDan

Silver Star gets 1,800 per hour. With three trains of 36 people.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Jiminy Cricket

I wouldn't mind an intense flyer something like Manta
BigAl

So if Thorpe could build a B&M mega coaster with three trains of 40 people and the mcbr to allow the three to operate all at once, are we talking about Oblivion levels of throughput?
RustyRider

Essentially yes. Realistically though, what is he likelihood of Thorpe running three trains?

I know it's three years early and what not, but if this happens it would be fantastic for the park, it would take so much pressure off the other 5 coasters plus with more flats outlined in the mtdp..the future looks bright for Thorpe.
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
AstroDan

I doubt we would see a B&M with ten rows... Not at Thorpe. They seem to get less rows not more!

I doubt we would get a huge mega anyway. May not have a mid course.

BigAl

Well the 10 rows were wishful thinking on my part. :P But still, if Goliath at La Ronde can get a decent throughput with just two trains, 9 rows per train and no mcbr then it's not too bad.
RollercoasterGEEK100

:DSo yea. Also it is definatly another B&M i don't think mack and that is wanted in thorpe park. Also Goliatch at le-ronde is cool. And is le ronde kinda like thorpe park anyways?

Credit to NemesisRider
DiogoJ42

There is no evidence to suggest it is a B&M so far, only hearsay.
BigAl

It's not definitely a B&M. The only thing we know about the next coaster is that it will be ready in 2015 and won't exceed 50 meters.

If you'd like to know what Six Flags La Ronde is like then take a look here.

:)
SpinballEdders

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: :DSo yea. Also it is definatly another B&M i don't think mack and that is wanted in thorpe park. Also Goliatch at le-ronde is cool. And is le ronde kinda like thorpe park anyways?
1. Your spelling and Grammar is awful

2. What makes you think that "mack and that" are not wanted in Thorpe Park?
BigAl

Mack would be good. A Mack mega coaster (no inversions) might actually be better than a B&M mega coaster (apart from the throughput due to the Mack trains) but nobody will know until someone actually makes one. Their Blue Fire launch coaster is certainly a hit with enthusiasts.
AstroDan

Blue Fire gets 1,600 an hour.

It's awesome but probably too tame for Thorpe.

RollercoasterGEEK100

B&M :O

Credit to NemesisRider
Jammydodger

I really think Thorpe should opt for a Flyer. It would be highly marketable to portray themselves as the park with "a bit of everything". I'd say a dive machine would be cool too, but I doubt that'd happen with Saw installed already.

I think its great that there aren't really any concepts left for them to choose from anymore, so this means they can go back and really study whats available to them, rather than picking an easily marketable one.

To be honest now though, I'm more interested in what they do during their low and medium investment years. There's a lot of talk of big changes, but I'd really like to see them come to fruition, and we get a more rounded park, to complement Alton Towers.
RyanY

Jammydodger wrote: I really think Thorpe should opt for a Flyer. It would be highly marketable to portray themselves as the park with "a bit of everything". I'd say a dive machine would be cool too, but I doubt that'd happen with Saw installed already.
Blithering Lodge has a dive machine and a eurofighter and they do fine. :P

My money would be on a smaller version of intimadator 305 but with expedition GeForce restraints. I think that would fill a big gap in Thorpe's ride line up.
BigAl

ryanyoxall wrote: My money would be on a smaller version of intimadator 305 but with expedition GeForce restraints. I think that would fill a big gap in Thorpe's ride line up.
Only on the basis that Thorpe receives the same high-speed cable lift! :D :P
RollercoasterGEEK100

Dear thorpe park: Extend... Make it like six flags UK.

Credit to NemesisRider
BigAl

Trust me, you don't want anything like Six Flags here in the UK. Their rides are fine, but that's it really. Their parks are notorious for bad theming (or non whatsoever in most cases), not so great maintenance (both rides and theming), masses of debt, tackiness, ridiculously ott up-selling, duplicating rides too often, etc...