Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Guitar

Any word on whether Derren ok'd the ride. I'm assuming he has as the twitter response changed after his visit.
Owen

The attraction is likely to be completely finished now as Merlin Magic Making have left the site!

The luggage room shutters also seem to be slightly raised.

Photo credit to TPM member pluk.
Speedy_no1

There is still work men in and out. All staff keep saying is soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Owen

Theme Park Guide on Facebook have posted -
Theme Park Guide wrote:I've heard through the grapevine that yesterday bags may be have been going into the bins around Derren Brown's Ghost Train. Does this mean we will see it open today or tomorrow?
Very exciting stuff, but all I keep thinking about with the sheer amount of bins in the queue, God knows how many bin bags the ride will go through! :lol
Aidan Lowe

Owen wrote:Theme Park Guide on Facebook have posted -
Theme Park Guide wrote:I've heard through the grapevine that yesterday bags may be have been going into the bins around Derren Brown's Ghost Train. Does this mean we will see it open today or tomorrow?
Very exciting stuff, but all I keep thinking about with the sheer amount of bins in the queue, God knows how many bin bags the ride will go through! :lol
We'll see but don't get too excited by this, some eagle eye watchers last year saw staff doing the same with The Smiler. It has to open soon anyway but don't get hopes up just in case it isn't this weekend.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
JaykeAT

This is the problem with a dark ride, there's so little to speculate we've turned to bin-bags :lol
Owen

Oh I'm not worried if it opens this weekend or not, as I won't be getting on it for awhile anyway! :lol

It's more the fact Merlin Magic Making have now seemingly left the site that is a stronger indicator of opening soon.
KoasterKraver

JaykeAT wrote:
This is the problem with a dark ride, there's so little to speculate we've turned to bin-bags :lol
How exciting!
swooddow

Lol people are getting hyped over bin bags ! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Owen

People are getting hyped for the final details being added to the visible ride area, and rightfully so - people have been waiting patiently and it's in touching distance! ;)

In more eventful news, a tent has been set up outside. Photo credit to TPM.

I smell a media night...
theparklifekid

I'm hopefully going to Thorpe in July, so let's hope it doesn't get delayed again and opens soon.
My curiosity is very high and the longer I wait the more I wonder!! :lol:
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Liam.W

Just a thought...
Maybe that tent could be somewhere for people to register their interest in participating in technical rehearsal and checking in when it's their time to ride?

And Owen that looks a little small for a media night :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Owen

Not really, the media groups walk up and register their name for a badge - it's quite often at many parks only a small tent is used.
Altontowersbarlow

I don't know if its an isolated glitch to my computer however, when I click the "Coming Soon" text on the Thorpe Park homepage on the DBGT graphic it is instantly loading the buy tickets tab. This suggests to me that the tab has been linked to a "book now" format but the link hasn't been renamed yet. I don't know if I'm looking too far into this but it seems strange.
Owen

Altontowersbarlow wrote:I don't know if its an isolated glitch to my computer however, when I click the "Coming Soon" text on the Thorpe Park homepage on the DBGT graphic it is instantly loading the buy tickets tab. This suggests to me that the tab has been linked to a "book now" format but the link hasn't been renamed yet. I don't know if I'm looking too far into this but it seems strange.
This has been doing this for awhile now (at least for me) - it's quite irritating to be honest! :lol
dazza4783

Owen wrote:Not really, the media groups walk up and register their name for a badge - it's quite often at many parks only a small tent is used.
I think it's either for a media event, or they are temporarily using timed tickets for the ride, as has been rumoured, and this is where you go to get them.
archie.mm

So someone asked about the GT and Thorpe replied with something a little different,
We are still yet to confirm a date
Opening is imminent.
Owen

I agree, dazza.

They are just saying the same thing with slightly different wording...
I wouldn't looking that much. From here I suspect it'll just be a waiting game. :)
Morgan

Just a thought- what if that tent is there so Derren Brown himself can meet people and sign books?
Dom

All we can do is.........

I'm sure this will open soon, i am hoping and praying. But hopefully the pop up gazebo is a sign that an opening is very close. If Derren was going to be there, chances are he won't sign books etc. He will officially open the ride and then wait for the first people to come off and see their reactions and then probably a quick photo shoot and then home, but it is quite unlikely