Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
xylyx

I don't know about totally losing my excitement for the ride but it's definitely cooling a little, hard in this heat I know. I used to live on this board checking for updates and seeing how everything is progressing, sadly everything we can see and touch is in place, and the only reveal left is the opening so Thorpe go quiet, the updates dry up, and all that's left is waiting, which can feel interminable.

I check back hoping for news but my full attention is definitely elsewhere. I hope it's open when I go on the 20th of July, but sadly I am starting to feel like this may not be guaranteed.
Luce

I can see why a lot of people are frustrated by the ghost train not opening yet as I am too but I'm still pretty excited by it. I'd like to think that Thorpe are feeling similar as they want to get the ride/attraction open as soon as possible for everyone to enjoy but at the same time, the park want to ensure everything's working properly.

I do hope it opens this month but I guess we'll have to watch this space :)
Justin

I was talking about this last night.

As much as I am looking forward to the attraction, I am growing tired of the delay. I'm due to visit Thorpe on 25th June, but if it is not open by then I won't make a special trip up when it does. I was all prepared to, but now it can wait until my next visit. If that is October then so be it!
Dom

CoasterGuy246 has asked me to post the following images for him.

COASTERGUY246

Thanks dom! It seems that staff are currently testing the ride! I have been watching the area for a while and i saw them go in, there are also more people queuing right now
naoisenoo

It's good to see people are testing the ride, hopefully this means we will get an announcement soon!
I'm still feeling pretty hyped about the ghost train despite the wait, we just have to hope that it will meet our expectations.
xylyx

Aye it should not be opened before it's ready but it's still frustrating. Good to see some visible testing though, hopefully soon..........
dazza4783

Over at thorpe park mania they say that Derren is apparently going to the park tomorrow to sign the ride off. Fingers crosed for it being open when I visit on Tuesday.
dannypugh88

Yea it's all rumour and hearsay we will say what happens I wouldn't necessarily trust the source
Owen

The staff working on the attraction are those stating Derren will be signing the attraction off, so it's a tricky one as although they may know, they may be just as clueless as everyone else. I'm sure we will see Derren tweet something or other once he's signed it off.

It should be noted a new animation has been added to the ride page on Thorpes website, where the image of the suspended train carriage fades to black - possibly hinting there may be a secondary image to be added...An opening date perhaps?
Owen

From cianjs on TPM -

I've been thinking about the pre-show, and I remember Derren saying something about the peppers ghost effect. This makes me think that the pre-show may be based off of this effect, and maybe make Derren appear as if he is a ghost, assuming he will be part of the pre-show. Just an idea but it'd be cool if they went down this route as if it was done right it could look spectacular!
Justin

Make of it what you will, but I thought this was a very interesting reply from their Facebook page, which is slightly different from the rest...
Nadine wrote:Any chance Darren Browns ghost train will be open on the 24th of this month in traveling from Southampton and brought tickets especially for this? And as its my birthday too really don't want to be let down :(
Thorpe Park wrote: We do not have a confirmed opening date yet. If it is not open on the day of your visit you can visit guest services and they will be able to help!
Of course the reply is virtually the same, but it is interesting that the mention Guest Services.
Dom

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be open on the 25th as that is when i'm next visiting the park. Hopefully all these new little bits, like staff testing and slight changes in replies means it will open soon.
Justin

I'm there the 25th and really hoping it is open too!
archie.mm

Spoiler
Owen wrote:From cianjs on TPM -

I've been thinking about the pre-show, and I remember Derren saying something about the peppers ghost effect. This makes me think that the pre-show may be based off of this effect, and maybe make Derren appear as if he is a ghost, assuming he will be part of the pre-show. Just an idea but it'd be cool if they went down this route as if it was done right it could look spectacular!
Yes. It will include this as said on the media review. Derren appears in the preshow. Most likely using this technique.
rolicoli8

There's currently a group of hosting looking staff standing in the photo display area in the shop. Maybe it could soft open later today?
Ryan.B

I would say take a picture but it would look a bit odd :lol news is getting better every day, can't wait!
Owen

Are they in uniform?

If said staff are in a themed uniform it may be likely - however if not it's doubtful...
Horras64

If it soft opens tomorrow then I would be extremely happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speedy_no1

Looking very good I'll be there Wednesday and Thursday so will update then. Hope it's ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk