Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Matt_1985

Andy Mc wrote:Nothing new here but drudging up an old report about people who were approached at Thorpe Park and shown marketing to do with WC16.
According to his reports, the adverts involved: “a train, a gas mask, a homeless guy, relating it to losing your mind.”
Sounds an awful lot like Clue #5. Plus in the same article is a clip from The Giveaway where Derren Brown dresses homeless. Look familiar? (the one in the clue also has a scarf & beanie hat, cropped it out)

The guy on the right looks more like an evil wizzard.

Anyways, I hope they make use of spark genoraters, given the theme.
Chaz

Quite obviously completely fan made.

But I have a funny feeling we're all going to know more come Monday.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There can be no doubt now that we're getting a full announcement on Monday!

[align=center]Image[/align]
Capt.Barnacles

Anyone else noticed the 'five bars' symbol has been going since that first DB teaser? I've only just noticed there's five stitches binding his lips.
rjai1988

Hey everyone. This is my first post on here and thanks for all of your comments. It's so interesting seeing everyones theories.

As for the '5' symbols that keep appearing, could this relate to the five senses we have? Just a thought
dazza4783

Dan C wrote:Anyone else noticed the 'five bars' symbol has been going since that first DB teaser? I've only just noticed there's five stitches binding his lips.
Actually the first time we saw it was when the fright nights actors recreated it in the photo on Thorpe Park's twitter.
Then on Derren Brown's twitter when he made it out of sprinkles in his coffee.
Aidan Lowe

Limited edition pop badge further marketing the Victorian era & trains. Credit to Celia Mae over at Thorpe Park Mania

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dom

Interesting. Note the train
abigsmurf

With the train focus it's looking incredibly unlikely to be robot arms. Leaning more towards it being the Kong style ride with wrap around screens (especially given what was seen from the building work). Would still be a worlds first, even if only for a few months. Other possiblity is Ratatouille style free roaming vehicles (manufacturer of the tech announced a few parks were getting it), wouldn't be a world first tehcwise though.
dario16

hi umm well im like new to this fourm so hey :lol but i created an account on here because i really wanted to share with you guys something i have found. Basically you know that clue where there is the old guy that looks angry and the colour is green? well around it is a black 2 connected oval boarder.... well...i reckon maybe this said to be "attraction" may use the Oculus Rift. because that what it looks like when your looking through it so maybee this attraction/ride have visitors using it.

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING!!
WHAT IF THE NEW DARK RIDE EXPERIENCE MIGHT BE VENGANCE FROM THE OLD LONDON DUNGEONS??!! after all, thorpe park have kept it there. And apparently this new attraction has been taking 3 years of making and when the old dungeons closed that was in 2013... sooooo that means they probably had 1 whole year with Derren for storyboard or whatever???!!! and the other 2 years of remaking the original vengance!!! :lol :D :O
Last edited by Ladyofthelake on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Zach

rjai1988 wrote:Hey everyone. This is my first post on here and thanks for all of your comments. It's so interesting seeing everyones theories.

As for the '5' symbols that keep appearing, could this relate to the five senses we have? Just a thought
First off hey! Secondly wow, love your thinking very outside the box but still a simple concept we all overlooked! Keeping building on this!
Aidan Lowe

So we're a little over 24 hours from what is set to be the reveal of this attraction. I'm personally hoping for a date of opening, the name of the attraction & a teaser video from Derren Brown himself. We all have our own ideas what to expect.

I don't know the jargon used in trademarks but Whitechapel has had recent activity back in December but its status is 606 - Abandoned - No Statement Of Use Filed.

And as always because I got invested in this project I threw some vids together. End of the Line, A Disturbance Unearthed & Question your Reality. For anyone who wants to take a peak.

The first one, End of the Line is short at 23 secs, it switches between modern / old trains with bits of spooky footage. The sound track I chose because it felt kinda like how trains (old locomotives) start off slow and build momentum. A Disturbance Unearthed was an idea I had as if they started building WC16 but actually had discovered a station/remains (for the story) meters underground in which nobody had any evidence of its existence before and the disturbance of skeletons released angry spirits... ooooo. And Question your Reality one was inspired by Carnesky's Ghost Train, just basically station footage with a bit of a horror mashup thrown in for good measure.

Needless to say I'm going to be excited by Monday's reveal, I think we all are.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Sawboss

I'm actually considering shutting my eyes and going 'La la la la la' about this attraction now, booked a Thorpe trip for June now and I think it would be pretty good to go into it totally blind about whats inside. :D
rjai1988

Just another random thought based on everyones ideas about it being phobia related.

Derren is pushing the fact it's a "13" minute experience and triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13 so maybe thats another that this attraction is going to be based around phobias and fears
Liam.W

Derren posted this around half an hour ago on FaceBook

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Ryan.B

DBGT..... Derren Browns Ghost Train!!!
Liam.W

Ryan.B wrote:DBGT..... Derren Browns Ghost Train!!!
Ahhhhh yes, I didn't realise that!

1 shilling hints at Victorian time era.

"End of the line" and "no returns" makes it sound like it will be quite sinister!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

phildenholm

Liam.W wrote:Derren posted this around half an hour ago on FaceBook

Beat me to it, keeping up the train theme, can't wait for 9am

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
aaron96

Created a account on here simply to confirm the below -

derrenbrownghosttrain.co.uk = true!

Ryan.B

http://www.alva.org.uk/details.cfm?p=413&codeid=320805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;