Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
simononestop

sadly nothing hidden in the frames which are fuzzy,
just the same image shifted down to create an effect.
I put it in adobe premiere and froze the frames.
the figure looks like he is looking at a pocket watch or something tho? waiting for a train maybe?
phildenholm

Yey i did the next one without even looking on here!
MagicMartin666

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=5708DFD2

I can say, without shadow of doubt, that the man in the flat cap is Derren Himself!
New Thorpe Park Dark Ride: My Bet For The Name = "Derren Brown's Ghost Train"
MerlinFan

I thought it was Derren Brown straightaway! Looks really interesting and I am getting really excited by the thought this may be the ghost TRAIN I have waited so long for!
MagicMartin666

From what I know about Derren (and frankly that's quite a lot) I doubt that this ride will end up with some kind of obtuse name like "Face Your Fear" or "Mindbender". I'm laying my money on this ride simply being called "Derren Brown's Ghost Train". Simple, straight-forward, classic.
Aidan Lowe

Agree totally. This attraction doesn't need a title. That pretty much is plain, simple & to the point.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Owen

What an oddly specific choice of words. I don't think that the name will officially have Derrens name attached to it, if anything the name of the ride will be its own thing with Derrens name then slapped on top of merchandise ect.
Aidan Lowe

Owen wrote:What an oddly specific choice of words. I don't think that the name will officially have Derrens name attached to it.
A few months ago I would of agreed as we were still very much in the dark about WC16. But as time has progressed and clues unveiled you have to wonder yea there really isn't a great name to attach to this.

This isn't your ordinary investment like a big intimidating coaster and is more a dark (in tone & literally) theatre attraction. And surely we may of seen something by now submitted for trademark, Automatons wouldn't suit this at all imo.
Sawboss

I reckon this ride won't even have a ride system, you'll be led through a door out of the indoor queueing line into a small room, where you have to wait around for 10 minutes. Derren Brown then comes out and immediately hypnotises you into thinking you've just been on the greatest ride of your life, and you're led out the exit excited and jabbering to eachother about how completely incredible it was. :D
Owen

^^I was referring to the choice of words being specific - I'm not expecting a brilliant name for it considering the name we have gotten for another new attraction this year already ;)

^ that must be why it is so expensive, the wages for Derren! :lol
Luce

If that does turn out to be the name then I'll be a little disappointed as I would have expected it to be something a bit more imaginative given Derren Brown's involvement. However I'm still generally excited about this new attraction and am looking forward to experiencing it.
Owen

I mean it'd be nice for a extravagant name - however I think that a simple one wouldn't give much away, which is essentially what this attractions marketing campaign has been all along - I do think we will be getting an amazing attraction here though, one that will put Thorpe Park on top...
Aidan Lowe

Owen wrote:However I think that a simple one wouldn't give much away, which is essentially what this attractions marketing campaign has been all along.
Well naturally a marketing campaign is to entice interest & intrigue but I'd very much doubt we'll go without an official reveal of the ghost train before launch. Its shrouded in mystery and although probably won't be strict it does have an age restriction.

I'd think they'd reveal it and name it accordingly so parents and people who are unsure of whether to experience it go on it and be blown away rather than chickening out as they don't know what they're walking into. Lets face it the marketing campaign doesn't exactly scream family fun, its quite dark and sinister tone.
I reckon this ride won't even have a ride system, you'll be led through a door out of the indoor queueing line into a small room, where you have to wait around for 10 minutes. Derren Brown then comes out and immediately hypnotises you into thinking you've just been on the greatest ride of your life, and you're led out the exit excited and jabbering to eachother about how completely incredible it was.
That reminds me of the Little Britain sketch where an audience payed to watch a show by Kenny Craig, he hypnotized them put them into a trance then went on to read a book and snapped then them out of it when he was done :D
Owen

Since when has TP been family focused though? :lol

We've seen them try and evidentially it didn't end well - I think we can expect at the very least a moderately intense experience from this attraction
Aidan Lowe

You get what I mean though, they'd probably get more people queuing imo if they openly stated it.

They'll think oh yea I've been on those at fairgrounds, "they're quite fun" rather than standing outside a blank building with no hints to what is inside then deciding to not experience it. Its different queuing for something like a coaster you can see & a dark ride especially if your of a nervous disposition.

Technology has come a long way and its about time it has an up to date less traditional version & think will blow people away.
theparklifekid

does anyone think that there will be a pre-show with Derren on a tv screen? considering that this probably has a victorian theme.
Owen

I believe there is some kind of pre-show (showing in plans), in regards to what it's shown on and what it will consist of we are unsure :)
MagicMartin666

I see there being a pre-show similar to "The Tower of Terror" at Disneyland. You get taken into a themed room with an old tube TV and Derren introduces the experience, a door opens and the adventure begins.
nickhutson

I'm hoping we will see you something a lot more elaborate, and it will be along the lines of Peppers ghost or musion projection to illustrate Derren. Or projected head like the dungeon!
Owen

This is what I'm thinking. As we have been given an approximation of how long the ride will be of 13 minutes, I think we will see a pre-show of around 5 in my opinion.

In terms of what it will cincist of - I think it will be where Derren is solely involved, and certainly as this ghostly figure as he is shown as in the most recent clue. I can defiantly see some sort of projection being used, possibly something like Baron 1989 with the ghosts in the pre-lift section.