Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
greendevil0214

I think the tube station or London underground definitely has an influence on the theme if not the actual theme. In clue 5 if you look closely at the background you can make out the structure of the tube train, it's very distinctive it cant be anything else.

Also I think the green might have something to do with the district line because it's green on the map of the tube
Last edited by Ladyofthelake on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Air15

i know i might be late starting the mind gap thing ive tried to do the 1st clue by watching the first mind gap video buts it wont say that ive completed it haha
Aidan Lowe

^ You have to watch it at 7:30am/pm - 8:30 afaik.

Is it possible someone who can remember the clues create a separate topic on how to do them?!
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
TheBeast

At one point somebody did, it was locked quite quickly...

I do hope the ride/attraction is highly fear-based. Whilst I know that they have the mazes on Fright Nights, i hope this serves as a much better version of Nemesis Sub-Terra, filling the gap between Fright Nights and normal season.
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
adamofengland

Yea i dont wanna sound like a scrooge mcduck here but lets not just give away the answers. Clue's fine but if any of us actually want a chance of winning lets not make it easy for anyone to enter! :)
Aidan Lowe

Well honestly who here worked them out for themselves?! I think when the next clue was available someone posted it here and we all logged onto mindswanted to complete it.

Some people may be into solving clues but most just want to see the clues for themselves. And its not as if we would be forcing people to follow instructions how to do those clues if they were in a topic of their own. Its just that there is a growing number of late comers who just don't know the clues and hence we are seeing repetitive posts in this thread.

Edit: Seems the next clue is now early new year & the final clue is now end of January. Not sure why clues have been delayed and pushed back in its marketing but its not the first time.
ASturge21

I wonder if the delay of clues is actually a clue?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
Aidan Lowe

More than likely just not very well planned & thought out as I highly doubt the GP will be thinking delaying clues to be an actual clue.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

ASturge21 wrote:I wonder if the delay of clues is actually a clue?
Trains can be delayed...? :P
Aidan Lowe

Well when you put it like that.. then yes haha.
xylyx

The clue arriving at platform 6 is approximately 2 weeks late, please make sure you take all of your belongings with you, Merlin would like to apologise for any inconvenience and hope you have a safe journey. We also advise you try to ignore the creepy clown in the corner who wants to eat you.....
dazza4783

ASturge21 wrote:I wonder if the delay of clues is actually a clue?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
It could just be that they want to use pics or video of the actual ride building or ride system or something and construction has been slightly delayed?
Slug3k

I have managed to miss clue three... can anyone help at all?

Also just thinking with project Whitechapel being linked to the Underground, would it be plausible that the arrows to one of the clues (UU DD LL RR) could be directions to lead to another station/ part of London? Tower Hill is only 2 stops south on the District line. Could maybe fit with the haunted/ phobia theme? Thoughts?
steelo

Where have people seen the reference to 'bellows' in that last video? I've watched it about 20 times and I just don't see it, what am I missing?
dazza4783

steelo wrote:Where have people seen the reference to 'bellows' in that last video? I've watched it about 20 times and I just don't see it, what am I missing?
There it is.
Aidan Lowe

The first round of articles after Derren Brown was said to be involved is awfully similar to how they wrote about The Smiler, hopefully this time around Merlin got it right.
A new roller coaster promises to terrorize thrill-seekers in a whole new way after it was designed with the help of psychology experts and scientific researchers.

But it is the roller coaster's psychological effects that are set to push thrill-seekers to their limits, and the designers promise to 'blur the line between illusion and reality'.

'We want people to get off the ride and not know what is real.'
JonDoesTT

Thorpe have just tweeted this, I'm guessing it's for clue 5 as either a way of showing how to get it, or a way of suggesting what it means. I'm not sure, but it's still interesting.

Credit to NemesisRider
Aidan Lowe

The thermal image along with the short flash video & this statement in the tweet are all tied together nicely imo and are the biggest giveaways yet.
JonDoesTT

Andy Mc wrote:The thermal image along with the short flash video & this statement in the tweet are all tied together nicely imo and are the biggest giveaways yet.
Yeah, the clues are gradually revealing more and more each time too. Also, did the date of the 6th clue get pushed back? I'm guessing as it took a while to make the flash video, they've had to postpone it from mid/late December to "the early new year".

Credit to NemesisRider
Dom

Here is a full image of the clue as it looks like its been cut of in the image above. It is not clue 5/6 (What ever number we are up to now). It is a very intruiging image. I have no idea