Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
MerlinFan

Someone mentioned they'd worked out clue 4... any help would be very appreciated! I'm pulling my hair out!

EDIT: Aaahh cracked it! :D
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merge posts.
greendevil0214

Has anyone else been thinking, Thorpe Park have a secret 'bellows' gallery which shows abandoned warehouse style pictures but a bellow/bellows is a contraption used to pump air
Sawboss

That logo sort of reminds me of the ending of Life of Brian.
NemesisRider

Always look on the bright side of life...

Yeah, I'm kinda baffled by the theme. If someone told me it would just be pictures of John Wardley's face stapled to the wall whilst Derren Brown shouts at you I wouldn't rule it out :lol In all seriousness though, it will probably just click into place when they reveal more.
Master_feedback

I really dont know why everyone is still saying they can't work it out its a clearly a modern twist on the ghost train based on the tube and a deserted station ....
smithysrat

Hi all,

First time poster but have been following this thread for some time. I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on it and apologies if they have but I think this pretty much puts to bed the speculation that the attraction theme WILL have something to do with London Underground....I haven't got the faintest idea what but with the recent publicity stunt and this I don't think there can be any question where the theme (or at least some of it)...is heading.

archie.mm

smithysrat wrote:Hi all,

First time poster but have been following this thread for some time. I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on it and apologies if they have but I think this pretty much puts to bed the speculation that the attraction theme WILL have something to do with London Underground....I haven't got the faintest idea what but with the recent publicity stunt and this I don't think there can be any question where the theme (or at least some of it)...is heading.

This has been picked up on.
phildenholm

thought clue 5 would have landed by now :(
Dom

It could be that they are delayed in getting it up. Hopefully clue 5 will be revealed very soon. As for clue 6, at this rate it won't be revealed mid December :lol
Aidan Lowe

Waiting for these clues & updates like Jurassic Park GIF.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
NemesisRider

Dom wrote:It could be that they are delayed in getting it up. Hopefully clue 5 will be revealed very soon. As for clue 6, at this rate it won't be revealed mid December :lol
Thorpe Park wrote:Clue 6 will be up mid-December mid-January Soon
I know they didn't say that, but if they did I would laugh :P
Aidan Lowe

Hi Simon, keep your eyes peeled!
Tomorrow I'm guessing for Clue #5 or maybe even later today. With the Victorian Twins they were earmarked to be doing a week long promo in London?! so after that Clue #5 will make its way onto the site then #6 the following week.
Zach

Master_feedback wrote:I really dont know why everyone is still saying they can't work it out its a clearly a modern twist on the ghost train based on the tube and a deserted station ....
Great shout can we build on this ? See how the clues relate to it ? How can it be modernised ?
greendevil0214

The only problem with the ghost train theory is that we have only just been told it has something to do with the tube. But from what I have been told Derren said we have been looking at the theme all along which means it must have more to do with earlier clues, and none of the clues so far seem very underground tube based
Owen

Before I post I will say I understand where the tube idea has came from. However, I don't see why people have immediately jumped on it, I mean it may be likely but I would say for definite just yet - let's wait for more specific clues to it being bass on the London Underground first! ;)
Aidan Lowe

In regard to the London underground theme:

- You have the 5 person logo which looks like train tracks.
- You have the first promo image which looks like the mind the gap signage.
- You have 'Mind Gap' further indicating the Mind the Gap.
- 'Arriving 2016' they could of chosen landing or coming 2016 but chose 'Arriving' like a train scheduled arrival.
- 'Get on board' as in boarding a train.
- You have the Victorian Twins video promotion set entirely in the London tube area.
abigsmurf

There are a bit too many hints of it being train (and specifically tube).

Mind (the) Gap + circular logo.
human traintrack artwork
Viral video on the underground.
The building in the planning permission being "Thorpe Depot".

That aside, it's clear to me we're not going to get enough info to figure out the ride details from Merlin until they do a full reveal. The only concrete details we've found out before they've announced stuff so far have come as part of an accidental leak.
Owen

Once again, "I understand where the tube idea has come from".

All I am stating is to not jump on something extremely quickly, although I am sure the London Underground will have SOME sort of connection to the attraction I won't say that it definitely will as this has not been 100% confirmed, hence thinking with an open mind. I am not saying that people are wrong for thinking this as I myself have a spark of consideration that this will be a part of the attractions theme, just that people should take most things as a grain of salt until conclusive prove emerges :)
Ladyofthelake

Thorpe have posted a rather odd image on Twitter which has some thermal imaging super-imposed onto a construction photo from a couple of months ago. Not sure quite what it's hinting at, but it's an interesting teaser all the same :)

JonDoesTT

ladyofthelake wrote:Thorpe have posted a rather odd image on Twitter which has some thermal imaging super-imposed onto a construction photo from a couple of months ago. Not sure quite what it's hinting at, but it's an interesting teaser all the same :)

The only thing I could make out is that eye-like pattern on the floor. The rest doesn't make sense to me #-o

Credit to NemesisRider