Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Slug3k

JammyBand wrote:From my understanding, in order to complete clue 1, you simply just need to log in to the website between 7:30 and sometime like 8:45 (although I'm not sure on the ending time). I would suggest logging out sometime before 7:30 and then logging in after 7:30 and hopefully you should do it. :)

In other news, Dynamic attractions has a new product called the Circumotion theatre. Its a 360 degree round dome room which rotates, tilts and drops. That seems like a definite possibility to me at least!
They've also stated that "The first CircuMotion Theater will open in 2016." So it could be?

EDIT: They've also stated that the first of their 'Robot Arm Rides' will open in 2016. Could it be that?
It could be possibly similar to the Harry Potter ride in Florida but again wouldn't be a 'world first' idea. What sort of theme do people think it will be (i.e. Family/Adult) Would be interested to know the target audience that TP are looking at. I wouldn't imagine that if this was a scare attraction, this would go down well with families etc.
Aidan Lowe

Well they are marketing as a world first fully immersive psychological attraction aren't they? Obviously Th13teen had its world first free-fall track section but that was marketed as a world first psycho-coaster (whatever that even is).

So its anyone's guess as to why they labeled it a worlds first, my guess is its being marketed as a purely psychological attraction which hasn't been done before rather than a worlds first mechanical/structural feat like we're accustomed with "Worlds First" labeling from Merlin.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
joleyne88

Is anyone still awaiting clue 4....

or is the lack of clue a clue itself...

hmmmm my head hurts lol
Aidan Lowe

We're all still waiting... for anything. It seems all quiet with nothing happening and no word coming from TP.
Dom

I'm sure there is a valid reason as to the delay. Patience is a virtue. :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Thorpe Park have uploaded the next clue video to Youtube, although it seems the MindsWanted site is yet to be updated accordingly. Strangely this seems to fit the Clue 5 description, so it would appear Clue 4 has been forgotten about...

Edit: The site has now been amended, with this becoming the fourth clue, and two clues now due in December. Upon finding the clue you are shown renders of what appears to be parts of the attraction.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
Aidan Lowe

Back when the image of DB was unofficially released there was also a Silent Hill one, abandoned warehouse and now these images, hmmm.
Luce

I know they are only art impressions of the attraction, but if it looks like those in reality then I'm impressed and can't wait to experience it.

Although where the first image fits in I'm not sure - it could be part of a pre-show element I guess but it'll be interesting to find out if these have any place in the final attraction :)
Max

Now we get some good images. Looks to be the baggage hold area with the outdoor queue. The indoor photo is really quite unusual because it has what looks to be an elevator.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Aidan Lowe

If you go to the Silent Hill wiki page here the background image for the page has the same kind of vibe as the structure and also the image of the Cedar Grove Sanitarium has the same kind of entrance on the plans.

And on the wiki page for the movie here the poster has the girl who is unable to speak.

Lionsgate did release Silent Hill: Revelation internationally back in 2012 (planning started 3 years ago?).

To pull off an attraction IP like SH you'd need someone who's good like Derren Brown on board who knows how our minds ticks.

Food for thought maybe?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I believe Thorpe released the Silent Hill image to try and confuse enthusiasts when their Hootsuite account was discovered with Derren Brown teasers on. Remember there was also a Doctor Who graphic, after both of these had been speculated as possible IPs for WC16, so I'm pretty sure this won't be a Silent Hill based attraction.

It has however transpired that at least the interior render isn't original, with it seeming to have come from the Blade Runner game.
Aidan Lowe

Your investigation skills never cease to amaze me lewis haha.. finding that exact image pretty much.

Probably true, either way its bringing some excitement back now something else to go on.
Dom

This is probably nothing, but the word Bellows actually has a meaning. Its basically an air pump. My parents actually have one.
A bellows or pair of bellows is a device constructed to furnish a strong blast of air. The simplest type consists of a flexible bag comprising a pair of rigid boards with handles joined by flexible leather sides enclosing an approximately airtight cavity which can be expanded and contracted by operating the handles, and fitted with a valve allowing air to fill the cavity when expanded, and with a tube through which the air is forced out in a stream when the cavity is compressed.[1] It has many applications, in particular blowing on a fire to supply it with air.

Hand-made English fireplace bellows
The term "bellows" is used by extension for a flexible bag whose volume can be changed by compression or expansion, but not used to deliver air. For example, the light-tight (but not airtight) bag allowing the distance between the lens and film of a folding photographic camera to be varied is called a bellows.
JonDoesTT

My dad said the exact same thing, that one image is clearly from Blade Runner. Hopefully that's not the IP, if there is one.

Also, this light found on the mind gap is the same as some found in those images.

There were other images of these lights too, with the caption 'THE SECRET IS A DARK ONE BUT I WON’T LEAVE YOU BLIND. HERE ARE SOME GUIDING LIGHTS BUT WHERE WILL YOU FIND THEM?'. It might be nothing, but it shows they've been showing us images of the inside of the attraction from the start.

Credit to NemesisRider
DanLthorpe

so 4th clue is out...any ideas what to do?
Aidan Lowe

so 4th clue is out...any ideas what to do?
Its simply a case of watching the video again to get the URL clue 'bellows'. http://www.mindswanted.co.uk/bellows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going back to the Silent Hill thing, those arrow sequences are called Konami Codes & Silent Hill is done by yep, Konami.

Again its probably me looking too much into it but what with Lionsgate doing a movie of SH as well as the IPs at Thorpe Park already & with Konami doing the games & their codes featuring in the marketing for WC16 it just seems to be strange they both coincide with Thorpe Park.

Can you imagine a Scare Maze based on Silent Hill with those nurses?! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; creepy!
Sawboss

Would be bareable based on the first film, the second one... not so much.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I'm unsure why there's still speculation over the attraction's IP. It has been announced that Derren Brown is heavily involved with it, and is producing an otherwise original concept.
TheBeast

Whilst this may sound like a stupid question, how do you do the clues? I understood the method you solve no.2 because you needed to interact with the macro but i dont get the vid clues
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Aidan Lowe

Just because he is involved in the creation of the experience doesn't necessarily mean its completely a Derren Brown IP. Hardly anything has been revealed regarding this project except the fact Thorpe Park went to Derren for his creative talents for illusion, showmanship & tricking the human mind.