Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Capt.Barnacles

As I was hoping, Thorpe Park are teaming up with IMAscore for the WC16 soundtrack! Should be a good one!

http://www.imascore.com/en/english-thor ... ction-2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aidan Lowe

Well that's one blessing with this development at least :) glad to hear it.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A short clip has emerged of Derren Brown discussing WC16.

Interestingly he starts off by saying "Attraction. I wouldn't say ride. It kind of is but it sort of isn't", so that may give some hint towards the type of hardware we'll be seeing. It's also quite prevalent how involved Derren actually is in the creation of this, with him talking about how Merlin approached him pretty much at the start of the creative process and giving him a fair amount of freedom to come up with something.
xylyx

That was very interesting, lots of little teases and intrigue.....wanted to strangle the interviewer though, he kept talking over Derrin just as he was about to get a little more detail out....grrrr
JammyBand

Who did the theming for The Swarm and Saw:The Ride?
Capt.Barnacles

I can't say for certain about The Swarm, but some of Saw's theming are props donated by Lionsgate themselves, as I believe they stepped in when they saw the theming plans and said something along the lines of 'no chance, if you're using our theme, you're doing it right', and took over and added some stuff in like the props and drawings. I THINK even down to the pendulum blades in the indoor ride portion, one of them is the blade from the trap in Saw 5 (This is remembering back to Southern Screamer's behind the scenes tour so it might be sketchy, not guaranteed).
MerlinFan

Wow - I never knew that!
TH14TEEN

So WC16 is more likely to be a walkthrough attraction from that?
Aidan Lowe

Considering its a 13 minute experience as some have said before think of it like a Hex style attraction.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ladyofthelake

TH14TEEN wrote:So WC16 is more likely to be a walkthrough attraction from that?
It won't be a walkthrough attraction as the plans clearly show a baggage hold as well as a station area for guests to board ride vehicles. There would be no need for either of these if it was a walkthrough. There is a pre-show indicated on plans which I expect you will walk through prior to handing your bags in and boarding the ride.
TH14TEEN

Possibly a mixture of hex and an actual ride. Trackless possibly, or something much more thrilling?
Chaz

Just something that came up in my newsfeed this morning:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liam.W

Chaz wrote:Just something that came up in my newsfeed this morning:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exactly what Lewis put on earlier :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Chaz

smileradvocate1 wrote:Exactly what Lewis put on earlier :lol
Oh God damn, sorry.
alicheesy

Derren's on The One Show at the moment
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Rita Fan

Wow. Derrens being quite secretive about the project
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Liam.W

alicheesy wrote:Derren's on The One Show at the moment
As said previously he did a radio show too and im glad he is been very secretive while been truthful about what's happening at the same time. I would hate it if he was going round broadcasting loads of stuff about what it's gonna be and all that stuff to get publicity. In my eyes, keeping the GP guessing is better publicity
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Rita Fan

What interests me is that when he was asked if it was a ride, he made a sort of high pitched, consideration noise. I think you know what I mean. I usually take that sign as a it kind of is and kind of isn't. Sorry I can't remember if he did say that on air, but his appearance has really hyped me up for this project.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Morgan

In my opinion, Derren Brown saying "it's not a ride" is trying to convince the GP it's not a roller-coaster. Not many people know what a dark-ride is, so it would be quite hard to market.
"New Derren Brown dark-ride for 2016"
"That's a coaster in the dark, innit?"
Owen

I don't really think the GP have assumed that - just that there is a big building being built in the middle if the park. The ride will be an'experience' as opposed to a 'ride', I think that's all Derren may have had going through his head - we know that this is going to be a ride of some type due to the plans labelling a station! ;)