Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chaz

I don't think we should just give out the clues easily (defeating the point of the game) but I guess we could expand on the clues TP give...

1) Watch the video, namely the clock. Maybe you have to login at a particular time?
2) You were right with the arrows, find the clown again (it should stick your clue).
3) Again, you were correct. Try adding those 3 words into a URL of sorts.

Enjoy :)
Lozza0212

Hi I've got the clown , the two worded clues and I see you but my progress hasn't updated ? Is there more am I missing something ? X
YorkshireLass

[Progress not updating]

Just in case anyone else has the same issue with the clues, my progress wasn't updating when I got to Kenny. I was using my mobile. I logged in on my computer and it shows clues 1, 2 and 3 all complete.
Owen

Hi everyone!

Just to keep clues out of this topic I have created a clue topic (includes spoilers) for those who are struggling with clues, just to keep it out of this topic! You can find the topic here.
steelo

Hi all, just my 2p's worth, I think the new ride will somehow remove one of the senses, inflicting some sort of fear. Just like in a dream when you try to run from something but can't move or if you were to scream but no sound comes out. The brain in a jar also makes me think that you will leave the ride feeling like you have no control over your thoughts - the tag line was something along the lines of "you'll never see anything the same again". Seems pretty terrifying to me!
Lozza0212

Thanks for that , have we got any idea how often clues are available to find ?
MerlinFan

When you hover the mouse over the next clue on your progress bar (next one with a question mark on it should now be clue 4 if you've got them all so far) it tells you when to expect the next clue. It says Clue 4 will be mid November.
Bex021

So iv completed clue 2 and 3 which have shown up as completed but I can't get clue 1iv done the arrows and iv tried doing the arrows at 7.30 with no joy.
I found the 2 messages but not sure what I'm doing wrong can any one give me a hand.
Lozza0212

Really not sure seems like uve done everything right , thanks for that I hovered over just before lol brill ta X it's very exciting lol shame we have to wait till mid Nov X
Aidan Lowe

Bex021 wrote:So iv completed clue 2 and 3 which have shown up as completed but I can't get clue 1iv done the arrows and iv tried doing the arrows at 7.30 with no joy.
I found the 2 messages but not sure what I'm doing wrong can any one give me a hand.
You watch the first teaser video at 7:30.

As for keeping clues out of the topic, is it really that concerning to have them here? Sure it's a bit of brain activity but you'll always have people ending up asking what they are plus its not as if its super exciting anyway, besides the clues are easy to figure out so far.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
thorpeDude

Has anyone seen this?
http://airgates.co.uk/2015/10/26/thorpe ... riticisms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NemesisLyd

Hi - long time reader, finally bothered to join (mainly because I sneak peeks at work, but cant justify replying lol)

With the potential for London Underground...it does remind me of the horro film 'Creep':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381966/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm at Thorpe tomorrow taking my rabble of Girl Guides...intrigued by this now, although not usually a big Derren fan...
Rita Fan

Pay no attention to it. They probably want attention
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Owen

thorpeDude wrote:Has anyone seen this?
http://airgates.co.uk/2015/10/26/thorpe ... riticisms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, this has been discussed and has been determined likely to be fake :)
Owen

Taken from my FRIGHT NIGHTS review that can be found here.
Owen wrote:WC16 Construction Update

WC16 is coming along VERY nicely and is drawing a tonne of attention. The newest Derren Brown announcement video was playing both at the entrance and in The Dome. Below are some construction images from the 29/10/15. These show that the rest of the frame work for the building front has been erected.

Showing new steel work

stealthsmiler

I have to admit. I'm not as excited for this ride as I was. Will deffo give it a try but it's not really my thing. Hopefully I will enjoy it and it will be better than I expect but I'm not really into magicians and illusions etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Some construction photos taken earlier on by Thrill Nation. More of the cladding is now on the main building structure, whilst the brickwork for the lower part of the building at the front is starting to be built.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
Rita Fan

Sorry if this question is in the wrong topic, but why are Thorpe park now relying on Scruffy Dog to make their theming for their attractions? Please don't shoot me down if I posted this in the wrong topic.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Owen

it will come down to many factors, cost, quality and longevity. Scruffy Dog seem to provide this and so they use them to make scenery items :)

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Owen on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rita Fan

:D Cheers Owen