Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
themealgang

Is there any indication on who's supplying the ride system yet? We've had no indication of as yet which is quite surprising considering we are near the end of the season.
Dan

themealgang wrote:Is there any indication on who's supplying the ride system yet? We've had no indication of as yet which is quite surprising considering we are near the end of the season.
We don't even know what the ride system will be yet, let alone who is manufacturing it.

I'm sure all will be revealed over the coming months.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Something that was noted by a TPM member is that Merlin also filed for the trademark Chronicles of New York in America, around the same time that Chronicles of London was filed in Europe. You can view the trademark here.

Therefore it looks as though 'Chronicles' could be some form of new midway brand, which I believe Nick Varney has previously alluded to, rather than the name of WC16. That could potentially mean that Automatons will be the name of Thorpe's 2016 attraction. Although trademarks for Galactica and Intergalactic have been filed for recently, I don't really see these fitting with the theme which has been hinted at so far.
xylyx

They have put some kind of sheeting around the back of the ribcage that defines the tunnel, is that some kind of reinforcement?
dazza4783

lewis97 wrote:Something that was noted by a TPM member is that Merlin also filed for the trademark Chronicles of New York in America, around the same time that Chronicles of London was filed in Europe. You can view the trademark here.

Therefore it looks as though 'Chronicles' could be some form of new midway brand, which I believe Nick Varney has previously alluded to, rather than the name of WC16. That could potentially mean that Automatons will be the name of Thorpe's 2016 attraction. Although trademarks for Galactica and Intergalactic have been filed for recently, I don't really see these fitting with the theme which has been hinted at so far.
Automatons seems like a likely theme for the ride. If automatons are human-like robots then Minds would be wanted to make these robots sentient. Sounds like something out of an episode of Doctor Who so i'm still guessing that this could be using Doctor Who as the IP.
Vladimir Bobinski

themealgang wrote:Is there any indication on who's supplying the ride system yet? We've had no indication of as yet which is quite surprising considering we are near the end of the season.
If I was forced to make an early bet, I'd say a Mack Suspended. The internal structure of what we've seen so far reminds me a lot of Arthur and Europa Park. I haven't seen enough to be convinced of anything yet mind.
xylyx wrote:They have put some kind of sheeting around the back of the ribcage that defines the tunnel, is that some kind of reinforcement?
To early to say, some times you build a building with a building, so that you can modify it, maintain at and never worry about exposing it to the outside elements. so the intended shape of the ride building itself. If it's not that it is going to be for ride purpose/effect, The bars almost look like led lighting strips, but far to zoomed out to see any detail.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

So mindswanted.co.uk looks to have a few new sections. There's the About section with text we've seen before, but also another called Mind Gap which has several teaser posts dating back to July 8th.

I'd say the most intriguing is the following from September 9th:
The secret is a dark one but I won’t leave you blind. Here are some guiding lights but where will you find them?
Unlock all the answers and you could be first in line for the ride of a lifetime. You’d be out of your mind to miss it... Coming to Thorpe Park in 2016.
JammyBand

That is incredibly interesting. I wonder if you can find those light features in Saw:The Ride or something like that? Or maybe in a film or something?
Ryan.B

Hmm? This seems interesting, there seems to be a lot of usage of lights...
Luce

I agree, it's very intriguing as to what the clues could mean and the use of lights kind of reminds me of the saying "lights,camera action" :) So, if a film tie in was going to happen, this might explain it. Of course it's just speculation but will be interesting to find out the actual theme :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

So after a quick search of google using the more recent teaser image, it turns out the eye is just a stock image, so I wouldn't bother looking too much into what you can 'see' in it.

Dom

By doing what you did with the eye, the lamps come up as industrial sconce lighting
abigsmurf

Man, being a web developer really spoils these things, makes finding secrets way too easy.

Also looks like most of the hidden things they've put in are placeholders, can't imagine a video from 2013 contains many hints.

Won't give away too much of what I've found until it looks like it's ready and the content's in place (especially as there could be some sort of competition).

10:09 may or may not be important.
Ryan.B

abigsmurf wrote:Man, being a web developer really spoils these things, makes finding secrets way too easy.

Also looks like most of the hidden things they've put in are placeholders, can't imagine a video from 2013 contains many hints.

Won't give away too much of what I've found until it looks like it's ready and the content's in place (especially as there could be some sort of competition).

10:09 may or may not be important.
This post has confused me :?
Cobby

This is something I've just thought of but if it is a movie theme could it be The Host related. The film is based off the book by Stephenie Meyer, author of twilight, as the book/film is about an alien race that wipes out the minds of humans and turns their bodies into hosts for the aliens.The only bit that would support this is the fact it's been considered the islands dark secret.The other thing is that I didn't think the film was that successful.I don't know but what does everybody else think?

More information on The Host

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Host_(2013_film)
abigsmurf

Ryan.B wrote:This post has confused me :?
tldr: there's a bunch of hidden code that's been disabled (and one piece that's active) that looks like it's designed to display messages and a video. This code will probably be made active and the video they've specified replace with the real video some point soon.

The time comes from a 'hidden' image of a stopwatch that's on the page.
dazza4783

Mind gap, pretty close to "Mind the gap" which would suggest that the theme has something to do with the London Underground. Also I think that industrial lighting is also used down there.
Ryan.B

With the structure of the tunnel like thing, it looks like two underground "tunnels" could fit down there, and the ride starts at the upper level, so does the underground. Could we be getting in a 'lift' like on sub terra or down an escalator, then to board a type of vehicle.
Dr_emmett_brown

dazza4783 wrote:Mind gap, pretty close to "Mind the gap" which would suggest that the theme has something to do with the London Underground. Also I think that industrial lighting is also used down there.
Exactly what I thought when I first saw the website. Could Project Whitechapel have anything to do with Whitechapel Station? Whatever this turns out to be, I have to say i'm intrigued...
COASTERGENICS

dazza4783 wrote:Mind gap, pretty close to "Mind the gap" which would suggest that the theme has something to do with the London Underground. Also I think that industrial lighting is also used down there.
relating to having a ride vehicle, could this fit with a dynamic attractions immersive transporter?
here's some info on the immersive transporter...
http://www.dynamicattractions.com/produ ... ansporter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
full credit for signature to NemesisRider!