Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
paige

Am I wrong in thinking that the next big development was pushed back a year due to Thorpe Shark?
bensaund

I am all for development of on site accommodation, however due to the high price I would never use it so for me I'd they class any big investment as a hotel/accommodation, as a waste of money to me.
Momoffour

I still think it might be a lazer ride. That gets my vote :) :)
TheBeast

paige wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that the next big development was pushed back a year due to Thorpe Shark?
No you are right- usually there is a three year scheme
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
ryan8741

TheBeast wrote:
paige wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that the next big development was pushed back a year due to Thorpe Shark?
Really? All this hype and it could be to do with the hotel!?!?!
^ Credit to Lewis97
^Credit to NemesisRider

Rollercoasters are all you need in life...
paige

ryan8741 wrote:
TheBeast wrote:

No, this 'big development' was originally intended to appear this year, but due to the developments with Thorpe Shark etc. It has been pushed back a year.

It was originally rumoured to be a coaster, but now it's evident that a dark ride of sorts is what we'll be seeing.
sw7nutter

A very technical dark ride at that. A 3m pit the size of the building for mantince. Maybe some of that space but more likely it will store electronics/servers. Also some of this building is 15m tall, could contain some thrilling elements. 13's indoor drop isn't that tall it's something like 7m. Just some food for thought.
awsomelycoolboy

ryan8741 wrote:
TheBeast wrote:
paige wrote:

No, this 'big development' was originally intended to appear this year, but due to the developments with Thorpe Shark etc. It has been pushed back a year.

It was originally rumoured to be a coaster, but now it's evident that a dark ride of sorts is what we'll be seeing.
Haha. I actually stayed in the Shark for fright nights 2014 and it was brilliant. Am I right in thinking they were converted shipping containers? They were so comfy... Anyway. To my point. Would a hotel really affect a new ride being built THAT much?
sw7nutter

The shark hotel delayed it because it's in the new coasters spot. The new permanent hotel is going to cost a lot so as a result they can't invest in a ride until they have made there money back.
TheBeast

Shark hotel is due to stay til 2021 isnt it?
sw7nutter

Parts of it are staying until 2021. They are not allowed that many rooms on site when the hotel opens so its assumed that parts of the shark hotel will be removed and be a cheaper alternative to the hotel when that partially opens in 2019 (i think) with the hotel being fully finished in 2021 when the shark hotel will be forced to leave. Unless they can negoitate more rooms in the next mtdp which is 2018 i think.
TheBeast

Its either 2018 or 2019- personally I thought 19 tbh but it isn't such a major problem
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Our article that we released when the plans were submitted states that it's due to open in Spring 2018 :)
TheBeast

I meant the mtdp, thanks anyway though Lewis! ;)
scottwsmith

This Attraction just Screams The Walking Dead...but what do I know:')
TheBeast

Walking Dead, is it Lionsgate?

I can see a walking dead attraction being a walkthrough more than a ride in my opinion, but it is just my opinion
Danny

If it's walking dead themed, which is possible as they included that in last years poll, then it would most probably be a dark later shooter ride, which by the sounds of it, no one really wants.
scottwsmith

TheBeast wrote:Walking Dead, is it Lionsgate?

I can see a walking dead attraction being a walkthrough more than a ride in my opinion, but it is just my opinion
I think it's AMC, I know what you mean though...I even think they have walkthrough experiences in USA;)
sw7nutter

Something to note is that this ride has a lot of space for "maintenance". Personally i think that a portion of this space is the technical gear running this thing. Which thinking about it makes sense. Its either going to need servers to keep track of your score (possible but overkill on the space) or something to run AGV's like verkomas new dark ride type. That set up would require lots of computing power (as shown in the design). All of which needs to be kept in close proximity to the track so best place for that would be under it. The current plans have exactly that. I think we are looking at an automated guided vehicle system. Maybe not from verkoma but It would meet the new ride type.

As for IP lionsgate would be more logical but really it could be anything.
TheBeast

sw7nutter wrote:As for IP lionsgate would be more logical but really it could be anything.
Hence why I asked- In my opinion that is their best option.

The maintenance section may be a storage container for other things like food, or it could be a shop extention for future years. I severely doubt it is really a maintenance section