Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RollercoasterGEEK100

So I was board and thought I'd do what I think could be a possible layout for a B&M Hyper for the Island next to The Swarm but it would have to go through ground work through 2014 and 15 season...

Stats would possibly be...
Height: 200ft
Length: 4000-5000ft
Speed: 70-75mph
Trains: 2-3, 8 cars per train
Ride time: 2:50 estimate

Someone can work out rides per hour as i really cant be asked...

Heres a map of it i produced... Its messy but oh well...

SuperWill

Oh how I would love to see a B&M Hyper at Thorpe! It would be awesome! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
SwEDEN

I will be SO annoyed if we get ANOTHER B&M...... -_-
Georgie

Why? There's a reason the company is reveared as the best in the industry. They make great, smooth rides yet still have variety between each ride. Look at Nemesis and Air. They're both B&M coasters and they both have thier trains situated below the track yet they still provide different experiences. If we do get another B&M, expect it to be completely different from both The Swarm and Inferno. I don't see the problem. Would you rather get an ultra smooth B&M ride or one with the same layout but made neckbreaking down the years like SAW and Collosus?
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Dom

I think they should go with a B&M either a Floorless or a Hyper coaster. I think either could be a great addition to Thorpe Park
NickiFan

I'd love to see a mack mega coaster, like the storm at Ethnaland, would be great for Thorpe Park.
RCandrew

As far as B&Ms variety goes, my girlfriends all time favourite ride is Nemesis and we rode it 3 times in a row, yet she made me go on Air myself because she was scared... Every rollercoaster is different, B&M just make ones with an amazing experience :)
Danny

I think that this is the year that it's rumoured AT, TP and Chessington to be getting a new ride, and I'd expect AT will be getting a B&M, so I could see it being a visit from intamin or MACK for Thorpe in 2016.
awsomelycoolboy

DannyG wrote:I think that this is the year that it's rumoured AT, TP and Chessington to be getting a new ride, and I'd expect AT will be getting a B&M, so I could see it being a visit from intamin or MACK for Thorpe in 2016.
Erm.... No. AT have just had The Smiler and they wouldn't open up loads of rides as mentioned above. Some people only go to a theme park once a year. All those park are owned by Merlin. I don't think they are going to make a huge investment in one year for 3 parks.. Although nothing is impossible, but it is highly unlikely.
Danny

awsomelycoolboy wrote:
DannyG wrote:I think that this is the year that it's rumoured AT, TP and Chessington to be getting a new ride, and I'd expect AT will be getting a B&M, so I could see it being a visit from intamin or MACK for Thorpe in 2016.
Erm.... No. AT have just had The Smiler and they wouldn't open up loads of rides as mentioned above. Some people only go to a theme park once a year. All those park are owned by Merlin. I don't think they are going to make a huge investment in one year for 3 parks.. Although nothing is impossible, but it is highly unlikely.
What's highly unlikely?
Alex

That they would all get new roller coasters in the same year
Danny

I'm saying Thorpe and AT which isn't all of them.
118hazaman

Surely, sticking to a coaster every 3 years like both parks have done in the recent years, there will be a major coaster at Thorpe Park in 2015, and a major coaster at Alton Towers in 2016.
Danny

If Thorpe was getting a coaster next year we would've known something about it by now. Planing permission would have surfaced along with many rumours, it has been out back a year, possibly due to the money going in to accommodation :)
118hazaman

So does that mean a 2016 coaster for Thorpe Park and a 2017 coaster for Alton Towers, ensuring that they don't compete with each other?
Jared

DannyG wrote:If Thorpe was getting a coaster next year we would've known something about it by now. Planing permission would have surfaced along with many rumours, it has been out back a year, possibly due to the money going in to accommodation :)
Thorpes coaster addition has been pushed back 2 years. So 2017. It states so in the planning documents for their version of a hotel.
awsomelycoolboy

You know... It's not impossible for a theme park to open a coaster then open another one the next year... It happened with colossus and inferno. Colossus opened in 2002 then inferno opened in 2003.
Dan

awsomelycoolboy wrote:You know... It's not impossible for a theme park to open a coaster then open another one the next year... It happened with colossus and inferno. Colossus opened in 2002 then inferno opened in 2003.
That was when Tussauds owned Thorpe. They added numerous attractions over a very short space of time.

You're right it's not impossible, just very improbable given the history of the company running the place.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Rollercoasters don't draw in the same level of guests that they used to, as they are no longer that much of an exclusive attraction to have, which is why parks such as Alton Towers always look to market a coaster with a "world's first". Also, parks will now tend to wait 3/4 between major investments to recuperate their money, and Merlin certainly won't open a coaster at Thorpe and Alton in the same year as that will cause unwanted competition within itself.
sw7nutter

A good coaster will always bring large crowds, but there hasnt really been any good coasters in the UK for years. The closest we have got is the smiler but apart from that the uk hasnt seen any world class coasters since colossus back in 2002 (even then thats only just world class). If merlin want to draw in the crowds then they need to be more american with a touch of disney. Not every ride needs a stupid gimick. They just need a good ride time, good air time and a few high and low Gs and some decent unique themeing.