Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Senator wrote:
dominoes wrote: Well there are the plans to discuss...
It's the one on the left

Is the plan defo?
I think they're showing a brief idea of whats going to happen but that bridge between The Swarm island and the possible 2015 coaster site is already there so that must mean something?

Credit to NemesisRider
sw7nutter

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
Senator wrote:
dominoes wrote: Well there are the plans to discuss...
It's the one on the left

Is the plan defo?
I think they're showing a brief idea of whats going to happen but that bridge between The Swarm island and the possible 2015 coaster site is already there so that must mean something?
The ride on the left was another design for swarm, you can tell because it has the same drop, however I imagine the layout of the left island has remained similar just a different coaster design.
Last edited by sw7nutter on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Danny

Well by looking a those plans, if they were the ones Thorpe were going with, the woodie and hyper are not contenders for that layout. Maybe it's a flying coaster with a Nemmy Inferno drop but steeper and that's why it looks like the inverted drop?
Last edited by Danny on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

The woodie was never planned to go there, that was going to be somewhere in the region of Loggers Leap. As said above that was one of the possible layouts for The Swarm so whatever will be going on that island won't look like that.
Last edited by Alex on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

Ready_23 wrote: The woodie was never planned to go there, that was going to be somewhere in the region of Loggers Leap. As said above that was one of the possible layouts for The Swarm so whatever will be going on that island won't look like that.
Yeah, the woodie would have been where Saw: The Ride is now.
Such a shame it didn't get built!
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
RollercoasterGEEK100

Hyper, giga, megalite, idc just want airtime now and something to make the skyline look, idk amazing

Credit to NemesisRider
Luce

Personally, I already think the Thorpe skyline is impressive, however whatever new coaster the park puts in, I'm sure it will enhance it :)
Senator

I don't think Thorpe Park will get a hyper ot giga coaster because they have stealth. Maybe a standup coaster or a B&M floor less coaster :)

Thanks NickiFan
Owen

sw7nutter wrote:
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
Senator wrote: Is the plan defo?
The ride on the left was another design for swarm, you can tell because it has the same drop, however I imagine the layout of the left island has remained similar just a different coaster design.
This is not true.
Coaster 1 is the swarm and as listed in the original photos of this, that was named 'coaster 2 (aka 2015 coaster)' so, IMO they are using an incredibly smart design for the drops, it's scary and trilling, however you get all that excitement/terror from a smaller space of land. If they are planing a woodie it'd be great. But has anyone considered that it is a multi launcher? That may be an incline, not a drop so you are going up a half loop and down a drop straight after? And the other very straight areas another launch? Obviously these plans will change but they will be similar(=a short ride  :().
Furthermore the thing I just described would mirror the swarms drop perfectly, but be the reverse.

I rest my (longwinded) case. 
Senator wrote: I don't think Thorpe Park will get a hyper ot giga coaster because they have stealth. Maybe a standup coaster or a B&M floor less coaster :)
Why? All these American theme parks have lots of huge coasters (granted it is America) but why should Stealth stop them from going higher? I mean, I'm guessing when the 300ft height restrictions is applied in 2018 the 2018/19 coaster will surely be taller than Shambhala, just because thorpe is merlin only true 'scream park' or 'thrill park' as p, not being funny, it's not particularly family friendly, for rides I mean ;). C'mon even if they get a B&M version of the big one, I'll be happy :D
Last edited by Owen on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamTP

Thrillmad wrote:
sw7nutter wrote:
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: I think they're showing a brief idea of whats going to happen but that bridge between The Swarm island and the possible 2015 coaster site is already there so that must mean something?
This is not true.
Coaster 1 is the swarm and as listed in the original photos of this, that was named 'coaster 2 (aka 2015 coaster)' so, IMO they are using an incredibly smart design for the drops, it's scary and trilling, however you get all that excitement/terror from a smaller space of land. If they are planing a woodie it'd be great. But has anyone considered that it is a multi launcher? That may be an incline, not a drop so you are going up a half loop and down a drop straight after? And the other very straight areas another launch? Obviously these plans will change but they will be similar(=a short ride  :().
Furthermore the thing I just described would mirror the swarms drop perfectly, but be the reverse.

I rest my (longwinded) case. 
Senator wrote: I don't think Thorpe Park will get a hyper ot giga coaster because they have stealth. Maybe a standup coaster or a B&M floor less coaster :)
Why? All these American theme parks have lots of huge coasters (granted it is America) but why should Stealth stop them from going higher? I mean, I'm guessing when the 300ft height restrictions is applied in 2018 the 2018/19 coaster will surely be taller than Shambhala, just because thorpe is merlin only true 'scream park' or 'thrill park' as p, not being funny, it's not particularly family friendly, for rides I mean ;). C'mon even if they get a B&M version of the big one, I'll be happy :D

Is the 300ft height restriction in 2018 actually happening????? Or is it just speculation???
sw7nutter

I've not heard of any height restrictions being lifted in 2018. Not to say they wont happen but when you have stupid limits on length of coasters 300ft is pretty useless until your allowed more than 900m.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
ponder

Another woodie post from Thorpe Park's Facebook account yesterday. They certainly seem keen to get public feedback on Intamin pre-fabs...

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
themealgang

Has anybody else noticed that the feedback on the woodie posts has been extremely positive?

The enthusiasts must make up for a very small amount of traffic on Thorpe's Facebook page so these responses are encouraging. I think they are definitely looking at an airtime monster compared to a very average inverting ride which is good to see. Lets hope they take a risk. Something like Balder would suit Thorpe superbly.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jack

I personally hope that if they get a woody, they do something like Outlaw Run (with a different theme) I mean, how awesome does OR look? And it could work well as an apocalyptically themed coaster :D
Last edited by Jack on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeanGaryCox

jackandylan123 wrote: I personally hope that if they get a woody, they do something like Outlaw Run (with a different theme) I mean, how awesome does OR look? And it could work well as an apocalyptically themed coaster :D
I don't really like the idea of apocalyptic, well because of The Swarm... I doubt it's possible, but would love an RMC woodie set over and around the lake by Loggers Leap. A woodie would fit perfectly into a Canadian theme, which is already there, and was good, but could do with that extra kick!
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
lf2001

I do hope they add a woodie next, or sometime soon. Would be nice instead of some big B&M or whatever.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Well I really hope it is in 2015 because i read on some website (can't remember the name) it might be delayed till 2017, but don't thorpe park usually do a medium term investment before a coaster, like Storm surge before The Swarm, Angry birds land before 2015 coaster??
DeanGaryCox

Unfortunately it's almost certain that the new coaster will not be in 2015, maybe not even 2016...that 3 year structure doesn't have to be kept to, it's just something they have had since saw in 2009 - it will just be dependant on what budget they're given and what they can do with it... in terms of existing rides with their expected life left, and space available, it's not viable to build a new rollercoaster every 3 years - i'd like to see them put bigger investment into other things as well like a dark ride and some thrill rides which they would have space for.
BenBowser

Should the Saw contract run out, then I think It's re-theme will be the 2015 addition, which lets be honest, isn't great. But it is a possibility.
DeanGaryCox

Well apparently there's another Saw movie being made (?)... and with Thorpe's Lionsgate link with Fright Nights etc. I doubt we'll see the Saw IP going anywhere just yet!