Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
TB2

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: So yea, and this is to do with the 2015 coaster. What theme should thorpe park have, they have has so many depressing ones in the past, they need one to brighten it up. Any suggestions?
Themed around clowns and rainbows. Definitly.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Dingerbell

The problem is, bright and happy themes don't work with thrilling coasters. Would Nemesis be the same if it was called Fluffy Bunnies or Happy Unicorn. No, it just sounds :censored:
JoeGibbon

I'm going to call Nemesis Fluffy Bunnies from now on:D
CoasterCrazyChris

Dingerbell wrote: The problem is, bright and happy themes don't work with thrilling coasters. Would Nemesis be the same if it was called Fluffy Bunnies or Happy Unicorn. No, it just sounds :censored:
It depends what you mean by "happy" themes.

There is no doubt that Stealth at Thorpe Park is a thrill coaster and that has an upbeat 50s racing theme. OK, it wasn't pulled off anywhere near as well as it could have been but the theme still works well.

:)
Dingerbell

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
Dingerbell wrote: The problem is, bright and happy themes don't work with thrilling coasters. Would Nemesis be the same if it was called Fluffy Bunnies or Happy Unicorn. No, it just sounds :censored:
It depends what you mean by "happy" themes.

There is no doubt that Stealth at Thorpe Park is a thrill coaster and that has an upbeat 50s racing theme. OK, it wasn't pulled off anywhere near as well as it could have been but the theme still works well.

:)
Stealth may be fairly happy (and possibly Colossus), but the others are themed to be scary. The same occurs at AT. Generally, the scarier the ride, the scarier the theme.
Jammydodger

I think the thing with Thorpe is that their themes are more realistic. Yeah obviously aliens aren't real, but the area isn't exactly full of hovering fire trucks or high tech military equipment that doesn't exist in real life.
Whereas at Alton you've got places like Dark Forest, which is obviously based on an out of this world concept. Or more recently, Sub-Terra which is full of campy over the top high tech equipment.

I just don't think some high fantasy world with say a dragon attacking a city would work at Thorpe.

Personally I think it'd be cool to see something unlike any park before. There's loads of options out there to experiment with, and I hate to say it but Thorpe are probably one of the few parks with  a) the funding and b) the balls, to experiment.
RollercoasterGEEK100

JoeGibbon wrote: I'm going to call Nemesis Fluffy Bunnies from now on:D
LOL NOW!

Credit to NemesisRider
RustyRider

I just do not believe that nine inversions will happen. This is because, Thorpe Park are 10 inversions behind the inversions record of 32 (Six Flags Magic Mountain), therefore to go for the gimmick and bragging rights, they would need 11- possibly needing 2 or 3 coasters.

Last edited by RustyRider on Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Adam James

If Thorpe Park got a woodie (either GCI or Gravity Group) near the Dome, it would certainly encourage my first visit since 1997.

...but then again, what are the chances :lol:.
Jared

Adam James wrote: If Thorpe Park got a woodie (either GCI or Gravity Group) near the Dome, it would certainly encourage my first visit since 1997.

Fairly high, but to be honest, from what I gathered when I worked there, the parks development manager absolutely loved Maverick and the whole "Blitz-Coaster" concept from Intamin, so maybe that'll be they're next move?
AstroDan

Adam James wrote: If Thorpe Park got a woodie (either GCI or Gravity Group) near the Dome, it would certainly encourage my first visit since 1997.

Sorry, WHAT!? You haven't been to Thorpe Park since 1997?!

Why on earth not?

*is shocked*
RollercoasterGEEK100

Thorpe's guests are not all chavs. So if I went with my mum would she be a chav? I don't think so.

I think the 2015 coaster then is a Blitz, MegaLite or B&M mega.
Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider
Dingerbell

I personally hope for a B&M hyper or a MegaLite- as the airtime is much needed by Thorpe, although I wouldn't mind a Blitz either. A woodie is the best option though, I really hope that happens- but that's really hoping and not thinking it'll actually happen.
Last edited by Dingerbell on Thu May 24, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James

If any of you have issues with other members spelling, grammar and punctuation than can you please click the 'Flag Post' button, instead of adding nothing to the discussion.

Thanks.
Alex.D

the MTDP says that this coaster ccan be up to 850m long and have a maximum of 9 loops.
it definitely won't have any more than 6 loops as it would be to close to colossus' record so it will either be a woody (GCI or gravity group),or a 3-5 looping coaster made by B&M.
or a hyper.there is also a chance that it could be a worlds first...
:-k
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
SwEDEN

What are the chances that the woodie not used for saw the ride as the 2009 coaster, could be the 2015 coaster?
badboi787

SwEDEN wrote: What are the chances that the woodie not used for saw the ride as the 2009 coaster, could be the 2015 coaster?
It's very unlikely since Merlin doesn't really like woodies.
Fragga

With b&m successfully producing their first giga recently I'd keep my fingers crossed for the uk's first 300ft+ coaster but if that's perhaps asking a little too much then bring on a nitro clone please!!!!
ImURNemesis

Sorry to be a pessimist But I get a feeling that Thorpes 2015 will end up just being anougher looper. Thorpes way of doing things! But i'd like to be proven wrong.
SwEDEN

If not a woodie, I would admittedly like an Intamin megalite, or blitz coaster