Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RollercoasterGEEK100

LOL Al, you made me laugh in real. I don't think they'd nuke thorpe to make a woodie. If it is a mega coaster then great because everyone thinks CHAVS always go to thorpe park for INVERSIONS, well they are wrong! I am a thorpe lover. We needs airtime, all we have is colossus and stealth to give us airtime. That little bunnyhop on nemesis inferno on the pre-lift section goves like 0.01 seconds of airtime.

Credit to NemesisRider
JoshC.

BigAl wrote: The one thing that Thorpe doesn't need more of is inversions.

Inversion count:

Colossus= 10
Nemesis Inferno= 4
Saw= 3
Swarm = 4 (or 5 if you count the incline loop like RCDB)

Total coaster inversions = 21 or 22
I believe Swarm 'officially' has 5; that's how it is marketed at least.  Personally, I think classing the inclined loop as an inversion is a bit wooly, but y'know, little things...

The thing is, you look at Thorpe on paper and they have the second largest park wide inversion count in the world, only behind Six Flags Magic Mountain, which currently has 32.  When you compare the sizes and the ages of the parks, it's pretty impressive.  Now, we all know that loads of inversions doesn't make a good ride.  However, imagine the marketability of 'the nation's thrill capital' if it had the most inversion in a park 'IN THE WORLD!!'.  No matter what people say, it would work extremely well for the park to market themselves on a much bigger scale.  And, to be honest, I think it's more than feasible for Thorpe to get to that record in the next, say, 10 years, as long as they head in the direction that they're going. 

I'm not saying an air time filled coaster would be a bad thing; I'd love to see one, and I think there's a fair good chance of one of the next 2 coasters been such a coaster.  However, I won't be surprised when we see another multi-looper make it's way to Thorpe some time soon...
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
Alex.D

coaster ideas:intamin woody,mack coaster like bluefire, or a massive intamin hyper.But being realistic it will most probably be a b&m or a looping coaster of some kind,(a 1% chance of a vekoma)
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Jammydodger

I think the inversion count would be too much effort for them. It would be something they'd have to constantly pursue, and a title that could be snatched away at any point. Then they'll turn to cheap tricks like saying Slammer counts as an inversion for example.

Part of me just wishes they'd blow £20m on an epic dark ride. It doesn't have to be tall, or as intense as nemesis, but placed in a massive, well theme building and have a fair bit of intensity. Hell I'd even settle for an intense version of TH13TEEN if they had the setting for it.
RollercoasterGEEK100

I cannot see there being a darkride. a 13 coaster perhaps, but if they did it would have inversions as thats thorpes way. If they did get a hyper it wouldnt matter cos one ride with out inversions wont kill them. ;D

Credit to NemesisRider
BigAl

A dark coaster would be pointless for 2015 as they have a 50 meter height limit to play around with. When the time comes, I think they should definitely replace X:\ No Way Out with a modern, well-themed dark coaster that's as immersive as it is thrilling.
RollercoasterGEEK100

how many feet is 50meters, is it 180ft?

Credit to NemesisRider
BigAl

50 meters is just over 164ft. That's as far as Thorpe can go for 2015.
Coasteraddict

BigAl wrote: 50 meters is just over 164ft. That's as far as Thorpe can go for 2015.
technically speaking they can go for 300ft as that's their absolute limit, but I doubt that a ride that tall would get passed for another 6/7 years, as Thorpe have already stated they will have a max hight of 165ft to make it easier to get it planned.  :P

Though I suppose something like i305 might get passed as it has little affect on the skyline.
DiogoJ42

Please don't say things like that. Just the thought of Thorpe getting an I305 clone is enough to make me need new underwear! :lol:
BigAl

If Thorpe got something even half as good as I305, that would be brilliant. You'd be surprised at how many people have greyed out on that coaster because of how insanely intense it is! :P
ponder

I'd love a mega / hyper-coaster. B&M or Intamin, I'm not fussed... but would probably lean towards B&M, only because I haven't ridden an Intamin hyper yet ;)

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
RollercoasterGEEK100

Can we talk about some good themes now. Not what type of coaster.

Credit to NemesisRider
SpinballEdders

I have a feeling that coaster is gonna be a Intamin MegaLite.

They have a short height, lots of airtime and look like they don't take up to much space.

Kawasemi at Tobu Zoo Park in Japan. Named one of the best coasters in the world

Whatever the 2015 coaster is, I can't bloody wait for it!

:D
JoshC.

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Can we talk about some good themes now. Not what type of coaster.
Can we talk about anything related to a possible 2015 coaster in the 2015 coaster topic?  Thanks.  :P
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
Dingerbell

SpinballEdders wrote: I have a feeling that coaster is gonna be a Intamin MegaLite.

They have a short height, lots of airtime and look like they don't take up to much space.

Kawasemi at Tobu Zoo Park in Japan. Named one of the best coasters in the world

Whatever the 2015 coaster is, I can't bloody wait for it!

:D
Yeah, I saw that (was top 10 in the Mitch Hawker poll- which I am very suprised at).
However, if Thorpe got one, a bit more length should be added- as it's only about 1:00 long.
RyanY

A mega-lite would be amazing, but if you were to see something like that, it would have to be a custom job and not some off-the-shelf coaster like that mega-lite there and pireten.
James6

The problem with Mega-Lite's isn't length so much as throughput. They get around 800 maximum I think?
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
BigAl

Intamin could easily make a larger, longer custom model for Thorpe Park, give it bigger trains (maybe 8 cars like Goliath at Walibi World) and add a mid-course brake run to allow for another train to get going sooner whilst also giving Thorpe another coaster with a decent length.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Thorpe park will soon get bigger and meaner coaster. Don't you worry guys. They probably got something up there sleves anyway.

Credit to NemesisRider