Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
SpinballEdders

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Dear thorpe park: Extend... Make it like six flags UK.
So you basically want Thorpe Park to become a Amusement Park with parking lot coasters, no scenery and no themeing on its rides?!

](*,)
BigAl

What about something like Goliath at Walibi World?

(that's a damn fine picture right there :P )

Just loose the supports on the lift for I305 ones, swap the chain for a cable lift, use the new Intamin style track (like I305) and create trains similar to those on Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland:

RollercoasterGEEK100

SpinballEdders wrote:
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Dear thorpe park: Extend... Make it like six flags UK.
So you basically want Thorpe Park to become a Amusement Park with parking lot coasters, no scenery and no themeing on its rides?!

](*,)
Not a parking lot!? I mean just big rides. Not car park coasters! They are hideous.

Credit to NemesisRider
Ritadz

Having ridden Goliath back in 2009, I can safely say a coaster similar to that would be amazing at Thorpe. :)

Although I would prefer a monster GCI. ;)
BigAl

Ritadz wrote: Although I would prefer a monster GCI. ;)
Wouldn't we all! :P
RollercoasterGEEK100

:P
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: \:D/Image I could see this in thorpe park.
Behemoth

Credit to NemesisRider
Coasteraddict

BigAl wrote: What about something like Goliath at Walibi World?

(that's a damn fine picture right there :P )

Just loose the supports on the lift for I305 ones, swap the chain for a cable lift, use the new Intamin style track (like I305) and create trains similar to those on Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland:

§

Like i said ealier ;) Granted the Youtube link failed me but :( Plus it's only 150ft so would fit like a glove if they added 15ft to reach max hight another air hill on the out bit and a few more on the way back. Would be fab <333333

I doubt we'll see a hyper at Thorpe anytime soon though, just doesn't seem like the sort of thing management likes, as they're still adding inversions and total inversions is already second to SFMM.  :x
BigAl

Unfortunately, a coaster such as Behemoth is 230ft tall. Thorpe can only build up to 50 meters (just over 164ft) for this next coaster.
RollercoasterGEEK100

I wanna know why they have height restrictions. People dont live that near. TBH you can only see the rides from the M25 and M3.

Credit to NemesisRider
Ritadz

BigAl wrote: Thorpe can only build up to 50 meters (just over 164ft) for this next coaster.
Which is more than enough height needed to build something like this:

http://www.rcdb.com/3589.htm?p=26555

Thorpe! Make it happen! Now!
BigAl

Heathrow is pretty near. As are the nimby's over by Chessington. :P
RollercoasterGEEK100

Now imagine this in the thorpe park skyline... even though I still want a B&M hyper.

Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Wed May 09, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider
Rollercoaster5000

Or a 200'ft high version of this?! (credit goes to towers times for the image)
;)

Jokes aside, there is no way a hyper coaster would open at thorpe park. Stealth was a one off.
A 50 metre high Intamin mega coaster would be awesome, those things pack some insane airtime!
RustyRider

A little off topic I know, but my god is that Stengel dive on Goliath a beautiful coaster element, currently nursing a semi thinking about gliding over that gloriously shaped steel..fap fap!!

But yeah anyway, something among the likes of maverick (100ft high) or I-speed without the top hat of course would be excellent...
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
----reece----

There isn't any point in talking throughput when it comes to thorpe park!
They LOVE ques!!!!!!

Every time i go, EVERY TIME, they always end up with just running 1 train on coasters like stealth nemesis and even the swarm the other day , Just to Form a Que!
Frustrates me!!!! Rant over Haha :)
jamesc

From what I remember hearing about the coaster plans at the park, they have a deal with Intamin & B&M to build 3 coasters each.

So that makes one each left to build.

I think a Wood coaster from Intamin and a Flying from B&M would be the best options for the park.

Unless a World First Woodie from B&M me dreaming a bit here as I am sure they said in a statement somewhere that they would never enter into the wood coaster market.

Another idea, would a wood Intamin coaster with a loop or other inversion be a World First.

I can see it now, Worlds First Intamin Wood coaster with Inversions, and as thorpe likes inversions in there coaster Merlin may allow a wood coaster to be built if it had inversions.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Islander

jamesc wrote:From what I remember hearing about the coaster plans at the park, they have a deal with Intamin & B&M to build 3 coasters each.

So that makes one each left to build.
Sounds like rubbish to me, really wouldn't take that with even a pinch of salt.
jamesc wrote:I can see it now, Worlds First Intamin Wood coaster with Inversions, and as thorpe likes inversions in there coaster Merlin may allow a wood coaster to be built if it had inversions.
Given that Merlin cite the public's unsafe perception of woodies to be their reasoning behind not building one, I think you may well have just hit upon the one thing that they're less likely to build than a standard woodie: a woodie with inversions...
TB2

----reece---- wrote: There isn't any point in talking throughput when it comes to thorpe park!
They LOVE ques!!!!!!

Every time i go, EVERY TIME, they always end up with just running 1 train on coasters like stealth nemesis and even the swarm the other day , Just to Form a Que!
Frustrates me!!!! Rant over Haha :)
Considering the park were told Swarm would get about 1,100 people per hour and its rides crew managed 1,260 people per hour, I don't hold much thought to what you said. It was either quiet or the park gate figure didn't justify wasting money on two trains on each rollercoaster

I'm actually hoping it's not a B&M. I'd love to see a new Mack coaster.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Craig

TB2 wrote: Considering the park were told Swarm would get about 1,100 people per hour and its rides crew managed 1,260 people per hour, I don't hold much thought to what you said. It was either quiet or the park gate figure didn't justify wasting money on two trains on each rollercoaster

I'm actually hoping it's not a B&M. I'd love to see a new Mack coaster.
I'm thinking the same to be honest.  All things considered, we really haven't seen a massive amount of innovation from B+M in recent years.  The wing rider is great, don't get me wrong but it's still something that Intamin beat them to, albeit to a less than perfect design.

Who knows though, if it is a B+M, we might, just might get something ridiculously innovative.
Mack on the other hand have proven themselves more than capable of pulling something amazing out of the bag with Blue Fire.  Admittedly it's not the most intense coaster in the world but it's a stunning example of what they can do - and for a first try at that type of coaster it's pretty damn amazing.
Dylan

A coaster similar to EGF would look great in a Canada Creek setting (similarly to the area EGF is surrounded by), although if Thorpe were to get an Intamin hyper it probably be the new ugly track style of Skyrush / Intimidator 305.
I crave for a B&M hyper coaster in this country though, I would love for Thorpe to get one, even if it not a particularly tall one.