Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Charlee

They wouldn't build something like Fahrenheit, They already have their multi-inversion coaster (Colossus) and a coaster with a vertical life and more that vertical drop (Saw), a B&M Hyper would be a good addition.
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
AdrenalineAlex

I want a woodie, and I want it now, I don't care what the public say, I want a woodie! :( - Now I really do feel like I fit the Thorpe demographic :P
Alex.D

thorpe MAY  be in a 2 coaster deal with B&M so it may be a hyper or flyer...
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Dormiens-Dave

Its rumoured Merlin scrapped the planned Thorpe Flyer (planned by Tussauds) as they didn't want a product clash with Air. My money is on a B&M Hyper.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Dormiens-Dave wrote: Its rumoured Merlin scrapped the planned Thorpe Flyer (planned by Tussauds) as they didn't want a product clash with Air. My money is on a B&M Hyper.
My money is on a hyper aswell.

Credit to NemesisRider
RyanY

A B&M hyper would be good. But I would prefer a Custom Mega-lite. Like a mini Intimidator 305 with ejector air time and twists and turns. And you would be able to fit a lot more track length in because they are more compact.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Hyper! i want B&M no other, also Gerstlauer and Intamin are good.
Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Mon May 07, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider
JoeGibbon

Gerstlauer good? Have you been on SAW-The Ride?
Although I admit Speed was very smooth...

Anyway my money is on some new concept that will appear in the next few years. Although a Mack Megacoaster would be nice  :P
RollercoasterGEEK100

Hyper, or a new type of B&M like a B&M backwards hyper.
Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider
BigAl

A backwards hyper coaster? Seems a bit pointless. :? :P
RollercoasterGEEK100

To be totally honest here, If thorpe did get a hyper the layout should be 200ft lift. 80 degree drop. Camel Back x2. HammerHead. Swooping right Helix. Trims. 5 more Airtime hills. Brakes. It should be themed on yetti: no return.

Credit to NemesisRider
BigAl

I think a hyper would be a good move too, but Thorpe apparently can't exceed 40 meters with this next coaster.

Thorpe have covered:

Dark coaster: X:\
Inverted looper: Inferno
Sitdown looper: Colossus
Wingrider: Swarm
Dark/sitdown looper: Saw
Family/kiddie: Flying Fish
Launch: Stealth

So what could Thorpe's second tallest coaster be (assuming they build as high as 40 meters)? :?
Charlee

I doubt the Flying Fish will be there for very long though, unless they change there target audience, again.
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
RollercoasterGEEK100

BigAL. I think they will make a flyer like tatsu if it isnt a B&M hyper but i wanna know one thing. If nemesis nferno was just called inferno. Would everyone compare it to original nemesis?

Credit to NemesisRider
Dormiens-Dave

Please stay on-topic
CoasterCrazyChris

Water coaster?

So far we have none in the UK and given TP's lakeside setting it would seem ideal.

Only issue would be it might make Tidal Wave seem a little redundant.

Other than that a hyper coaster or woodie would be great.

:)
Coasteraddict

BigAl wrote: I think a hyper would be a good move too, but Thorpe apparently can't exceed 40 meters with this next coaster.

Thorpe have covered:

So what could Thorpe's second tallest coaster be (assuming they build as high as 40 meters)? :?
The can go to 50m because Swarm doesn't exceed 40m.

IMO the park needs Intamin hyper ala Bizzaro with the twisty turny bits on the island behind the swarm and an out and back bit behind the park. A compact wood and a family coaster and the park would be as good as it's ever going to get IMO.
BigAl

Coasteraddict wrote:
BigAl wrote: I think a hyper would be a good move too, but Thorpe apparently can't exceed 40 meters with this next coaster.

Thorpe have covered:

The can go to 50m because Swarm doesn't exceed 40m.

IMO the park needs Intamin hyper ala Bizzaro with the twisty turny bits on the island behind the swarm and an out and back bit behind the park. A compact wood and a family coaster and the park would be as good as it's ever going to get IMO.
But even so, 50 meters is still only 164ft. The smallest (not including Hollywood Dream as that's not really the same sort of Mega coaster that we're talking about) B&M mega coaster is Goliath at Six Flags La Ronde and that's 174ft and its tallest drop is 170ft. Thorpe Park could only achieve this if they then created a 3-4 meter tunnel below the island. That said, Thorpe Park obviously doesn't have to equal Goliath, but do they want to own the second smallest B&M mega coaster? ;) :P

And besides, a 3-4 meter tunnel constructed below the ground isn't very big so it wouldn't cost Merlin a lot to incorporate into a design. If Tussauds could blast a huge crater for Nemesis then I'm sure Merlin can dig a trench and fill it with concrete so that it doesn't leak or sink.

:)

Edit: Here's a POV too.

Am I right in thinking that a ride like this achieves between 1600 and 1700 riders per hour?
Last edited by BigAl on Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Ok. I definatly agree this should be at thorpe park. Well slightly better but yea. It should. It would fit just well in the skyline and La ronde is like thorpe park so yea. It would be good. ANYWAY! Someopne should sugest this to thorpe park. :D

Credit to NemesisRider
BigAl

Well they've probably got something in-mind. But it's still three years away, so that idea will probably change a bit before 2015.