TTF Euro Coaster Poll 2011-12

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

TTF Euro Coaster Poll 2008: Information Thread

The TTF Euro Coaster Poll 2008 begins from Monday, 10th November 2008 at 8.30pm. After the success of the 2007 poll, with thousands of votes cast over nearly 10 weeks, resulting in a win for Black Mamba, it will follow a roughly similar format this time around.

The coasters in this poll have been taken from the latest Mitch Hawker Worldwide poll using European attractions only. Whilst Europe has many more steel rollercoasters than Wooden ones, the top European woodies from Hawker's poll also make an appearance to ensure we get a fair result!

Rollercoasters from Alton Towers are not included in the poll to prevent a predictable outcome (yes, we know Nemesis is one of the worlds best rollercoasters, but that's not the point of this - it's a bit of fun to banish the closed season blues!). Keep checking in All Other Parks for the latest poll to vote in.. Polls will run for a maxiumum of 3 days, unless there are unforeseen circumstances.

The format will be as follows.

Round 1
There will be 10 groups of 10 rollercoasters. Within each group, there will be 2 "top seeds" (rides that feature near the very top of the steel and/or wooden Hawker poll) followed by 8 other rollercoasters. Generally, rides are placed by position (so there is an even spread in each group, rather than having an entire group of very poor rides). The top 5 from each group will then progress to Round 2. Voting will be staggered across a number of weeks.

Round 2
Based on percentage score, the top coasters from Round 1 will then become top seeds in round 2, and so on. There will be 5 groups of 10 rollercoasters at this stage. Voting will again be staggered across a number of weeks. The top 4 will then progress to round 3.

SEMI FINAL
There will be 2 groups of 10 rollercoasters at this stage, and the top 5 will progress into the final.

FINAL
There will be ten rollercoasters at this stage, and the highest scorer after the determined time period will be deemed the winner.

Happy Voting!
ReallyRollercoasterRules

YAY- I can't wait for this- good luck with setting it all up- hopefully Colossus & Inferno will do better this year :D
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/
LiamSAFC

Brilliant. Look forward to taking part. Last year was fantastic, enjoyed voting and this year shouldn't be any different!
ryansstuff

Oh this sound like it could be great fun. Im looking forward to it.
Free flash games website: http://rybofun.com/
Roller Coaster mad: http://www.rollercoastermad.com
Anonymous

cant wait for this voting thing to go on alton towers rides r going to win it
evil cod

Alton Towers rides will not be included in the vote due to blatant fanboyisms.
AstroDan

[quote=""evil cod""]Alton Towers rides will not be included in the vote due to blatant fanboyisms.[/quote]

Indeed, although to be fair, Nemesis is pretty highly regarded worldwide, but it would be obvious that the likes of Air, Rita and Oblivion would probably be in the top 10. To get a more balanced poll, and to encourage people to view pictures and/or POV's of the rollercoatsers first, it's all about voting for coasters which you may not even have been on before!

:)
evil cod

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""evil cod""]Alton Towers rides will not be included in the vote due to blatant fanboyisms.[/quote]

Indeed, although to be fair, Nemesis is pretty highly regarded worldwide, but it would be obvious that the likes of Air, Rita and Oblivion would probably be in the top 10. To get a more balanced poll, and to encourage people to view pictures and/or POV's of the rollercoatsers first, it's all about voting for coasters which you may not even have been on before!

:)[/quote]

And with that in mind
[url=http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... untain.php" target="_blank]http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... untain.php[/url] :P
Magical Ryan

I fell asleep on Big Thunder Mountain :D
But looking forward to the voting now I have been on a lot of rides in europe!
evil cod

[quote=""Magical Ryan""]I fell asleep on Big Thunder Mountain :D
But looking forward to the voting now I have been on a lot of rides in europe![/quote]

I fell asleep on your mum

ehm this should be fun.
popTART

I cant wait to do this as i didn't do it last year as i wasn't really posting but this should be fun :D
Vanessa Feltz

[quote=""evil cod""][quote=""Magical Ryan""]I fell asleep on Big Thunder Mountain :D
But looking forward to the voting now I have been on a lot of rides in europe![/quote]

I fell asleep on your mum

ehm this should be fun.[/quote]

Uncalled for [-X

;)

This really does sound great. Shame nemesis can't be included.
Are there any dive coasters I can be a fanboy of at least? I <3 yummy B&M Dive coasters :P
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
ryansstuff

So when does this start then. It is the 10th so im guessing later on tonight
Free flash games website: http://rybofun.com/
Roller Coaster mad: http://www.rollercoastermad.com
AstroDan

The Poll is NOW OPEN, group voting can be seen in the ALL OTHER PARKS forum of TTF.

AstroDan

The results from Round 1, Group 1 will be posted shortly.

Round 1, Group 2 will begin this evening. I am working on the poll thread now.

AstroDan

Round Two will begin later this week, on conclusion of the "playoff" which is currently underway.

I have now collated the results, and grouped the rollercoasters for the next round. Will be some very, very tough choices!

AstroDan

TTF Coaster Poll 2008/9: THE RESULTS

After 93 days and over 700 votes, the annual closed-season TTF European Rollercoaster Poll has come to an end.

We started out with 100 steel and wooden rollercoasters from across Europe, chosen dependent on their ranking on the Global Rollercoaster Poll, which is conducted by Mitch Hawker in the USA every year. For the purpose of this poll, rollercoasters at Alton Towers were excluded.

The final finished at 9:00pm on Wednesday, 11th February - just before the start of the new season at Alton Towers Theme Park. I hope that it has gone some way to filling the void that is closed season!

Rollercoasters that were tied in their respective round, have then gone head to head in the previous round - and dependent which coaster got more points in the previous round, determines its position in the ranking. This was not possible for coasters which tied in Round 1, and so there are many rollercoasters that have finished joint in the lowest positions.

You can view the 2007/8 poll results by clicking on
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19404

THE RANKINGS
(-) = Was not in the 2007/8 poll
(24) = last years TTF poll result in brackets, 0% = did not score last year.
Rides in red have dropped since 2007/8.
Rides in green have risen since 2007/8.
Rides with no change, or those new to the poll, remain black.

No Votes
Booster Bike (-)
Calamity Mine (63)
Vuoristorata (-)
Colossos (14)
Rioolrat (-)
Cobra (0%)
Sky Rider (-)
Robin Hood (0%)
El Diablo (-)
Dream Catcher (-)
X:/ No Way Out (-)
Tornado (0%)
G'sengte Sau (57)
Tulireki (-)
Rutschebanan Bakken (0%)
Nessie (0%)
Mega Blitz (-)
Space Invader (-)
Half Pipe (-)
Jubilee Oddysey (62)
Vol d'Icare (-)
Millennium Coaster (59)
Megablitz (0%)
Minetrain Ulven (56)
Rage (-)
Big Loop (-)
Goudurix (-)

Joint 57th
Sky Wheel (53)
Vogel Rok (50)

Joint 56th
Vilda Musen (0%)
Falken (-)
Avalanche (44)
Desert Race (0%)
Sequioa Adventure (-)
Revolution (41)
Jetline (0%)

Joint 55th
Abismo (-)
Turbine (0%)
Typhoon (0%)
Super 8 Bahn (-)
Schweizer Bob Bahn (Europa-Park) (38)
Rutschebanan Tivoli (0%)

Joint 54th
Crush's Coaster (35)
Xpress (0%)
Python (-)
Matterhorn Blitz (48)

TOP 53 in order

53 Pegasus (-)

52 Spatiale Experience (0%)

51 Thor's Hammer (-)

50 Schweizer Bob Bahn (Heide Park) (0%)

49 Tonnerre de Zeus (30)

48 Heisse Fahrt (0%)

47 Rollercoaster (-)

46 Magic Mountain (-)

45 Tornado (-)

44 Lisebergbanan (0%)

43 Tornado (M&D's) (-)

42 Trace du Hourra (37)

41 Stunt Fall (52)

40 G Force (-)

39 Vampire (0%)

38 Pepsi Max Big One (49)

37 Kumali (31)

36 Vertigo (33)

35 Kanonen (61)

34 Wild Mouse (21)

33 Velocity (54)

32 Knightmare (29)

31 Big Dipper (28)

30 Shock Wave (26)

29 Speed (27)

28 Die Vliegende Hollander (10)

27 Daemonen (47)

26 Dragons Fury (36)

25 Roller Coaster (Gt. Yarmouth) (45)

24 Balder (6)

23 The Ultimate (60)

22 Winjas Fear & Force (19)

21 Rock n Roller Coaster (3)

20 Colossus (11)

19 Grand National (16)

18 Colorado Adventure (20)

17 Megafobia (32)

16 Euro Mir (12)

15 Poseidon (15)

14 Troy (7)

13 Nemesis Inferno (17)

12 Expedition Ge Force (4)

11 Space Mountain: Mission 2 (39)

10 Stealth (8)

9 Big Thunder Mountain (23)

8 Eurosat (22)

7 Silver Star (9)

6 Superman (43)

5 Furius Baco (34)

4 Goliath (5)

3 Black Mamba (1)

2 Katun (13)

1 DRAGON KHAN (2)

Commentary

Well done to Dragon Khan, which has ousted Phantasialand's Black Mamba to become the choice TTF European rollercoaster for 2008/9! Black Mamba failed to repeat its success of last year after both Dragon Khan and other B&M Inverted coaster Katun scored more points in the final.

Katun rose from 13 to 2 whilst Big Thunder Mountain rose 14 places to number 9. Eurosat is in at number 8, also up 14, a result which few would have predicted. Goliath has cemented its position in the European elite with a second successive top 5 finish, rising one place to 4th. The real big winner however has to be the B&M Floorless Superman, which has risen a staggering 37 places to number 6 this year! Silver Star, the B&M Mega Coaster rose 2 places to finish at number 7 and Stealth came in at number 10, a fall of two places.

Of the big manufacturers, within the top 20, there are 6 B&M, 4 Intamin, 4 Mack and 3 Vekoma coasters.

The top 20 held casualties including Troy and Expedition Ge Force, neither of which have performed nearly as well this year, coming in at 14 and 12 respectively - although Troy is the highest rated Wooden Coaster with Balder falling massively to 24 - from a high of 6 last year. A rise of 28 places for Space Mountain Mission 2 which has finished in 11th position! Thorpe Park also keeps a major presence, with Nemesis Inferno and Colossus both inside the top 20 - although Colossus has fallen several places. Euro Mir remains relitavely unchanged inside the Top 20 - and Wales' finest, Megafobia, performs very well to rise up to 17 from 32 last year. Crush's Coaster also fell heavily after a relitavely strong opening year in 2007/8.

Rock n Roller Coaster goes from 3 to 21 in a big fall, whilst the biggest loser has to be Intamin Woodie Colossos, which fell from 14 to completely out of the running this year and had 0 votes! Die Vliegende Hollander also fell out of the top 10, crashing to number 28 possibly after some dark ride maintainence issues over the season. Poseidon, the other water coaster in the poll, remained at 15. Coasters which have really made up ground this year include Kanonen, the little known compact Intamin Accelerator, which has gained 26 places to number 35.

Other big winners included Velocity, The Ultimate, Roller Coaster (Gt. Yarmouth), Dragons Fury, B&M Floorless Daemonen, Pepsi Max Big One, Vampire, Stunt Fall, Lisebergbanan and Heisse Fahrt.

Tonnerre de Zeus, Wild Mouse and Avalanche were other big losers.

Thank you for taking part in the poll, and I look forward, all being well, to brining you the 2009/10 poll next closed season which should include the likes of Saw: The Ride, Mumbo Jumbo and Blue Fire!

WELL DONE JOHN WARDLEY! - Dragon Khan @ PortAventura, the classic B&M Sit Down Looper is Number 1!

:D
Khanage

Woohooo! I knew Khan could do it!

Thanks AstroDan for doing this poll - it's been fun!

:D
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Pennywise

Well done Dragon Kahn, my 2nd choice in the final behind Baco...

Thanks for another great poll this year. :D

---- Post Info Added ----

Well done Dragon Kahn, my 2nd choice in the final behind Baco...

Thanks for another great poll this year. :D
Kaycee

Wow! Cool. :D I voted Katun personally. But I've heard nothing but great stuff about Dragon Kahn, so a worthy winner I'm sure. The older B&Ms certainly were quality!!

MASSIVE THANKS to Danbini for doing this poll - he has put SO much effort into co-ordinating it all for our enjoyment over the closed season and so really deserves our love and kisses! He's had spreadsheets and everything! ;)

:D :D