Defunct coasters you've never ridden but would have liked to.

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
WillPS

Stelios7 wrote: that first flying coaster in Manchester.
Ooooooh, Skytrak - good shout!
Bear

Great American Scream Machine at SFGAdv really looked amazing to me!

WillPS; Thriller isn't defunct, it's in the Schwarzkopf elephant graveyard, Mexico!
merm

Would love to have rode The Bobs at belle Vue near Manchester my parents where Avid speedway fans and this coaster sat at the side of Belle Views track so got to ride it many times, it's was supposed to be a evil woodie which in 1967 broke world records.It looks a great track lay out with some very tight turns it shut in 1970 after unfortunately not finding a buyer to move it. I will try to put a vid on as there is one floating around on you tube

Hopefully the about link will work
Last edited by merm on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let our dreams become your nightmares
AdrenalineAlex

Big Bad Wolf
Moonsault
That woodie looks insane, so that too!
Son of Beast (when it had the loop) just to see what it felt like.
merm

Not sure if anyone has seen this site before but I have just found it quite fitting for these posts it has virtual reproductions of old lost uk wooden coasters here's the link(sorry if it been posted before).

Lostukcoasters.co.uk
Let our dreams become your nightmares
BigAl

Another coaster I'd liked to have gone on was Z-Force/Flashback that stood at Six Flags America, before going to Six Flags Georgia and then finally ending up at Six Flags Magic Mountain where it remained operating until 2003. It was finally demolished in 2007. It's an odd choice but the drops looked fantastic and the final helix was supposed to be very forceful. It did look a bit weird though, as did the old fashioned Intamin sitdown trains! :P

RCDB: http://www.rcdb.com/128.htm
WillPS

Bear wrote: WillPS; Thriller isn't defunct, it's in the Schwarzkopf elephant graveyard, Mexico!
I think if we're accepting the original Space Mountain, the pre-SixFlags-modifications Thriller is worthy of a position. I have never seen a good review of the ride since it was totally reprofiled.
Blaze

Yeah I said Flashback. It looked really interesting. A lot of ride in a tiny space.

Can't believe I forgot Thriller. :oops:
AdrenalineAlex

I forgot about Flashback, when I saw it in RCT2 I always wished there was a coaster cam to see how it would look like on ride, then I saw a on ride POV. Would of loved to ride it but apparently it was so rough and caused a lot of pain and headaches!
Blaze

It was also insanely loud. Put off the lifeguards at the water park apparently. There's pretty much a huge list on wikipedia about why it closed! :P
seanyboyuk

Flashback looks unique but in todays standards its a boring layout i think. It would be better to make it a dark coaster.
BigAl

Not sure if this counts, but what about the coasters left at Six Flags New Orleans? Imagine riding Jester and Mega Zeph in that eerie setting?

Mega Zeph:

Jester:
WillPS

I imagine they'd be rather uncomfortable!
BigAl

Well Mega Zeph looked uncomfortable even before the park got flooded and abandoned. It's the idea of riding them in such a ghostly setting which is appealing, ignoring the ride experiences. Jester went backwards so that in itself would be an experience. :)
lf2001

The Corkscrew at Alton Towers! Never got to go on that, unfortunately...
lucy2244

I'd love to ride the roller coasters that were at the now non-existent and long forgot about American Adventure. This place is so close to where I live and I'll always have memories of visiting with my family, and seeing the coasters in all their glory. Sadly, being 6 years old and scared of my own shadow, I didn't even think about ever wanting to ride them  :lol: but now, I think they look pretty decent, especially when they were first built.
It's not just the roller coasters though, I'd like to turn back time for a bit and go back to that place, and experience it exactly how it was.
Last edited by lucy2244 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoopyDan

Alton Corkscrew
Black Hole
If we can do flats, Energizer/Boneshaker
Fish777

LoopyDan wrote: Alton Corkscrew
Black Hole
If we can do flats, Energizer/Boneshaker
We really do have a lot in common :lol:
Mark-Cal

lucy2244 wrote: I'd love to ride the roller coasters that were at the now non-existent and long forgot about American Adventure.
That was my local park as well, although I had stopped visiting long before it closed, the place died a very slow and painful death indeed.

Don't forget though it's still possible to ride all the coasters that were once at the park, the excellent Missile is now Wipeout at Pleasurewood Hills and (I think) all the others still exist in one form or another although I reckon Twin Looper ended up in Poland.

I often wonder what the place would be like now if it had continued to operate and received decent investment.