THREE new woodies for the UK, one for Drayton Manor?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
jb19852

Im beggining to get sceptical about them actually getting a coaster for 2013 considering nothing is happening on park
DeanGaryCox

Although there is a clear empty space next to the buffalo coaster with a mound of dirt for some reason... this could be the place of the ride, although they have closed that Excalibur water ride, for future developments meaning it could be situated there over the lake? :D
Image 2014
Themeparksandy1981

They wouldn't build a coaster on that lake cause it's to cloar to the zoo animals.
DeanGaryCox

oh right just seems odd for them to close it down for currently no apparent reason... unless there was a problem with the ride. but i really do hope they do get a new ride for next year, and a thrill one at that... exactly what it needs to compete as a thrill theme park as well :)
Image 2014
themealgang

Thought I would post some more interesting information with regards to this topic. I'm part of the RCCGB and we had a great talk from the park officials on Sunday. It was also the club's 25th Anniversary so we all received free mugs, champagne, curry lunch, extra ERS's on G Force, Troublesome Trucks and Ben 10! The park looked after us extremely well (like they always do). Anyway, things we got told that are worth mentioning...

-They have started to put together plans for the next ten years and want to build a woodie. Again, the topic of wood was mentioned and they said very clearly it's something they want to do. It got a big cheer from the crowd (RCCGB are one of the biggest campaigners for a UK woodie! ;) ) so out wait may finally be over. Asked about the hybrid systems, the reply was 'no'. If/when it happens, Drayton's woodie would be 100% wood. Also told it wouldn't be tall or very intense as the demographic of Drayton has changed so much over the years. But what was good to hear was 'It doesn't have to be tall or fast to make it fun'. Again, wood hasn't been 'confirmed', but the park bosses do not have a Merlin attitude. They want one are are serious about it. And Drayton also appear to be our only hope for the UK going into the future.

-There were plans for a Vekoma launched coaster over the lake. They were scrapped due to how much the hotel cost. Plans have been 'put on ice' for now.

-Couldn't say what rides they were/going to take out

Drayton Manor is entering some very exciting times!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Danny

I would be very shocked if thorpe or chessington get a woodie but I have a feeling Alton are going to really suprise us when they finally get one
sw7nutter

I highly doubt Alton will get a woodie the most likely will be a wood hybrid at thorpe
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
scruffy_

What about Oakwood getting another?
dazza4783

I reckon Flamingo Land will get one, they did have plans for one before.
Maybe they will get a GCI Big Fun to go on the old corkscrew site.