Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ladyofthelake

Legoland Windsor have revealed they will be making a range of improvements for the new season this year. Amongst them will be re-vamps of the Lego City area - including new additions to to both the Driving School and Boating School, and the addition of a new Lego Friends area in the early summer. SouthParks have a news article with the full details.

It's certainly interesting to see these latest developments at Legoland - especially as the improvements to the Driving and Boating Schools will create some addition capacity. I can't help thinking though that these improvements could be replacement plans put in place as a result of the refusal of the Haunted House application.

It will certainly be interesting to see how these latest developments turn out.
Jamie

Glad to see that Boating School is having it's capacity increased, as it was dire.
Ladyofthelake

Merlin Entertainments have announced that a mini-sequel to The Lego Movie will be introduced at all their Lego branded attractions worldwide - including Legoland Windsor and Legoland Discovery Centre.

The film is due to include all the main characters from the movie, and a range of 4D effects. There's no set date for the introduction of the new film, however it has been confirmed it will be introduced later this year. SouthParks has all the details so far on the news page

Looks like this could be a good addition for Legoland and will certainly draw people in. It's certainly worth keeping an eye out for the opening date for it.
Morgan

Gives me another reason to visit!
It is a great film but I do hate spin-offs, so shall see how this does.
Dom

Considering how huge The Lego Movie was, it was only a matter of time until Merlin added it to Legoland. I think its a great move and will certainly be a good thing for 2015.
Nath89

New roundabout sign.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Nice! :D
Stan.H

I want legoland windsor to cover up their waterpark or get an indoor one (like ATR). I'd also like legoland to get another family coaster.
Stan.H

Dragon coaster or River splash
Ladyofthelake

It would seem that there may be some hope for the Haunted House.

Legoland have lodged an appeal with the local council against the refusal of the planning permission as detailed in SouthParks news. We don't yet have a date for the decision of the appeal, however I would have thought that there is at least a reasonable chance of success for the appeal to have been put in. I certainly hope that the appeal is successful as I think it would be a great addition to the park and give the ride line up a good, solid new addition.
Dom

Thats great news. I really hope they get permission as i agree, i do think it would be a great new addition to park.
Morgan

I can't say how much I want this.
And if it opens next year... Double the dark-ride opening days for me!
RedStar98

I have good memories of Pirate Falls and the Dragon from when I was young, and the Spinning Spider was always great fun as my dad used to make it spin so fast :)
Dom

It would appear that Legoland are getting a new ride in the new area Heartlake City. A Disk-o, similar to Kobra, but without the bunny hop. Images can be found on the Theme Park Guide website. http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news/wild ... of-windsor
Zachary

Dom wrote:It would appear that Legoland are getting a new ride in the new area Heartlake City. A Disk-o, similar to Kobra, but without the bunny hop. Images can be found on the Theme Park Guide website. http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news/wild ... of-windsor
I'm surprised this hasn't been advertised more heavily, its been a while since they got a major ride.
Dan

Mia's Riding Adventure has begun testing

http://themeparkguide.biz/component/k2/ ... ts-testing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rocket

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new Heartlake City LEGO friends show!
Rocket

Sorry for the double post, but

Off ride POV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by lewis97 on Mon May 25, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Link
Jared

That looks like a shockingly bad addition, literally just shoehorned in there! Terrible!
Dom

I have to disagree but also agree at the same time. I feel that it is the best thing that could have happened, considering it wasn't what was originally planned for this year. A lot of the parks try to just attract families and some themed area's screaming out for males only. This is an area primarily themed towards the young girls and i think its a great move by the park. Lets just hope they actually get permission for the haunted house as that would be amazing. But i guess we will have to wait and see