Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Burniel

Well the last time I went at Easter was when I was the little brat, and I can tell you it was busy.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Mark.aa

Easter is a very busy period,
I only take my kids there then as we have been 50+ times so it's not the end of the world if you don't get on all the rides!may be 2 or 3 main rides on a busy day.
1 to 90 minutes ques for pirate falls,Viking river splash ,dragon coaster.
Big que to leave at end of day.stay in park until rides stop running then leave.
Mark.aa

I Was one of the last people to play rocket racer on the last day of its last season.
Have friends that know staff there and heard that it was going.
Used to love the Larry and Murray walker lego men in the build your racer room.
Believe there used to be a upstairs too,but ride did closed for a few years then reopened with just the downstairs racing,upstairs was converted to a storage room.hence the stairs and walkways that when't nowhere.
Some walkways are still there in the starwars walkthrough.
Rocket

I was actually on the last run of rocket racers,I found it very sad.
It was the attraction I would always want to go on as a child and one of my favourites to queue for
Ladyofthelake

Legoland have announced a Star Wars weekend for 3rd-5th May (bank holiday weekend) featuring themed activities and special displays alongside a range of other features just for the weekend.

Full details are on the Legoland site: http://www.legoland.co.uk/LEGO-Star-Wars-Weekend
Master_feedback

Oh may the 4th be with you. .... im going next week ill update how busy it is then
Master_feedback

So lego land was busy school holidays so no surprise thier cues were around 30 mins for medium rides and 45 to an hr for the bigger ones

Dispite this years map saying the area infront of dragon "coming april" not all of it was finished a play area was still a building site

The bad pionts alot of the lego sculptures were looking dirty and very faded its clear not much money has been spent on that for some year, was planning to get the free refill coffee deal but not available :(
Burniel

Well there's meant to be a new pirate's play area ...
Rollermad

It was the best ride they had i mean they have like 2 rollercoasters and it was their best attraction. But NO they replace it with a Miniland. Why would people prefer to look at a Star Wars Lego thing instead of a ride. They could even of Star Wars themed it. It would kill the ride but at least it would still be there :)
Burniel

accesso Technology Group plc, the premier technology solutions provider to the global attractions and leisure industry, has signed an agreement to install its patented smartphone-based queuing solution – Qsmart - at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort: a part of Merlin Entertainments Group, the world’s second largest visitor attraction operator. The agreement also extends the terms of accesso’s existing contract with the park for the support of Qbot, the company’s handheld virtual queuing system, for an additional three years.

An exciting evolution of the award-winning accesso LoQueue virtual queuing technology, Qsmart puts virtual queuing onto a smartphone-optimized mobile website and combines it with mobile payment features. The innovative Cloud-based solution will be installed LEGOLAND Windsor Resort in time for the 2014 season.

“LEGOLAND Windsor is the third park to expand its agreement with us to pair Qsmart with their existing Qbot system,” said Tom Burnet, accesso CEO. “For us, this decision demonstrates another important vote of confidence in the value and capability of our technology and we are very pleased to be extending and expanding our relationship with both LEGOLAND Windsor and Merlin Entertainments.”
So, what do we think of this?

Source

Article posted on 11th April 2014
Fish777

some people don't have smartphones though.
jon18uk

It's Q-Bot but using your own phone instead of renting a thingy
jackcullen

Flamingoland have been doing a pretty similar system using mobiles for years already!
Dom

Legoland has recently posted this on their Twitter

http://www.rspb.org.uk/news/369376-new- ... from-lego-

I actually think this is a really good idea.
Ladyofthelake

Legoland Windsor Resort has submitted plans for an all new Haunted House attraction. Located in the northern part of the site, the all new attraction will be situated to the south east of the ‘Boating School’ and ‘Driving School’.

Described in plans as a ‘Haunted House Ride Experience’ visitors will enter the new attraction through a themed queue line featuring a graveyard and spider’s web, before entering from the front entrance which will replicate a traditional haunted house and be based on the current Lego ‘Monster Fighters’ brand. Once inside, guests will experience a 10 metre drop tower ride experience, similar to that currently used at Alton Towers Resort’s Nemesis: Sub Terra. In order to accommodate the new attraction a range of landscaping works will be carried out including the widening of existing footpaths.

It is anticipated that the proposals will be given the go ahead as the site for the new attractions is within a pre-agreed major development site. If approved it is expected the new ride will open in March 2015.

What are your thoughts on the new Haunted House ride for 2014? Discuss your thoughts below and don’t forget to keep an eye on http://www.facebook.com/southparks for all the latest news.
ThrillJunkie

I like the idea of a "Haunted House" type attraction at Legoland but I'm getting a bit bored of these ABC drop towers. As long as there is more to this attraction than just a drop tower I'm happy. An indoor interactive walk through would suite this theme rather well with the tower ride as the finale.
ThrillJunkieUK
Ayliffe

Sounds like a good idea to have a haunted house at Legoland with a drop tower, but that Monster Fighters Lego theme came out TWO YEARS AGO and only one of the sets from that range is still sold at the moment (this one: http://brickset.com/sets/10228-1/Haunted-House ) and its only available online and in official lego stores. However, the ride itself is promising and the outside building will probably look like the set above (or similar at least) and its better than just another little kid's ride.
Danny

So I didn't realise that the plans hadn't been posted on here so the link is here:
http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/pam/view.jsp?ID= ... 251%2FFULL

If you click on attached documents is has lots of pictures showing what the building and area will look like. It looks like there will be two drop towers, either side of the building with the queue being towards the front sides of the building. Still looks very promising :)
Ayliffe

The front of the building will probably look like an extended version of this:
I wasn't expecting the back to look like that though. Looks like the Monster fighter's refuge perhaps?
Owen

Well here are is the promo for Ghost-The Haunted House Legoland Billind

And a planning picture for Windsor

I think we might be seeing a Tower of Terror type of ride with multiple Legolands opening one over the next ten or so years...