Legoland Windsor Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Burniel

What happened to these plans?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Burniel

What's the best ride at LEGOLAND Windsor? I'm personally undecided with a few ...
Danny

Haven't been in years but love the dragon roller coaster as that's most thrilling and well themed
Rollermad

Dragon probs then Old Jungle coaster. Wave riders looks fun also if it has to be a ride then ROCKET RACERS FTW!! Best ride and they replaced with a Lego Miniland. Kids get bored with Miniland, they prefer a ride!!
Ayliffe

Rocket Racers was by far the best ride there, and its quite a shame that they removed it. :(
Ladyofthelake

According to BBC News Legoland is to close for the weekend following threats being made. Originally, the Muslim Research and Development Foundation were due to hold a private event at the park on Sunday, however this was cancelled after threats were made against the resort by 'right-wing groups'.

The resort have clearly put the safety of their guests first, and I'm sure it's not a decision they will have taken lightly. It seems incredibly unfair that many families will now be forced to miss out on weekends they had planned as a result of these threats.
Burniel

Hmmm ...

*Checks date*
*Checks LEGOLAND website*

Isn't the theme park closed anyway? I thought it was due to open on 14th March?
Ladyofthelake

The theme park is closed, however the hotel was open. The resort have had to take the decision to close the hotel and cancel all bookings for this weekend because of the threats received.
Burniel

Why would you book into a LEGOLAND hotel if the theme park was closed? Was there any activities planned or is it purely a place to stay?
Ladyofthelake

I believe they have been running a number of offers for March, including 2nd day free, and free tickets to Chessington (when Chessington has been open for zoo days), along with special offers on London attraction ticket prices.
Dom

I think Legoland have done the right thing. No one should make threats against anyone. And they are doing it in the interest of everyone's safety. According to the BBC website, Some people have been taking to social networks to bad mouth them about this. I personally think they did the right think and should actually be congratulated on it.
Danny

Can I ask what is meant by threats?? Has someone threatened a worker, or staff threatening a visitor, or someone threatening to sue??
So confusing!
Ladyofthelake

Details haven't been released as to the nature of the threats. Only that they have been made by 'right wing groups'. I would imagine these groups have made threats against the resort, hence the decision to close for the weekend.
BenBowser

These Muslim days really work out don't they! :no: Reminder of the complete failure for towers in 2006...

At least that didn't include threats. :?
jmgpannal

^^Knights Quests original name was Dino Dipper, and the Pterodactyl that was in the middle was a much more impressive Lego model than the rubbish castle that is there now!
Burniel

jmgpannal wrote:^^Knights Quests original name was Dino Dipper, and the Pterodactyl that was in the middle was a much more impressive Lego model than the rubbish castle that is there now!
I completely agree there, Dino Dipper > Knight's Quest by a long way! I dislike Knight's quest, it's very poorly themed.
Rocket

There's one attraction I miss more than most, and that was rocket racers
The queue line was brilliant, and just the idea of making your own driver then racing was very unique
lf2001

Mine would have to be that Dragon coaster.
DeanGaryCox

I really enjoy think it's called squid surfer?

But all Lego land have done is removed their good rides like the coaster that got moved to Lego land Florida etc. I've seen the investment the other Lego land parks have been getting and Lego land is getting barely anything... I really do wonder how they are still getting such great gate figures!
DeanGaryCox

Has anyone ever been Legoland in the easter holidays and would be so kind to comment on how full of little brats it is?

I want to go as my mate will be back from uni then and it's the only time we can go, just not sure if it's worth it with how big the queues would be...