Cable Snap on "New fairground ride" @ Lunar Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I have to say when Kryn posted this in the Dusseldorf topic...

[quote=""Kryn""]
Something which I am very excited to see is the brand new ride "Rocket"

I shall update more when I get it.[/quote]

I thought "Now that's a fairground ride I'd try" Not anymore!

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Fantasmic

I saw this story posted, strangely enough on a horse riding forum, from the onset, that is a ride I wouldn't have got on! It looks flimsy!
Bear

What the hell! There's some serious accidents going on lately, yesterday in Spain a Fabbri ride completely collapsed on itself which killed one and critically injured three!

I really can't imagine being stuck on this ride though, it probably would put me off rides for good...

:shock:
Kendalgal

:shock: :o :o When i saw this posted the other day i thought it looked iffy...and i ride i would NEVER of got on. Now i know why :/ I don't go on Twirling Toadstool at AT either for fear of that happening on there! My oldest is banned too from going on it.
Mum to Hollie (9) & Madison (5)
James6

That's a Fabbri ride aswell isn't it :shock: ?
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
AstroDan

I have informed our friends in Dusseldorf!

:shock:
Benedique

This is why I don't go on fairground rides. I have to say though, I wouldn't have gone on that ride anyway, even if it had been built by a reputable manufacturer and it was in a reputable theme park. I can't imagine the terror that went through their minds when they felt that cable snap :shock:
Gloomy Dude

Oh wow! I totally missed this one. Was wondering what somebody meant (Diogo possibly - can't remember) in another topic when they said "3 incidents in 4 days".

No follow up info though I notice. I'm therefore presuming we're not talking any fatalities here.

And I have to agree - that ride looks almost comedically terrifying and dangerous (as in "ride you would one million percent not want to fail"). Woozy just looking at it to be honest.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Blaze

:shock: That's one ride you really wouldn't want to break. This month really can't get any worse, but thank God this time there were no injuries or fatalities.
Adz
Admin
Admin

That's a Fabbri ride aswell isn't it :shock: ?
No.

For all those saying fairground rides aren't safe. I'd just want to point out this is a fixed park model. As was the Fabbri Airdiver which collapsed as mentioned in the other topic.
Gloomy Dude

Excuse the moderate ignorance of my earlier post. I didn't realise the Youtube link was a report - not being able to watch Youtube vids at work.

That looks horrendous!
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Craig

Thought I'd add that the Rocket ride at Dusseldorf which we thought was the same model as this, turned out to be different. The ride was basically the same cars but it had 5 of them (I think) which went up and round in much the same fashion flying machines does. Interestingly, it also had diagonal load bearing cables on it to presumably as backup should the main ones fail - doesn't look like Luna's model does.
popTART

This is a ride i would not go on even if there was not an accident before, it just looks to extreme for me.