Have you ever been hurt on a ride?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
richdirk123

Has anyone ever been hurt on any rides?

Once I was at THORPE PARK on Vortex and when it was coming down, my back was launched forward and I was nearly facing my knees, when I crashed back the the seat, leaving me with an aching back for the rest of the day, lol.
Joe Koopa

Colossus and The Beastie.

Everytime. :|
Ritadz

Yes on Corkscrew once i nearly got Knocked out by the headrest it hurt all day!
maguire245

My neck was pretty achy for about 5 minutes after I came off the Winter Wonderland Express at Hyde Park, but I loved it! Does that count :?
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Blaze

Corkscrew coasters hurt me, I once hit my hand on a particularly sharp, dry balde of grass at the bottom of Kumali's drop, Submsion almost brought me to tears from the pain inflicted on my 'gentleman's area' and also my legs, and Ripsaw did the same but not quite as bad.
Elliot

On Colossus I once got hurt twice on the same go, first; just as you go through the helix before the in-line twists had my arms stretched out and hit some grass on my wrist. Then as I was going through the zero-g roll I did the same thing and hit my hand on some nettles.

On Flying Fish I've hit my hands on above track many a time.

On RMT I've done what just about everyone else has and hit my hand on one of the supports on a helix.

On Detonator I've had my restraint on nearly the minimum it'd go and came right out my seat.

On Quantum the past year it has seemed to be really rough and when I sit at the back I always get what feels like whip-lash.

Submission is generally uncomfortable.

I've had a severe head-ache after going on top-spins and being held upside down.

Also I was emotionally hurt after going on Samurai for the first time because I felt like I nearly came out my seat.
ThrillJunkie

I was once on one of those twister rides that spin upside down (can't remember the name, was at FunderWorld a few years back) when it spun upside down and my restraights opened. Luckily there was an outer cage thing that stopped them from completely releasing and held me in.
ThrillJunkieUK
maguire245

[quote=""ThrillJunkie""]I was once on one of those twister rides that spin upside down (can't remember the name, was at FunderWorld a few years back) when it spun upside down and my restraights opened. Luckily there was an outer cage thing that stopped them from completely releasing and held me in.[/quote]
That sounds awful! Sorry to hear that :|
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Rowe

I've been hurt and in pain many times on rollercoasters and rides, literally every one I've ridden in some shape or form.
James6

Inferno at Terra Mitica is probably the most I've been hurt on a ride, the restraint wasn't completely down on my thighs, and on one of the incredibly quick changes of movement I was jolted out of the seat really quickly and then slammed into the restraint. That hurt, but that was mine/the ride attendants fault more than the rides.

Colossus at Terra Mitica isn't too friendly either...

I've never really found a ride "rough" or painful really.

It did hurt however having cramp going up Spinball Whizzer's lift hill and having it for the whole ride, I think I almost cried... :)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Blaze

I don't normally find rides rough or painfull, SLCs are smooth as glass, but for some reason, Corkscrews always have it in for me.
richdirk123

This isn't exactly getting hurt but once on Nemesis Inferno, my restraint was extremely lose and on the first drop I was nearly sitting on the strap! But thankfully, it tightened at the top of the lift hill.
Anonymous

When I was 11 I was on a ride at Pleasurewood Hills very similar to Zodiac (but for one person) and the restraint came off seconds after the start, I spent the whole ride clinging and bracing myself to the outer cage.
Mankey

Eurosats brakes make me feel like a masochist :lol: They're so painful but OMG hilarious to go through!

The train is filled with "Whooo! whooooo!" then suddenly in unison everyone goes "wooURRRRGH!" :lol:
Back from hibernation!
Coaster Neil

We were going up the Nemesis lifthill when my mate said my bum bag looked a bit chavy. That was a little hurtful. It's a Europa Park one as well.
AstroDan

Furius Baco and Stampida both hurt me - Bacofor the headache and Stampida for the pains in my side.

Big Dipper in the rain also hurts on the back, and left me with a migraine for a week.

Those three are the worst for me!
Dylan

I cracked a rib after riding Wild Mouse in Blackpool, but it was more to do with the person sitting behind me's knee.
Saw makes my head hurt.
AstroDan

Ah yes - I forget Saw.

Saw is one of those rides that "threatens" my head. That is, I get off and my head feels like it was about to go into pain had the ride gone on any longer. Dragon Khan is another like that.

:)
Luce

We were going up the Nemesis lifthill when my mate said my bum bag looked a bit chavy. That was a little hurtful. It's a Europa Park one as well.
I've also got a Europa Park bum bag and I think it's great too :D

As far as being hurt on a ride, I agree about Eurosat's brake run - you kind of have to brace yourself in readiness for it but it doesn't detract from the enjoyment. Also going on an SLC can be a painful experience too :D
Dylan

Oh I forgot Manhattan Express! That ride is just pain. I felt like my lower back was going to break at some points!