Have you ever been hurt on a ride?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Mankey

Am I the only one who found Saw painful elsewhere? My head's usually fine, although having said that my sister complained about her head hurting. But no, saw hurt my thighs! The way the restraints worked.
Back from hibernation!
popTART

There is not allot of rides i have been hurt by. There is one ride that a load of people know i got hurt on that was Euromir i had my hands right out and my fingers hit a ride support was'nt good :lol: . I also get pain on the Eurosat brake run like chris said.
DiogoJ42

Most rides at BPB cause me pain. Infusion and Big Dipper in particular.
laura87

Space Mountain: Mission 2 at DLP, that ride is the ultimate head banger! Everytime I come off it I'm convinced I've lost a few more brain cells!
Rollercoaster5000

Don't you mean a few million brain cells :D (learned that in a science lesson in year 7 lol). I haven't been injured on a ride, but the Manhattan Express at NY NY in Las Vegas is most proably the most painful ride in existence. I rode it a few years ago and found the it, well it feels like your head has been slammed into a a brick wall ](*,).
Avalanche at PBB hurt my stomach as it was being forced into the restraints as the ride picked up speed. I'm prety sure that Nemesis gave me brain damage the first time I rode rode it, probaly due to it's intensity as the ride left me feeling 8-[ physically and mentally mucked up for about 5 days (though I found it quite tame last time I rode it)
fishdalf

Yeah, Corkscrew gave me a mild concussion last time I rode it. My goodbye ride.
The very first time I rode Rita I adjusted slightly in my seat as it launched and did my hip in also.
joshc807

When i went on The Beastie for the first time i put my hands in the air and the launch made me push forward into the bar it really hurt :x. I cant belive they put a launch on a kids coaster :shock:
DiogoJ42

First time I went on Rita, I didn't know what to expect. I was 'bracing' so hard that my back arched forwards, away from the seat. The launch came... the Gs hit... and I clenched even harder.
:yikes:
I found out the hard way not to try and fight those G forces! :no:
I was buzzing with adrenalin when I got off, but as soon as that died down my back started smarting!

Luckily, I didn't make the same mistake with Stealth! :P

---- Post Info Added ----

[quote=""joshc807""]When i went on The Beastie for the first time i put my hands in the air and the launch made me push forward into the bar it really hurt :x. I cant belive they put a launch on a kids coaster :shock:[/quote]
:shock:

:?

Launch?

Launch?

:chuckel: :lol: :P
Benedique

Well lets get the Alton one's out of the way first:

Nemesis gives me headache every time, doesn't stop me from loving it though!

Air did an emergency stop on the lift hill once, my restraint was super tight so it killed my ribs when the ride jerked for the emergency stop, then in the same ride I got stuck in the 'flying position' in the station for 20 minutes, my neck hurt for about a week afterwards with trying to hold it up!

Rita (not so much painful for me) I had a hair grip in (the ones like claws that hold all your hair in) anyway the launch caused it to snap and fly off, it hit a woman in the head below because it missed the safety nets underneath!

Now for other theme parks

Apocalypse @ Drayton Manor, hurts my stomach everytime eurghhhh!

Stormforce again @ DM it wasn't me but on a school trip a lad from my year went on the ride @ the same time as me, he ended up on the row infront of me and as it went down the main drop his head was thrown forwards and he bust his nose open, there was blood everywhere! The ride operators just shunned him off quickly and told worried people in the queue that it must have just been a nose bleed! My school put in a complaint but Drayton said he couldn't have banged his nose so it must have been a nose bleed! Now i didn't get on with the lad in school but I saw what happened and he did actually bang his nose on the boat, I know because I nearly did the same thing myself once!

Grand National @ PBB - that again is another stomach ripper but so intense for me that i refuse to go on it, OUCH! just thinking about it brings back the pains.
Ritadz

Also once when I went on Air I breathed in when the supervisor locks the restraint (if you know what I mean).

I could hardly breathe and when I got off I was breathing heavy all the way out of the Air shop.

Also on Scarefest on Rita, you don't know when you're going to launch and when it did finally launch, I was itching the side of my lip and I didn't notice till I saw my photo that there was blood running down my chin.

What made it funny was some guy thought it was fake blood and said to me "I like that fake blood effect on your face", then I looked at my picture and saw the blood and I said "that ain't fake", and walked off.

Also I agree Kumali is a bit scary, you come so close to the ground, that's why I always sit on the left side.

[Names need capitals, full stops at end of sentences please, and don't forget to capitalise your 'I's!]
shane790_0

I banged my head more than once on New york New york Hotel's roller coaster in Vegas. Its a very rough ride!

Although its a very good ride I might add
Anonymous

I've only just got back from Blackpool Pleasure Beach after a 4 hour drive, and my back and neck are still hurting after riding the Big Dipper.
I couldn't believe how much I was thrown about and how rough (yes I know woodies are not the smoothest of coasters) but I rode the Grand National with no problems. And I never suffered any pains or any injuries from the old Corkscrew at AT.
Pennywise

I've been bruised on a couple of rides, but not badly, and I think it's all part of the fun to be honest. Rattlesnake at Chessington would have to be the main one, Wild Mouse rides in general in fact, but they're designed to be rough.

Vampire and Spinball have both given me headaches, but that was down to multiple riding. :P
Titters

How does everyone find Big Dipper painful? Grand National, Wild Mouse, PMBO and to some extent Infusion are worse at PBB. The Beastie is painful at AT however, it also took a chunk out of my mates leg. And at Disneyland Paris, Indiana Jones et le temple du Peril is reasonably painful. :)
Blaze

Big Dipper was incredibly smooth! Even on the back row I never noticed any roughness what so ever :?
Kendalgal

Nemesis - Can't ride it anymore as it gives me such a headache and makes me feel sick every single time i go on. Shame as i love the ride...

Air - Hurts my boobs everytime they raise you into the flying position! Was stuck on it for 20 mins last time therefore was in utter agony.

The Beastie - That ride is lethal. Nearly dislocated my elbow on it.

Rita - Don't look to your terrified mate on your right when the start lights start to go out. Enough said lol...

Irn bru @ Blackpool - Ewww this ride is just awful and hurts every body part known to mankind.

Stormforce @ Drayton - the 1st drop is unexpected and i did what the girl above's school friend did, hit my nose on the boat.

More i think but cant remember. These are the most recent ones or most memorable ones.
Mum to Hollie (9) & Madison (5)
Blaze

There is a horrible jolt on Stornforce's first drop, that hurt a bit.
mattbailey

The Ultimate with Diogo, in the rain, front row.

It felt like 3 rounds with Amir Khan in a hurricane. Brilliant ride, brilliant bruises!
:P
tamtam86

I wouldn't say it's me being hurt but everytime I ride Air I come very close to passing out and am very sick afterwards. Needless to say, I don't ride it anymore!
SIMR

Wild Mouse @ Blackpool - Enough said.

However, I also found Stampida at PortAventura to be rather painful too, I still loved it :)