Fairs/Travelling Rides - General Discussion

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
ATJoseph

The fair that came to lincoln recently had a bomber and DiogoJ42's favorite stargate (Stupid Ride)
it came in september i diddent go im not too keen on fairs anymore, but my freinds love them altough at my school about 5 people i know have been to Alton/Thorpe Parants just dump there kids on the streets where i live
thats why i dont play out.
themealgang

I rode Air last night at Winter Wonderland. Fair to say that machine is just magical- put Pleasure Beach to shame as they always seemed to run Bling on a really slow setting!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pricey ;)

Does anybody know of any good funfair forums aside from TowersTimes and Uk Rides? im looking along the lines of say travelling fairs in germay new products from different companies which you barely find on english forums?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Pricey ;) wrote: Does anybody know of any good funfair forums aside from TowersTimes and Uk Rides? im looking along the lines of say travelling fairs in germay new products from different companies which you barely find on english forums?
All The Fun Of The Fair

Though in order to sign up you need to know an existing member who'll get the account set up for you.

You'll find that the UK fair industry is very different to that of in Europe. UK Showmen are a lot more guarded about the information they give out. It also isn't normal to discuss new rides or changes in ownership openly without express permission from the showmen involved.
Last edited by Adz on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawkeye

Just home from a day out at M&Ds traveling theme park in Edinburgh, what a day and I aint talking about the rain.

I was queuing for a ride and noticed a lot of black smoke coming out miami and thought that cant be right  :?  Then some security guards came running with fire extinguishers. And went and told the staff that was operating it to stop the ride theres a fire at the back.
The ride was stopped the people got out and the fire was put out and then the ride was reopened and people started piling on again  :shock: It was like the security knew what to do, as if they have been taught well or it had already caught fire before...................

Anyway I was like 'I dont think we will queue for this one' and left and went on the log flume one and were like well if that one gets stuck again we can walk off the ride
SpinballEdders

A couple of weeks ago, I was walking through Crystal Palace Park in South London and I noticed a fair nearby. So I went to see what was there. I saw a Wacky Worm coaster, Something that looked like a KMG afterburner with 4 arms, a Ghost train, a Waltzer, and as well as other rides which don't know the names of. I didn't go on anything due to the lack of money, but it looks decent for a fair :)
mathmos

The latest prototype ride is due to debut at Kirkcaldy Fair 18 Apr 2012 - 23 Apr 2012
The ride is the brand new prototype Sonacase 'lifting' Twist and will be the very first of it's type ever.
The machine will feature stunning lighting effects (most likely LED) and is a Twist mounted on a hydraulic centre column that lifts into the air and also has individual rotation on each arm so the rides arms can be slowed down and stopped but at the same time the cars can be spun around on the spot or adjusted to create a whirl around effect, unlike other Twists which use friction drives.
The ride will be presented by Billy and Dane Crow who travel their fantastic Extreme Orbiter, Equinox and King Frog.
The new ride is called 'CYCLONE' after the very traditional Cyclone Twists from yesteryear.
No doubt it will prove very popular as Crows equipment is first class and always operated very fast with great jingles and lighting effects. 8)
Last edited by mathmos on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiogoJ42

Oooh, sounds interesting. How high does it lift? A few feet like an Orbiter, or stupidly high like a Star Flyer? :lol:
darkside

^ About 10ft from the ground. Its a Twister on a scissor lift....
Pricey ;)

Atmos Fear made its debut not that long ago if any bodies interested!

Video
Deleted

Mondial Turbine is ready to debut in Holland.

Looks awesome!

Credit to Jurjen Haagsma
spark

That is crazy large!

Also any chance that G Force behind it was the version from Fantasy Island?
Deleted

Yeah it was bought by Mondial about 10yrs ago and has sat there ever since!
SwEDEN

Dear GOD, at 65 metres this thing is taller than Stealth, and has got the same capacity as Stealth too. This thing could give one of the UK's best coaster's a run for it's money. :P
SwEDEN

Just as a question, which do you think are the most attractive and unattractive fair rides?
spark

Hopefully it will be over here soon
Ripsaw Raver

Without a shadow of a doubt for Attractive fair rides.

Equinox
SuperSpin
and MoveIt32 when it was around
oh and nearly forgetting Mondial Diablo-  Intoxx which i have no idea what it means but i assume its something to do with overpowering pressure.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Deleted

*NEW* KMG "Sicko" - Air One Maxxx for France.

KMG's new travelling 2 trailer ride. Not sure what to make of this!

Luce

It does look rather bonkers but at the same time exciting :)

KMG can do crazy things on occasions that's for sure - Mission Space also comes under that category but I enjoyed it :D
Boz

that looks pretty amazing :shock: