Your top 5 parks

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
DanB

I do like Alton but as i go there so much its not in my top 5. It would be near the end of my top 10.
AstroDan

Just because you go to a park often doesn't mean it can't be one of your top parks!

Still, I wouldn't imagine Alton beats the parks you have voted in any case.

:P
DanB

Going so often makes it very samey for me and not as exciting as it was when i used to visit once a year.
AltonThorpe

1. Alton Towers (I have a reason, I only go once or twice a year)
2. Europa Park
3. Thorpe Park
4. Disney Florida
5. Chessington
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
John

1. Alton
2. Europa
3. Phantasialand
4. Chessington
5. Efteling

I've not included DLP as its been over a decade since my only visit, so I can't really judge it fairly.

On a good day thorpe could come in at 3rd or 4th, on a bad day its off the scale. Also just missing out is PBB, which for me is a huge collection of average to good rides, but only a couple of great rides (nash, mouse and rev).
jonathan leake

Mt. Olympus
Six Flags Great Amerca
Thorpe Park
Alton Towers
Oakwood
ReallyRollercoasterRules

For Me:

Islands Of Adventure
A great place. Some unique rides such as Spiderman 4D and also home to my favourite inverted coaster Dueling Dragon's. Their is a buzz around the Islands Of Adventure and it spreads out the queues very well. :D

Thorpe Park
My No.2 and favourite UK theme park has to be Thorpe Park. It features some brilliant coasters (Colossus & Inferno), some very good flats (Samuari, Vortex & Rush) and the UK's best halloween event!

Alton Towers
Don't get me wrong, I love the place I just don't think it's on the samr scale as Thorpe is. It's home to my favourite 4 rollercoasters (Oblivion, Nemesis, Air & Corkscrew) but the park is home to only one decent flat. :x

Magic Kingdom, Orlando
Sure the ride's aren't top notch but it's a great place to visit and some of the shows are just fantastic. They also have some decent rides including Splash Mountain. :D

Universal Studios
Some of my favourite rides are here: Revenge Of The Mummy, Jaws and more! The park has some decent rides and it's not hard to enjoy the atmosphere at the park.

Didn't Quite Make It
Drayton Manor
Chessington
SeaWorld
Animal Kingdom
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/
NF2

You rated Thorpe over Magic Kingdom :lol:

my top 5:
1) Universal Orlando Resort - both parks here in my opinionn are fantastic, the theming at both parks is to an extreme quality and all the rides are highly immersive and sometimes the effects can make up for a ride which would seem dull alone. I prefer it to disney as it's slightly more adult based and mixes decent thrills with immersive themeing.

2)Alton Towers - I just love the place and despite Universal being top, I don't have the same amount of love for it as I do Alton. There have been a few rough years which have probably stopped it hitting my top spot, however the history I have with the place means I love it all the more!

3) Magic Kingdom - Everybody loves Disney, I don't know a person that doesn't, however for me whilst the way they run and theme the Magic Kingdom is superb, there just isn;t enough rides which get my adrenaline going. The place is fun, however without the theming the rides wouldn't be so spectacular.

4) Canada's Wonderland - One word - BEHEMOTH! The park is literally huge and has an almost endless array of quality flats that would put Thorpe to shame! The coasters up until thi year are all a bit average, however Behemoth totally makes up for it. Theming is OK but not really special, i'd say Alton has the upper hand.

5) Disneys Hollywood studios (or MGM when I last visited :lol) - I love this park for the same reason I love the two Universal parks, it mixes the two mediums I love, rides and films :o The reason I put it much lower is the lack of rides though, Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Rollercoaster are Awesome, but once they are done proper thrills are limited :(
TB2

I'll do my best but I'm slightly limited on parks that I've been to.. ah well :D

1) Europa Park.
Easily the best. Everything about the place is awesome, from the tiny obscure rides to the main attractions. The quality of the Hotels and Ti-pi's adds brownie points to a top class day out. I don't think there much that can overtake Europa realistically.

2) Parque Warner Madrid.
It's the sort of park that would be a nightmare if it was busy. Luckily this is rarely the case and with the quality of rides such as Superman, Batman and Acme rapids this was a quality theme park that I desperately want to go back to. I loved Superman a little too much to be honest :oops: .

3) Alton Towers.
I think Alton Towers gets in here purely because it is the UK's best Theme Park. Now, a lot of people would argue against this but I don't think anyone could say that the coasters aren't top quality rides. Nemesis, Oblivion, Air, Runaway Mine Train are just the start for me. I'm also rather fond of the hotel.

4) Phantasialand
Black Mamba really helps here because I was having a bit of trouble for the Fourth. Never-the-less, it was the Beemer that pushed it forward to me. I love Mamba and I wish I had ridden more when I went two years ago. It's a shame the park feels quite squashed in, otherwise it could take over Alton Towers in a few years time.

5) Chessington
For me their are several reasons. Ironically its more for what Cwoa has done for me in the past and not in the future. It was where I rode my first rollercoaster, my first up-side down thrill and my first job in the coaster industry. Some of the moments such as my first scare on the Vampire and Runaway Train will always live with me. The park means a lot to me and I'm desperately hoping it starts to get the investment it truely deserves

Parks that didn't make it
Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Drayton Manor, Thorpe Park, Paultons Park, Holiday Park, Tripsdill, Klotten, Parque de Attrocines (spl),
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

JarethDrakul

1. Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
2. Walt Disney World (Animal, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Disney Studios)
3. Busch Gardens
4. Alton Towers
5. Drayton Manor
caffeine_demon

[quote=""TB2""]I'll do my best but I'm slightly limited on parks that I've been to.. ah well :D

2) Parque Warner Madrid.
It's the sort of park that would be a nightmare if it was busy. Luckily this is rarely the case and with the quality of rides such as Superman, Batman and Acme rapids this was a quality theme park that I desperately want to go back to. I loved Superman a little too much to be honest :oops: .
[/quote]

I loved parque warner - think superman is my fave coaster now - a couple of dark rides, and maybe a flat or two and it would have made my list