Strange Coasters

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Nightfall

[quote=""Sam""]Can anyone find a gayer rollercoaster?[/quote] No, but this is certainly the most mutilated roller coaster.

I used to love the old carts :(
Picture is of course thanks to Islander
[align=center]Image[/align]
A5H

One of the most strange, horrible experiences I ever experienced in life was on this ride :) Hated every second of it :| I believe it is now called Sonic Spinball :P
MattH

[quote=""A5H""]Image

One of the most strange, horrible experiences I ever experienced in life was on this ride :) Hated every second of it :| I believe it is now called Sonic Spinball :P[/quote]

haha, looks very strange indeed, reminds me of something? i wonder what? :P
captain

Speaking of Chance Toboggans, I accidently found another, and check out the hideous cars! Far worse than the Jungle Coaster managed!

It's bizarrely in the middle of nowhere in France, and seems to be mounted on the back of a lorry. I won't be rushing to ride this in a hurry! :P

[align=center]Santa Clara[/align]
Nightfall

I would agree the carts are worse, but they were designed badly. Being mutilated made the Jungle coaster rattle terribly, destroyed capacity and almost knocked me out on the break run when sitting in front of the glass.

Why is the status “under construction”? :?
[align=center]Image[/align]
Jem8472

[quote=""captain""]Speaking of Chance Toboggans, I accidently found another, and check out the hideous cars! Far worse than the Jungle Coaster managed!

It's bizarrely in the middle of nowhere in France, and seems to be mounted on the back of a lorry. I won't be rushing to ride this in a hurry! :P

Image[/quote]

They use to have one that looked like that at Gt Yarmouth pleasure beach. It was not a bad ride. Went on it a few times. I was probably about 10ish years old at the time. The little dip at the end used to try and give you whiplash
elmerfudd

[quote=""A5H""]Image

One of the most strange, horrible experiences I ever experienced in life was on this ride :) Hated every second of it :| I believe it is now called Sonic Spinball :P[/quote]

I love the way Alton couldnt be botherd to finish off painting the support! (Far Left)
MattH

[quote=""elmerfudd""][quote=""A5H""]Image

I love the way Alton couldnt be botherd to finish off painting the support! (Far Left)[/quote]

#-o you do realise this was closed season... they did finish it...
elmerfudd

^You do realise I was being sarcastic?
ukool

[quote=""captain""]Speaking of Chance Toboggans, I accidently found another, and check out the hideous cars! Far worse than the Jungle Coaster managed!

Image[/quote]

I went on one of these at a local fair years ago. Scary stuff, the hill lift was awful and i felt very unsafe. The sprial part was slow and boring.
DiogoJ42

Am I the only one here who actually wants to ride one of those? :?

Purely for the credit, you understand. :P
SAM93

I have ridden one, if you want to damage your neck and head, then be my guest and go ride one.

They are awefully painfull coasters!
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I must be the only one to think the Toboggan was really fun. Okay it's not exactly thrilling or fast but the sheer weirdness of it and the fact you think it's going to kill you any second makes for a strangely fun ride. The vertical lift and mini drops are quite fun :mrgreen:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Rathaus

An (almost) live webcam of this rather crazy ride! It's not running yet, but I'd imagine it will later.. you can pan, tilt and zoom the the cam BTW.. :)

Clicky
starbugger1303

That actually looks fun, probaly a bit rough but enjoyable.
DiogoJ42

That's just weird. :shock: It's like some one took a kiddy coaster and shoe-horned an inversion into it.
Mitch

So it may not have weird trains or be falling apart but I've always found Hydra at Dorney Park to be extremely weird. It has a very unconventional B&M layout with a "JoJo Roll" (barrel roll) straight from the station, the ride having a straight drop and no vertical loop in it. The track is also shaped really weird, the dive loop doesn't look like it completely inverts and look at how bent the cobra roll is!

Photos from RCDB and CoasterImage.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Rathaus""]

[/quote]

I like the look of that :shock:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Rathaus

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]That's just weird. :shock: It's like some one took a kiddy coaster and shoe-horned an inversion into it.[/quote]

This thing looks mental.. POV
Oblivion_

[quote=""Sam""][quote=""Blaze""]Plastic, cheap and throw away music and then some. He/she/it is an annoying, attention and fame seeking freak and I hate him/she/it with a passion.[/quote]
Thanks for that little bit of transphobia there. :roll:

[quote=""shane790_0""]New York New York hotel coaster In Vegas is strange as its built around the hotel

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url][/quote]
That rollercoaster is deeply, deeply awful! :lol:

If you wanna read a bit more about it there's a big thread on it here including my thoughts. :)

Weird coasters you want ey?

How about... the Komet in Dubai.

The 'K' is for koooooooooool...[/quote]

Alternatively, there's one exactly like that at a childrens play area in Petoborough ;)
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA