ORLANDO!

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AltonThorpe

What is Orlando like, i'm going there for the first time this Easter. What are the best rides?
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
Ollie

Its...amazing!

Which Parks are you planning to visit?
Chris W

[quote=""AltonThorpe""]What are the best rides?[/quote]

Expedition Everest
Tower of Teror
Toy Story Mania
Big Thunder Mountain
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Kilimanjaro Safaris

SheiKra
Kumba
Montu

Kraken
Manta (Might have just opened)

Spiderman
Dueling Dragons
Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit (Might have also just opened)
The Simpsons Ride
Men In Black: Alien Attack
Hulk

Many, Many more...
Rowe

Dueling Dragons is the best at Univeral Islands of Adventure from what I remember, and Rock'n'Roller Coaster at DisneyWorld is brilliant too.
xEmmax

I'm going Easter to ! 26th March - 13th April and I can't wait!

Theres so much to do I couldn't even begin to describe the best rides. But my favorite parks are Magic Kingdom, Sea World and Islands of Adventure - all offer something different and are top notch theme parks.

Do your research before you go Orlando is stuffed with 100 million things to do and if you want t fit it all in you have to plan like mad, and be prepared!
AltonThorpe

[quote=""Ollie""]Its...amazing!

Which Parks are you planning to visit?[/quote]

Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and a NASA place :?

Twickenham Stadium
Ollie

Cool, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!

Make sure you do Spiderman! T'is one of the best Rides I've ever been on...
Khanage

Soooooooo.......jealous! You've inspired me to get off my arse and visit that far and distant land.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

AltonThorpe

The only bad thing though is that I hate flying :x [-o<

Twickenham Stadium
Crofty

[quote=""AltonThorpe""]The only bad thing though is that I hate flying :x [-o<[/quote]
I'm fine with flying. It's the crashing that really puts a dampner on my day. :lol:
going-up

I am going to Olando next year. Can't wait! :D I havent been since 2001 so it will be nice to see it again. Trust me you won't regreet going.
Khanage

[quote=""The Hero""][quote=""AltonThorpe""]The only bad thing though is that I hate flying :x [-o<[/quote]
I'm fine with flying. It's the crashing that really puts a dampener on my day. :lol:[/quote]

:D :lol:

That is classic!!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

AltonThorpe

Whats better?
Hulk or Kraken

Twickenham Stadium
Matt.C

[quote=""AltonThorpe""]Whats better?
Hulk or Kraken[/quote]
Personally I enjoyed Hulk more (probably shown by the fact I rode it 7 times in a row) but Kraken is great too.
AltonThorpe

What are the average queues? (obviously for the big rides)

Twickenham Stadium
Anonymous

Im heading over there next month any idea on how busy the parks will be at the beginning of feb and what rides would you recommend.
Pennywise

[quote=""AltonThorpe""]What are the average queues? (obviously for the big rides)[/quote]

I'd say around the length that queues at Thorpe get during Fright Nights... and that's every weekend and school holiday!
Smeck

No idea on the queues at Easter, we went last October just after Halloween Horror Nights had started (although we didn't go to that, just Universal IoA/Studios during the day). Queues at weekends were busy without being too silly (about an hour max) and during the week they weren't bad at all with some rides being walk-on.

I'm guessing it'll be a lot busier at Easter though, it might be worth investing in Fastrack tickets (Universal Express etc.) but I'd recommend seeing how busy it is first.

On the day we went to Busch Gardens it wasn't really that busy until lunchtime, which seemed to be when the coach trips arrived - we had a hire car so got there not long after opening.

Do all the rides you can, I don't think there's a bad one in Orlando/Tampa (although we didn't do Disney at all, and Gwazi @ Busch was a bit rough). Universal was our favourite park(s) but we went to SeaWorld twice - the shows aren't bad at SeaWorld either, although the Shamu show was sickeningly twee :P

Enjoy it, we're hoping to go back in 2010 after IoA open the Harry Potter area and all the plain, flat walls have been taken down around Dueling Dragons ;)
Crofty

[quote=""James_ST""]Im heading over there next month any idea on how busy the parks will be at the beginning of feb and what rides would you recommend.[/quote]

This is a great time to go over! It's warm to hot and very pleasent, like a nice British summers day, not to hot. :D
The parks are very quiet at this time of year and you'll find most of the rides in Universal, IOA, Seaworld and Busch will be walk on.
Disney will be a bit busier as it always is but still, make use of the free fastpass stations, even still you wont queue for more than 40 minutes for anything.

The only downside to going at this time of year is that certain rides will be closed for refresh, normally one in each Disney park, not just the big rides, it could be a smaller attraction. :)
At the universal parks you may find some rides also closed such as ripsaw falls and Jaws becasue I believe they are now seasonal.

Have fun, make sure you get on Spiderman and the Mummy. Make sure you watch Fantasmic in Disney Studios (night time show.)

Oh and Kraken in Seaworld!.....mmmmmmmm...Kraken. :love:

--EDIT--

I've checked the refreshes for Disney:

Epcot - Ellen's Energy Adventure (not a very sad loss)
Magic kingdom:
Mickey's Philharmagic closed until 6th Feb
The Liberty Square Riverboat closed from 19th Feb
Disney Studios - Backlot tour closed until 28th Feb, Sounds Dangerous is closed as it's seasonal.

Typhoon Lagoon is also closed, Blizzared beach remains open.

TBH thats a very good line up of rides to be down, when we were last over there Test Track was closed which was a real shame.
:D :D
popTART

I loved the testrack wanted to que for it again after my first go but my parents denied me and my sister :lol: