SS Power Flying Machine Thingey Bob

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Green.Wing

http://www.screamscape.com/html/industr ... tm#SSPower
While at IAAPA I reported on the new S&S Eagle family coaster concept, an incredible and unique looking attraction that will serve as the S&S take on the “spinning coaster” genre, but in my opinion this ride could really be something wonderful. Check out this quick animated clip of the ride inaction, since words alone make this concept so hard to describe fully. At the end of the clip is a second one showing off the new Pirate Plunge family flat ride that can be adjusted to become as wet as you want it, perfect for waterparks looking for a little something extra. The version seen in the clip is currently running at Stan’s own FEC park in Logan, Utah
Seems ok. Good to introduce something for the family. But will it catch on ??
Nick

I can't really see this catching on. Its just another spin on the S&S Screamin Squirrel which was a complete flop. Perhaps a few for small parks in America, but I think Gerstlauer have an edge for parks installing new, small and compact coasters like this for the European parks
iriderides101

It looks like this is S&Ss attempt to revive the arrow suspended coaster. I do like it
Johno

I quite like it.

Although I've got to admit that the Pirates plunge thing would be great in Mutiny Bay!
Benbrit

I like S&S but on reflection and from the rides I've seen, though innovative and creative, they often seem to have dire reliability. I think they should review the rides they have already before developing anything new for the market. Any way the ride looks like an interesting concept though I think it won’t sell due to: reliability, throughput and general oddity (making it difficult to market)

Then again I might be wrong, stranger things have sold well... The internet for one.

Ben
Dr Pop Rocket

It's a rather interesting concept, but S&S are just unreliable and have a very poor after service from what I understand, Thorpe Park I know have especially had a lot of trouble with trying to get parts from them. Same with a few other parks also, so there not in most parks favourite books at the moment.
iriderides101

[quote=""Dr Pop Rocket""]It's a rather interesting concept, but S&S are just unreliable and have a very poor after service from what I understand, Thorpe Park I know have especially had a lot of trouble with trying to get parts from them. Same with a few other parks also, so there not in most parks favourite books at the moment.[/quote]

Having said that. We havn't heard any problems about ejanka in japan.