Harry Potter Theme Park Announced!

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Rowe

Brand new photos

Cheers to Mugglenet.

It's getting better. I'm slowly being impressed.
DiogoJ42

wow. I just can't see SW6 matching that. :(
Chris W

Well more details should come out in the next few days.

Still not too impressed though...

The budget for Harry Potter is a lot bigger than SW6, of course Harry Potter will be better.
CJH

I just hope it is open for September 2010 when I visit, after the Rockit delays I wouldn't put anything passed Universal, granted it wasn't their fault but still.
Chris 21 Manchester
amcmaster1

Think this is going to be great!

Does any one have a list of what the opening attractions in the land will be?
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean
Chris W

Right-eo, tomorrow will be the webcast announcing more stuff about the Wizarding World.

There is a chance that there will be a live webstream via the Universal Orlando media website.
[s:31321hnl]Personally, I will be tweeting all the details as they come in via various sources on my Twitter which is found...

Here[/s:31321hnl]

Live video at: [url=http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/[/url]

Also the above website has been updated with a map, and other images. (Press release can also be found and more images)

---- Post Info Added ----

Full update now... Set to open in Spring 2010.

[url=http://media.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/news.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://media.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/news.php[/url]
Rowe

I quote Mugglenet:
At a press conference earlier this morning, Universal Studios confirmed that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will officially open in the Spring 2010. No specific date was given.

Names of the three main park rides are:
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Flight of the Hippogriff
Dragon Challenge

Flight of the Hippogriff will include interaction with Hagrid as you fly on a Hippogriff for training. Dragon Challenge will center on flying either a Hungarian Horntail or Chinese Fireball. Univeral's existing ride, Dueling Dragons, will be re-themed into Dragon Challenge.

Other attractions include Ollivander's Shop, Owl Post, Dervish and Banges, Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, Zonko's and Filch Emporium.
Intro with trio
Virtual Map Flythrough

Artwork:
Entire map area
Zonkos
Owlery
Ollivanders
Honeydukes
Filch Emporium

Disco has already posted the artwork of Flight of the Hippogriff, Dragon Challenge and the exterior of Hogwarts :)
amcmaster1

Wow!

I cant wait this looks really good. Im looking forward to finding out more about HP and the forbidden journey.
Moley

Dragon Challenge? Pah.
AstroDan

I am still gutted that the most popular British global literary series in years has gone abroad. Imagine what it would have been like having investment like this in a Harry Potter park here?

Grr. Looks great though of course, but as stated - Dragon Challenge is a poor name.
amcmaster1

^ My sentiments exactly!

There should so be a version of this in the UK after all its set in the UK.

Part of me thinks a small version would make a great expansion to Chessie but obviously no room.

Mabye in a few years time we will be lucky and Universal/Wanner Bros will open something over here based on HP.
oldgitBEN

im *slightly* glad its gone to America as they put alot more money into their attractions I mean the theming on this looks superb I cannot imagine any british theme park pulling off anything on this scale.

Saying that this area is having 3 rides, but 2 of them are just rethemes - bit of a poor show by universal! I know the Harry Potter and the Long Named Ride is meant to be amazing (Kuka arms on a track if I remember right) and I hope it lives up to the hype if not I can see the attraction side of this area being a let down.
amcmaster1

True they do spend a lot more money than us.

I have to agree the area does seem more focused on 'experience the world of HP' instead of 'ride the world of HP'. But im hoping that they will add new rides over the next few years because there is an endless amount that can be created. Im rooting for a Gringotts dark coaster!
Chris W

Recently I expressed my doubts over the Harry Potter Project and whether Universal would be able to pull it off. However, based on the latest constructions pics I have changed my mind.
My only doubts are whether it will be built of time.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is going to be one of the biggest additions to the Orlando Theme Parks for a long time.

Credit: OrlandoRocks.com

Credit:OrlandoUnited.com
Last edited by Chris W on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amcmaster1

Thanks for the pics!

It really does look amazing think the castle is just as impressive as Cinderella's over at Disney!
mooneyman

I look forward to seeing their replica of the Hogwarts express. I'm a bit of a train geek for one, And I'll be interesting to see how they pull off a convincing one..!
Nightfall

My worst fears have been confirmed. The park is taking the same corny lines as the films with all the rides getting really silly names.

With all of the words in the book it wouldn’t have been hard to come up with some creative naming. At least it looks like they’ve layer it out nice with Hogsmed separate to Hogwarts itself. (Although I heard olivanders might be making an appearance).

Rant over! Wow, this does look really impressive I wonder what duelling dragons will look like after the makeover : D . Probably was the right idea for the Americans to build it, even if it’s so far a

"Apologies if the spellings wrong, my spell checker seems to be broken".
[align=center]Image[/align]
Evostance

Christ that has come one a lot since i was there at Easter.
Kelly

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

New video, doesn't really reveal anything new, but excitement! :D
FallenAbyss

Heres a few pictures from our trip ... the attention to detail is stunning even though it's not finished really looking forward to returning so we can see the finished product.

The pictures really don't do the area justice but you get the idea.