The Best UK Theming

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.

What UK Park is the best at Theming

Poll runs till Mon Sep 12, 2044 8:33 am

Alton Towers
48%
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
3%
Camelot Theme Park
2%
Drayton Manor
No votes
Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo
No votes
Gulliver\'s Theme Park
No votes
Legoland Windsor
12%
Chessington World of Adventures
21%
Loudoun Castle Theme Park
No votes
Oakwood Park
No votes
LightWater Valley
2%
Thorpe Park
11%
other
2%

Total votes: 66
MostMagicalCat

Just thinking about theming after looking at that talocan thread, and i was wonder what the best uk park is for theming

answers on a self addressed envelope to.......

or alternativly vote :D

think i put in the all the top parks

if not we got that magic button... other
[
Green.Wing

Still think alton have the best themeing in uk compared to other parks.
AstroDan

Probably Chessington. Although this is mainly due to their past. Some of the rides do look a little worn and jaded in parts, but in general the theming is strong. Tomb Blaster, Rameses Revenge, Dragon Falls, Runaway Train, Rattlesnake etc.

Some of Alton's theming is good, and so is some of Thorpe's - but in general, all the main rides and attractions at CWOA are well themed.
Nick

Of the parks i've been to i'd have to say Chessington. It really is like a mini Alton Towers, really enjoy walking around looking around Wardleys park. Shame with Dragon's Fury the themeing seems rather minimal apart from in the family area. The ride seems to be lacking but the childrens play area looks very well themed
Dr Pop Rocket

Chessington by a long shot, but like Alton it's all mainly on their past attractions, lately theming seems to be minimal and it's not up kept very well, which is such a shame as the theming is just fantastic there, I'd love to say Alton because Hex, Nemesis, Oblivion all of those rides are fantastically themed, but in general the park is no where near as well themed as Chessington is...

Like Nick said, you really can appreciate John Wardleys passion for theming at Chessington, if they could just get back on track and theme new additions up to past standards then they will continue to wipe the floor in terms of theming, that is unless Alton Towers take a turn and start to return to the days of when they immersed their rides and areas in theming, then my mind might start to change...
MostMagicalCat

4 voted for alton, care to elaborate why you chose it over others, chessie seems the best so far, not been so haven't voted

out of the parks in the uk i have been to, drayton was the best in general......

legoland is meant to be great, but cant comment yet as not been.

looking forward to junes visit to chessie tho :D
[
Ash

Alton hasnt had good theming for 5 years. Or 7 if y ou want to be really picky. Chessington please :D

The problem with Alton is there is theming, but its the bare minimum, hardly immersive, hardly world class either! Just a little bit to get by so it doesnt look like its come straight out the factory.

Air wasnt the ride it should of been but that was all down to not spending the money, they will spend 12 million on a ride that technically wasnt finished! And it shows, its just a random coaster with no story or theming!
PA1234

wooooo, hard one! definatly between alton and chessington but i sed alton cus o nemmy!

havin sed that....rita!!? pfft...
AstroDan

To be fair, whilst I did vote for Chessington, it too, like Alton, had its best theming in the 1990's. It just so happens that a lot of it still good, and the newest coaster, Dragons Fury, is sympathetic to the park. Spinball certainly is not, and Rita is not exactly the best.
Chris1

Chessington by miles....

I was simply stunned by how good Tomb Blaster was, theming is a bit more consistant than Altons although BeanoLand is truely dire, worse than Ug Land........

Even my little cousin hates it, and he's only 5!

:)
Mattmills

I went for Legoland as from what i can remember the themeing is absolutely amazing quite emersive if you see what i mean. Otherwise I would have gone for Chessington as their themeing is superb and really adds to the experience! rides like Vampire make me love chessy.
DiogoJ42

I'm going with the flow and plumping for Chessy.

Alton has some wonderful touches- Nemmy being the obvious one- but as an overall park I'd have to go with CWoA. If only JW was still on board!
Johno

I do love lots of the stuff at Gulivers World. Expecially the new stuff like the jurrasic area.

The rest is getting old and needs to be refurbed.

Gullivers just needs loads of investment poured into it to make it better!

Legoland got my vote though. Everything is themed to the hilt and nothing is 'left'.

You even get little lego bugs in the trees.
altontowerskid

Legoland definatly, at no point in the park can you not see Lego, it is everywhere making the park what it should be. Personally i dont really like Legoland because of its target audience but that i cannot mark it down on the park is landscaped beautifully and the theming is down to every last piece. Like someone has already said they have lego bugs in the trees, this is just more than anyone can ask from a UK park, stunning!!
Thomas

Well i haven't been to too many parks so i can only judge where i have been Alton Towers, Drayton Manor

It really depends as it varies from ride to ride, take Drayton; Storm Force 10 has some very impressive themeing so does Maelstrom & Excalibur also Pirate Adventure. But also Alton Towers; Nemesis, Oblivion & also lots of its smaller attractions

So a toss between then two and i have to say Alton, just down to there being more than Drayton & some rides its superb
John

Who voted for blackpool :lol:

I've not been to most of the parks on that list so I can't really judge, out of the ones I have been to (AT, thorpe, PBB, oakwood, legoland, camelot and gullivers) I'd go for AT, with thorpe and legoland fairly close behind. Camelot is pretty good too in places (or was when I last went, but that was some time ago now).
Adam

The KFC in Thorpe Park!

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Liam

[quote=""*Adäm""]The KFC in Thorpe Park!

*Adäm x[/quote]
When I first walked in there last year I honestly thought that it was more Tussauds cut backs - that the ceiling was broken and they hadn't been bothered to fix it! :lol:

I'd say the best themed restaurant would be the McDonalds near Vampire at Chessington - is a pleasure to be in, compared to normal ones anyway.
Ash

I also thought that mcdonalds was fantastic! Strange layout though, would of been fun if some things in there moved :D

Alton need another large McDonalds perhaps somewhere in the Valley as the one at the moment in my opinion could be used for something else, as theres no seating!? Its rubbish to be honest. They need another area like by Rita
randomjdd

I live bout 30 mins away from flamingo land and am a frequent visitor, tbh i think that flamingo land themeing has got alot better over tha past couple of years, velocity and navigator fit together in metropolis, splosh is well themed as a water area, and the lost kingdom is well themed but i think that the are extesive changes needed!!!!!!!!!!1 on the seaside area and plaza!!!!!!!!!!