World's Top Parks - Attendance 2006

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Which were the most visited parks in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia/Pacific Rim during 2006? Find out and read expert anaylsis by the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) in <i>TEA/ERA Attendance 2006</i>, an authoritative report in the April 2007 issue of Park World. Here's a hint: Disney does quite well!

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fu ... eport.html
Danzaw*nk

Sheesh, Magic Kingdom in Florida gets over 16mill a year, woah!

I think Thorpe bas done very well tbh. 1.7mill is brilliant for the tiny park it is!

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
altontowerskid

These results are fantastic for Tussauds but i have to give my full backing to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, for getting the same amount of addmissions as Universal Florida!!! For a park of the Pleasure Beaches size that is truly amazing. I was most astonished that every thime i visit the Pleasure Beach there are no queues at all, and they attract 6,000,000 visitors a year.

Personally i think that Blackpool Pleasure Beach is the biggest shocker on that list but good one for Disney, filling the first 8 places!!
stokywolf

[quote=""altontowerskid""]These results are fantastic for Tussauds but i have to give my full backing to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, for getting the same amount of addmissions as Universal Florida!!! For a park of the Pleasure Beaches size that is truly amazing. I was most astonished that every thime i visit the Pleasure Beach there are no queues at all, and they attract 6,000,000 visitors a year.

Personally i think that Blackpool Pleasure Beach is the biggest shocker on that list but good one for Disney, filling the first 8 places!![/quote]

Thats because blackpool is being a cheat again in a way, each time the turnstyle is moved thats counts as one visitor, it doesnt go on how many wristbands are sold, if you wanted to you could go out of the park and come in 5-6 times a day and all your entries would count as being more than your self (if that makes sense?)

Surely they can't be having that many guests and be losing money each year? I'v just taken into account the 6 million guests they get, halfed it and then knocked a few more off numbers (i'm sure quiet a few people leave and re-enter more than once, even three times a day) and that gives me a more accurate number than that 6 million scam.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Kaz

Last years attendance figures have just been released with some quite surprising statistics. Below is the European list, for stats on water parks and world wide theme parks please click here!

Personally I find Altons position on the list rather poor considering it’s status. Obviously Disney is at the top due to it’s world wide reputation followed by Blackpool, remember though that Blackpool measure attendance via gate clicks not paying customers unlike most other parks making it a bit unfair in a way. Another intresting fact is that Alton had 700,000 more visitors than Thorpe last year.

Anyway, views on the infomation provided?

Kaz
CGM

Alton's possition doesn't really surprise me as after Liseberg, Gardaland and De Efteling it's the highest park in the list which isn't a pay-per-ride park or a large international resort which always get high gate figures.

And even the parks which are higher, many of these are the largest or most popular parks in their country wheras Alton sort of shares with Thorpe.

Also remember that in the pay-per-ride parks, the gate figures don't always reflect the spending as many of the guests may simply be walking through the park
Rita 2005

One thing to remember is that TTG don't publish 'official' attendance figures for their attractions and haven't done for years, so those figures for Alton and Thorpe must be estimates.
Lauren

Blackpool at number 2! Surely it couldnt of beat Europa park? I mean it hasnt exactly got the most thrilling of rides (excluding the big one)
LiamC

[quote=""Lauren""]Blackpool at number 2! Surely it couldnt of beat Europa park? I mean it hasnt exactly got the most thrilling of rides (excluding the big one)[/quote]

This is based on entrance, not actually how many people buy wristbands, as Blackpool operates a system where its free to get in but to ride you have to buy tokens/wristbands so there cheating really, as one person could enter upto 4 times in one day and not ride anything and these are all counted as visits!
Mattmills

interesting that Alton Towers had more visitors than Walt Disney Studios in Paris, would have thought that this park would have a lot more considering how many visitors the main Disneyland Park had
haydn!

[quote=""Mattmills""]interesting that Alton Towers had more visitors than Walt Disney Studios in Paris, would have thought that this park would have a lot more considering how many visitors the main Disneyland Park had[/quote]

Disney Studios in Paris is a bit of a white elephant on the Disney Parade, it seriously stalled major investment in the resort, with poor attendance from day one. Mainly down to the lack of anything worth visiting for with the exception of Rock N Roller and the Studio Tour, but two attractions was never enough to carry a Disney Park.

Hence the massive investment programme currently taking place at park at the moment, with two major attractions opening this year, Terror of Terror and Stitch Encounters next year plus then a rumoured major expansion to the Studio Tour and also the possibility of a "Journey To the Centre of the Earth" ride.

Hopefully, things do appear to be getting back on track, and attention may slowly turn back onto Paris' third gate.